Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44

Thread: A U.S. 'legacy of waste' in Iraq

  1. #11
    User damianvincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Last Seen
    09-23-10 @ 01:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    93

    Re: A U.S. 'legacy of waste' in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Oh my... this is what happens after having a massive OD of Kool Aid.

    They will be paying the price?
    Do you realize 1 million people died under sanctions and Maddie Albright claimed it was "worth the cost"?
    Do you realize they won't have rape rooms, be throwing people off building and won't be murdered because the leader feels threatened?
    Do you realize the Iraqi's are benefiting from the defeat of Saddam and the neutering of terrorists that flocked to the area after the war?
    Do you realize it is now a democracy with a constitution, not a hell hole of evil run by a tyrant and his sick sons and cling-ons?
    Do you realize he used WMD, had them and Hans Blix reported to the UN he lied about what he had and they believed he was in possession of WMD?

    Phew... what they teach kids in school these days.

    .
    Victims of Saddam's' regime, the mass graves.









    The Iraqi's are better off without Saddam. Not to mention it's probably a good thing for the Iraqi's to pick up part of the tab on some of these projects. Not that I'm saying waste didn't occur, but I will not accept that Iraqi's where better off with Saddam in power.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (21.5 KB, 106 views)
    • File Type: jpg 8.jpg (31.1 KB, 106 views)
    • File Type: jpg 21.jpg (20.8 KB, 104 views)
    • File Type: jpg 26.jpg (17.1 KB, 103 views)
    Last edited by damianvincent; 08-30-10 at 06:19 PM.
    The Obama Deficit

  2. #12
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,373
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: A U.S. 'legacy of waste' in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by damianvincent View Post
    Victims of Saddam's' regime, the mass graves.

    The Iraqi's are not better off without Saddam. Not to mention it's probably a good thing for the Iraqi's to pick up part of the tab on some of these projects. Not that I'm saying waste didn't occur, but I will not accept that Iraqi's where better off with Saddam in power.
    I'm surely not alone in finding it incredible people can make such ridiculous remarks, and I can say I'm tired of having to rehash the arguments that extinguish their vapid claims. There's so many of them! They're like Zombies... one wave after another keeping coming at you with the same asinine mantra. Most have given up on Halliburton, yet there are still a few. But, if you're like Michael Moore, Iraq was a little bit of heaven, perhaps Disney, with kids peacefully flying kites.

    I think it is time to go back, grab a few threads and use them as the response each and every time to The Mantra of the Zombies (perhaps calling it The Education of the Lost and Deceived).
    Last edited by zimmer; 08-30-10 at 06:20 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #13
    User damianvincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Last Seen
    09-23-10 @ 01:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    93

    Re: A U.S. 'legacy of waste' in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I'm surely not alone in finding it incredible people can make such ridiculous remarks, and I can say I'm tired of having to rehash the arguments that extinguish their vapid claims. There's so many of them! They're like Zombies... one wave after another keeping coming at you with the same asinine mantra. But, if you're like Michael Moore, Iraq was a little bit of heaven, perhaps Disney, with kids peacefully flying kites.

    I think it is time to go back, grab a few threads and use them as the response each and every time (perhaps calling it The Education of the Lost and Deceived).
    My point is that most of the Dems supported the war in Iraq, especially through their representatives in Congress, very few Dems spoke out against the war, in fact most prominat Dems supported the invasion, at the time. The only thing worse then using the bad economy to funnel nearly a trillion dollars to your special interest groups is playing politics with our troops lives.
    The Obama Deficit

  4. #14
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: A U.S. 'legacy of waste' in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by damianvincent View Post
    The Iraqi's are better off without Saddam. Not to mention it's probably a good thing for the Iraqi's to pick up part of the tab on some of these projects. Not that I'm saying waste didn't occur, but I will not accept that Iraqi's where better off with Saddam in power.
    No one is saying that Iraqi's were better off under Saddam.

    Not a single person.

    But don't wave those civilians deaths in our faces and expect me to still think the war is justified. Yes those deaths were horrible, and Saddam deserved his fate BUT! if you use that to justify Iraq... then how come you haven't gone to Zimbabwe and sorted out Mugabe? How come you haven't gone to North Korea and sorted out Kim Jong Il, he's killed more of his own people then Saddam ever wished he could have... Why haven't you gone into Sudan and freed those people, they have oil as well...

    Come on now.
    Last edited by Jetboogieman; 08-30-10 at 07:24 PM.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: A U.S. 'legacy of waste' in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    In English please... no comprende.

    .
    I guess faining ignorance is a strategy. Not a particularly effective one, but a strategy. More people are dead because of the war than would liely have been by a wide margin. So, there was little particularly humanitarian about the war. We did in fact add injury to injury.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: A U.S. 'legacy of waste' in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by LimeLight View Post
    When has that ever happened?
    Well the Army and the rest of the military has learned a lot from Iraq, so much in fact that we are a better prepared, more capable army, which if it had to re-do Iraq it could be done much better a second time around. And those COIN operations can be used all over the world, so hopefully other branches of the government learned as much as the military did.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: A U.S. 'legacy of waste' in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    No one is saying that Iraqi's were better off under Saddam.

    Not a single person.

    But don't wave those civilians deaths in our faces and expect me to still think the war is justified. Yes those deaths were horrible, and Saddam deserved his fate BUT! if you use that to justify Iraq... then how come you haven't gone to Zimbabwe and sorted out Mugabe? How come you haven't gone to North Korea and sorted out Kim Jong Il, he's killed more of his own people then Saddam ever wished he could have... Why haven't you gone into Sudan and freed those people, they have oil as well...

    Come on now.
    And let'snot forget, when Saddam was filling those graves, we did nothing. We waited until he was mostly finished, after 12 years of sanctions, and then decided to inflict war on the population. That's why I say we added injury to injury, and did nothing particularly humanitarian.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #18
    Advisor BCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    598

    Re: A U.S. 'legacy of waste' in Iraq

    Of course Iraq is better of now than it was under Saadam but still, was it worth the trillions of dollars and thousands of soldiers lives?
    I use a lot of satire and sarcasm so keep that in mind when reading my posts.

  9. #19
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,373
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: A U.S. 'legacy of waste' in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by damianvincent View Post
    My point is that most of the Dems supported the war in Iraq, especially through their representatives in Congress, very few Dems spoke out against the war, in fact most prominat Dems supported the invasion, at the time. The only thing worse then using the bad economy to funnel nearly a trillion dollars to your special interest groups is playing politics with our troops lives.
    I agree, and was in agreement... my point was pointed at those foolish individuals that believed the Iraqi's are somehow worse off now than with Saddam... a viewpoint that simply boggles the mind.

    First they cried about "connecting-the-dots", and then cry when the dots and evidence lead to Saddam still having WMD (you don't have to buy anything Bush said, just read Hans Blix's report to the UN) and we acted because Saddam would not follow the rules... as he hadn't for 12-years. After years of Clinton wagging his finger and doing nothing... Post 911 we didn't have that luxury of appeasing the pacifists or terrorists.

    I think the Dems are despicable. They vote to send troops to war (Senate Dems asked for and got a second vote to try and cover for their decades of hostility to the military) for political expediency, then stabbed them in the back when the troops needed their support the most... also for political expediency.

    Some of them like Reid and Durbin should have been brought to trial for treason.

    The Dems put on a display that was so disgusting it will be difficult to top, but I'm sure they will try. As the Iraq war illustrated, they have zero shame.

    .
    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 08-31-10 at 07:09 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  10. #20
    Professor
    bowerbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    australia
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,430

    Re: A U.S. 'legacy of waste' in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I agree, and was in agreement... my point was pointed at those foolish individuals that believed the Iraqi's are somehow worse off now than with Saddam... a viewpoint that simply boggles the mind.

    First they cried about "connecting-the-dots", and then cry when the dots and evidence lead to Saddam still having WMD (you don't have to buy anything Bush said, just read Hans Blix's report to the UN) and we acted because Saddam would not follow the rules... as he hadn't for 12-years. After years of Clinton wagging his finger and doing nothing... Post 911 we didn't have that luxury of appeasing the pacifists or terrorists.

    I think the Dems are despicable. They vote to send troops to war (Senate Dems asked for and got a second vote to try and cover for their decades of hostility to the military) for political expediency, then stabbed them in the back when the troops needed their support the most... also for political expediency.

    Some of them like Reid and Durbin should have been brought to trial for treason.

    The Dems put on a display that was so disgusting it will be difficult to top, but I'm sure they will try. As the Iraq war illustrated, they have zero shame.

    .
    .
    The intell was flawed - it was from an Australian source and we KNEW it was flawed - even aired a program Pre war about the flawed intelligence.

    But let us truly look at the cost

    Greenhouse gases: Any gas that, by an accident of chemistry, happens to absorb radiation of a type that the Earth, by an accident of history, would like to lose.
    The internet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhoea -- massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind- boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it.


Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •