Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson violated rules, steered scholarships to relatives

  1. #11
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,125
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Another day.... Another corrupt democrat.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    I chose not to respond since you got thread banned because of your reply to me.
    LMAO... It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact you lied would it?

    Thank you for proving that my response that got me thread banned, was 100% accurate.

    Have a nice day.

  2. #12
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Another day.... Another corrupt democrat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    LMAO... It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact you lied would it?

    Thank you for proving that my response that got me thread banned, was 100% accurate.

    Have a nice day.
    So you refuse to answer my question and instead try to derail your own thread by focusing on a confrontation in another thread... ahh guess I won yet again.
    PeteEU

  3. #13
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Another day.... Another corrupt democrat.

    Moderator's Warning:
    Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson violated rules, steered scholarships to relatives Threads merged (and let's talk about this thread and this thread alone)


    This woman sounds like a scumbag. It's one thing to use your position to enrich yourself and your family, but it's another to use your position to enrich yourself and your family at the expense of poor high school students hoping to go to college. The claim that she didn't know what she was doing is laughable.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #14
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,125
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Another day.... Another corrupt democrat.

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    This woman sounds like a scumbag. It's one thing to use your position to enrich yourself and your family, but it's another to use your position to enrich yourself and your family at the expense of poor high school students hoping to go to college. The claim that she didn't know what she was doing is laughable.
    Actually, she sounds just like her colleagues Waters and Rangel. No remorse, and no integrity what so ever.

  5. #15
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson violated rules, steered scholarships to relatives

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Did I hear someone say "culture of corruption"?

    .
    This is the point I was trying to make in another thread. This isn't a one-sided issue. Or have we already forgotten that there were many people charged with corruption when Republicans were in control.

    When one party gets power, corruption rears its ugly head.

    The only way to eliminate it is to show all of them that they're not ensconced forever in their seat.

    She needs to resign. But it would be better if those politicians that are in the gerrymandered districts that have been "safe" for both parties for decades on end all got tossed. There are only about 40 districts where the representative has to stay honest because their seat is truly at risk.

    I'd be willing to bet that if you looked at those charged with corruption on both sides of the aisle, you'll find that nearly 100% of them come from these districts.

    Going solely down a partisan road is just going to lead to corruption from the other side.

    This isn't about party. It's about a system that is fragile and nearly broken.

  6. #16
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,385
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson violated rules, steered scholarships to relatives

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    This is the point I was trying to make in another thread. This isn't a one-sided issue. Or have we already forgotten that there were many people charged with corruption when Republicans were in control.

    When one party gets power, corruption rears its ugly head.

    The only way to eliminate it is to show all of them that they're not ensconced forever in their seat.

    She needs to resign. But it would be better if those politicians that are in the gerrymandered districts that have been "safe" for both parties for decades on end all got tossed. There are only about 40 districts where the representative has to stay honest because their seat is truly at risk.

    I'd be willing to bet that if you looked at those charged with corruption on both sides of the aisle, you'll find that nearly 100% of them come from these districts.

    Going solely down a partisan road is just going to lead to corruption from the other side.

    This isn't about party. It's about a system that is fragile and nearly broken.
    What R's were convicted? Dems used a dumb Republican rule against them; it's why Delay left.
    In August 2010, the United States Department of Justice notified DeLay that they were closing the case file against him without bringing an indictment.
    Source... wikipedia
    The point I was making is the Dems claimed to eliminate a culture of corruption and... ROTFLOL...

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 08-30-10 at 04:30 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  7. #17
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson violated rules, steered scholarships to relatives

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    What R's were convicted? Dems used a dumb Republican rule against them; it's why Delay left.

    The point I was making is the Dems claimed to eliminate a culture of corruption and... ROTFLOL...

    .
    yeah...and bush said he was a uniter....who gives a ****? they all lie.

  8. #18
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Another day.... Another corrupt democrat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    LOL and the left keeps making **** up.
    What was PeteEU making up?


  9. #19
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson violated rules, steered scholarships to relatives

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    What R's were convicted? Dems used a dumb Republican rule against them; it's why Delay left.

    The point I was making is the Dems claimed to eliminate a culture of corruption and... ROTFLOL...

    .
    Actually, though, isn't the fact that charges are being brought up against Democrats by a Democratically-led ethics commission proof that they are at least attempting to clean up corruption?

    But I'm not really trying to defend Democrats. What I'm saying is that it is the SYSTEM that is corrupt and that corrupts those in power.

    And Delay is still up for state charges. Don't forget that. And Jack Abramoff, regardless of whether Delay was involved to a criminal degree, was still a major player in Republican circles.

    This doesn't justify Democratic corruption. It just points to a broken system, moreso than a broken party.

  10. #20
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,385
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson violated rules, steered scholarships to relatives

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    yeah...and bush said he was a uniter....who gives a ****? they all lie.
    He had a record of one before he went to DC. He worked with Ted Kennedy... but when Dems send troops to war and then turn their backs on them... stabbing them in the back when they needed their support most, you really don't have an honorable or trustworthy opponent to work with.

    I prefer he didn't say it, frankly I wish he said he was going to repeal your sides damage.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •