Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 314

Thread: Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

  1. #91
    User justonemorevoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    01-11-11 @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    115

    Re: Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Then, they should go to jail for arson. End of story.

    Or, do you propose that white, Christian, southern males, that are deemed to be racist, homophobic, islamophobic and hate Obama, because he's black, not because he's inacting ****ed up policies and don't understand him, because they're too stupid, should be put into concentration camps?

    No one know what the hell the reason for the torch job is, but the Libbos are certain, without a doubt, that it's a hate crime.

    How much perfect could this scenario be? I own a construction company; I have a constract to build a mosque; I'm late on some equipment notes; I burn my equipment, knowing that the PC Libbo in the local government will chompin at the bit to prove it's a hate crime, that the arson investigators won't have the chance to prove that I'd committed insurance fraud.

    Yeah, it's perfect!!
    after all the protesting of said mosque, its not that big of a leap. btw, wtf did i say anything about putting any jackass bigots in a concentration camp? dont put words in my mouth or assume that i would even go that far. plz and thanks!

  2. #92
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Then, they should go to jail for arson. End of story.

    Or, do you propose that white, Christian, southern males, that are deemed to be racist, homophobic, islamophobic and hate Obama, because he's black, not because he's inacting ****ed up policies and don't understand him, because they're too stupid, should be put into concentration camps?

    No one know what the hell the reason for the torch job is, but the Libbos are certain, without a doubt, that it's a hate crime.
    But would you say, particularly taking into account the current environment involving Muslims and the heated controversies around building a mosque, that it is a valid probability?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #93
    User justonemorevoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    01-11-11 @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    115

    Re: Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    But would you say, particularly taking into account the current environment involving Muslims and the heated controversies around building a mosque, that it is a valid probability?
    prolly not.

  4. #94
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

    Why do you guys keep doing that? Liberal -vs- Conservative? Why can't this simply be a right -vs- wrong issue? Because that's exactly where it is as far as I'm concerned. My political views are cast far aside when it comes to people who are unjustly persecuted just because they may be or believe or worship differently than I do. It's got absolutely nothing to do with my political views, none whatsoever. And frankly, I've grown so tired of every Conservative who makes this charge whenever someone disagrees with a matter.

    It's not always about politics. Sometimes, it's just about doing what's right.

  5. #95
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Coming from our resident fire inspector, this has instant credibility.
    No, not that I'm aware of....the search continues...

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If it's a hate crime, then why just burn the equipment? Why not burn the actual structure? Sooner, or later, common sense has to come into play. But, I know, the leftists just can't let this, "hate crime", go without notice. A frame of mind that consistantly negates common sense.
    Because there was no structure to burn at the site. From the article in the OP, they had just broke ground and were preparing the site for construction. Nothing's been built on it yet. Still, to be clear, it is easy to view this incident as insurance fraud perpetrated by arson, and on the surface it shouldn't be ruled out. But based on recent events, I doubt that is the case. I wouldn't be surprised if this case turned out to be arson perpetrated by hate, but I'm willing to accept the possibility that it could easily be an insurance related issue just as it could've been some punk kids out for kicks.

  6. #96
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham
    Actually - since this is one occurance (as opposed to multiple mosques) the most common and simplest motivation for arson is insurance fraud. Now, if we were talking about multiple mosques as a target of arson like the 9 churches in Texas one may say this is a serial arsonist or, possibly someone who's anti-Muslim. The more I think about one mosque being burned down as predicated on an anti-muslim bigot ... I don't think there's facts to back that up.

    Two years ago, several men broke into the Islamic Center of Columbia, about 30 miles (48 kilometers) southwest of Murfreesboro, and torched it with molotov cocktails, stealing a stereo system and painting swastikas and "White Power" on the front of the building.

    Opponents fight new mosques in U.S. heartland - USATODAY.com

    Just pointing out that this wasn't just one occurrence.
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  7. #97
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,585

    Re: Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

    I'm not terribly concerned with whether or not this was a hate crime. It's concerning and the people who are responsible should be brought to justice of course, but the more important thing is whether or not this signals a growing trend in America. Are more and more people beginning to believe that Muslims are not welcome to live in our communities and practice their religion? Sarah Palin is fueling the intolerance and the Lieutenant Governor of Tenn. said this recently: "Now, you could even argue whether being a Muslim is actually a religion, or is it a nationality, way of life, cult, whatever you want to call it."

    I think that the reason there's so much of this garbage going around is because Republican politicians want to capitalize on hard right anger toward Islam in order to get their base to show up to the polls in November. The opposition of gay marriage just isn't as attractive as it used to be, so convincing conservatives that Democrats are building a trojan horse for Muslim extremist infiltration of America is becoming popular. And the media loves to cover it because anger and religious war is oh so interesting.

    I agree that the people who commit these crimes are solely responsible. But for the pundits and politicians who manufacture and inspire anti-Muslim sentiment? We've got to hold them accountable and get rid of them.
    A working class hero is something to be

  8. #98
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Holy Crap! Why is it so hard to get you to type out a clear answer? Why are you dancing around this question? Gheeze. Just answer, cuz we all know what you really mean.


    j-mac
    You have a hard time with anything that doesn't meet your partisan and stereotypical expectation. If you want to understand, you want answers like you have received. If you're just playing partisan stupid, you want answers like what you ding ding dinged. I have always wondered why you don't like honest answers as much as you like to paint answers as something they are not.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #99
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Coming from our resident fire inspector, this has instant credibility.
    Except it was construction equipment - not a building. The site had just begun. The only person who could collect would be the owner of the equipment and not the Mosque or their funders.

    That's why the insurance fraud thing doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

    If you want my guess, it was punk-ass kids. But they felt inspired by the negative vibe being created.
    Last edited by FilmFestGuy; 08-30-10 at 09:01 PM.

  10. #100
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,298
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    If you want my guess, it was punk-ass kids. But they felt inspired by the negative vibe being created.
    This sounds most plausible.

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •