Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 465

Thread: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

  1. #141
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    **** that! I want them to answer up, here on earth. We don't have time for Allah to punish those twisted cocksuckers.

    Don't get me started on teh Cartoon Riots.
    Everyone will be punished by God eventually

    If you cannot wait then go ****ing track them down in Somalia or Afghanistan.

    Pack some sun screen, it gets hot at this time of the year there.


  2. #142
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Were the Cartoon Riots motivated by their beliefs?
    The cartoon riots were motivated by religion yes.


  3. #143
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But, I certainly don't see you condemning AQ for their motivations.
    I have never condemned Al Qaeda? Lol.


  4. #144
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Nothing justifies killing innocent people but pretending to be oblivious to some of the causes helps no one.

    Politics is not the sole cause of terrorism no, but for some to pretend that religion is the only reason some Muslims blow themselves up is ignorant.
    I don't think anyone is pretending that it's solely religion or that the other factors don't exist. The point is that you're phrasing things in a way that seems to be shifting the blame in some cases.

    Example:

    Imagine that John Q. Nutjob hates Islam because he thinks that Muslim countries are responsible for terrible things that have been done to America. He goes out and blows up a mosque. Would you say that "Islam's attacks on America" were the reason for his actions? Of course not.

    Yet when Abdul Q. Nutjob goes out and blows up a building because he thinks America is responsible for terrible things that have been done to Islamic countries, you point to those political incidents and say "if those aren't the reasons behind terrorism, then nothing is."
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  5. #145
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    I have never condemned Al Qaeda? Lol.
    I've enver seen you condemn AQ's ideology, nor their motivations. A few posts back, you even apologized for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #146
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    The cartoon riots were motivated by religion yes.
    Thank you for being honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #147
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    I don't think anyone is pretending that it's solely religion or that the other factors don't exist. The point is that you're phrasing things in a way that seems to be shifting the blame in some cases.
    I honestly do think politics causes terrorism more than Islam ever will.
    I am not going to lie and say Islam plays no role whatsoever in perhaps helping recruitment for some like Al Qaeda or justification for their actions for those like the Taliban but it doesn't matter how remote one goes, politics is weaved into it and 9/10. The politics will include a Muslim country which has some sort of problem.

    Saying that, politics is not and never will be justifiable reason to kill innocent people. Those terrorists are murderers and they will go to hell for the murders they do. I just acknowledge that politics has a role in it.
    That does not mean I am shifting blame from anyone but those responsible.
    Last edited by Laila; 08-31-10 at 05:35 PM.


  8. #148
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I've enver seen you condemn AQ's ideology, nor their motivations. A few posts back, you even apologized for them.
    Then go back and read my 8,000 posts.
    I have always condemned radical Islam.


  9. #149
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Come on folks, isn't it obvious, all and every muslim is wonderful and peace loving. Its all OUR fault that some of them forget that at times. If we just do every single solitary thing the radical...err, I mean, peace loving but pushed to the edge by those evil westerners....muslims want then there wouldn't be any more terrorism. Why can't you all understand that its so simple!? Just stop supporting Israel, legitimize Hamas, act like the Middle East is a wonderful utopia that can never have any affect on the outside world so should be completely ignored, and be sure to flick off any allies that they dislike before you boot them over the cliff. Just follow those simple steps and us foolish westerners would stop forcing the rad-...there I go again...segment of peace loving muslims pushed to the edge and made temporarily insane by the evil and vileness of the rest and we'll all be happy and wonderful and rainbows!

  10. #150
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: U.S. Muslims launch ad to fight 'fear-mongering'

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Come on folks, isn't it obvious, all and every muslim is wonderful and peace loving. Its all OUR fault that some of them forget that at times. If we just do every single solitary thing the radical...err, I mean, peace loving but pushed to the edge by those evil westerners....muslims want then there wouldn't be any more terrorism. Why can't you all understand that its so simple!? Just stop supporting Israel, legitimize Hamas, act like the Middle East is a wonderful utopia that can never have any affect on the outside world so should be completely ignored, and be sure to flick off any allies that they dislike before you boot them over the cliff. Just follow those simple steps and us foolish westerners would stop forcing the rad-...there I go again...segment of peace loving muslims pushed to the edge and made temporarily insane by the evil and vileness of the rest and we'll all be happy and wonderful and rainbows! http://www.debatepolitics.com/images...llokitty05.gif
    I cannot judge whether you are serious or not.

    The only decent thing in that post was the hello kitty.


Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •