Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 314

Thread: Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

  1. #131
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,610

    Re: Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    I guess you and Vicchio didn't read the article. The police seem convinced. But I suppose you two know better -- had to be 'Jewish Lightening' right, what a nice thought.



    They do? I missed that in the article. Care to make anything else up as you go along?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #132
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    I guess you and Vicchio didn't read the article. The police seem convinced. But I suppose you two know better -- had to be 'Jewish Lightening' right, what a nice thought.
    Care to show us the part where the "Police seemed convinced" part?

    I mean, it's obvious the police are convinced there was a fire, and it was located on the grounds were a new mosque is being built. But that's it.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #133
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,974

    Re: Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    I guess you and Vicchio didn't read the article. The police seem convinced. But I suppose you two know better -- had to be 'Jewish Lightening' right, what a nice thought.
    Seriously, mind pointing out specifically what gives you the idea the police seem "convinced" it was a a hateful burning of the place by someone that dislikes muslims? You know you don't get to just make wild and factless claims without backing it up. I read the article, I see no such comments to even suggest that the police firmly believe what or who did this outside of it being arson. Please, enlighten us to what so many of us are misreading apparently.

  4. #134
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Compared to what?

    I can't seem to say this enough: Islam is a religion, not a race. No matter how much you say it, Islam will never be a race.
    You're right about that. However, it's religious bigotry and it's no better.

  5. #135
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    So you are assuming this is anti-muslim backlash? Tell me detective, did you rule out insurance fraud, a personal feud, disgruntled members of said mosque? Or are you simple doing the same thing you are accusing who you are speculating about of,


    Again, the only ones who could collect insurance would be the construction company. Not the mosque. They would have no motive.

    But I'm glad that YOUR first suspicion is blaming the victim.

    "Well, she was wearing a short skirt."

  6. #136
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,974

    Re: Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post

    But I'm glad that YOUR first suspicion is blaming the victim.

    "Well, she was wearing a short skirt."
    Any evidence he was blaming the victim or anyone FIRST or are you just making an emotional plea because you have no real argument and you were hoping it would hide your obvious hyperbole and blatantly dishonest accusation. Reverends statement was asking how people came to a singular conclusion by ruling out every other situation. That is not the same as his "first" suspicion being to blame the victim but rather to state that there are multiple possibilities so declaring or implying one and one alone without anything to refute other possibilities is rather foolish.

    But you know, taking what he said and actually responding to it wouldn't have let you put in your worthless emotional rape analogy that was horrendously flawed

  7. #137
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    Again, the only ones who could collect insurance would be the construction company. Not the mosque. They would have no motive.
    Who said that insurance was the only possible motive? When that chick slashed a "B" into her face, it wasn't for the insurance money.
    Last edited by RightinNYC; 09-04-10 at 05:20 PM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Care to show us the part where the "Police seemed convinced" part?

    I mean, it's obvious the police are convinced there was a fire, and it was located on the grounds were a new mosque is being built. But that's it.
    Um... "Ruled Arson"...

    Um... right there at the top of the thread...

    Not sure what else to say... Did you not see "ruled arson"...???

  9. #139
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Um... "Ruled Arson"...

    Um... right there at the top of the thread...

    Not sure what else to say... Did you not see "ruled arson"...???
    You're missing the point - it's possible for this to be an arson, yet be committed for a reason other than "anti-muslim backlash," which is what you claimed.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    01-26-14 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    You're missing the point - it's possible for this to be an arson, yet be committed for a reason other than "anti-muslim backlash," which is what you claimed.
    It's possible, but is it probable? No. The time is too coincidental when anti-Muslim sentiment is taking off in America, especially with the Ground Zero mosque.

    And you're saying it's "possible" it's arson, when they already ruled it to be arson, and will charge whoever the suspect of doing it with arson.

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •