Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 307

Thread: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

  1. #71
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    I have a question. What would have happened if all the oilmen just refused to obey the moratorium?
    It really did feel like it was unconstitutional to shut down ones that had nothing to do with BP. It also didn't seem right that BP paid wages for guys Obama put out of work.
    I've said all along that they should just go ahead and drill as a means of civil disobedience. There would be serious blowback from the government, but in the long run, I think that blowback would end up making the government look like assholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #72
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    1) The Declaration of Independence is not the law of the land.

    2) It does not say you have a basic right to the job of your choice.
    In my pursuit of happiness, I have the right to work where ever I please. The government can't tell me where I have to work, or what trade I have to work in. If it the government has that authority, I would love to see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #73
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,298
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    In my pursuit of happiness, I have the right to work where ever I please. The government can't tell me where I have to work, or what trade I have to work in. If it the government has that authority, I would love to see it.
    The government is not trying to tell you where you have to work, or what trade you have to work in. You do not have a right to work where ever you please. If I want to work in my apartment, the government does not have to make a job for me there.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #74
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    In my pursuit of happiness, I have the right to work where ever I please. The government can't tell me where I have to work, or what trade I have to work in. If it the government has that authority, I would love to see it.
    So you can be a drug dealer?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  5. #75
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The government is not trying to tell you where you have to work, or what trade you have to work in. You do not have a right to work where ever you please. If I want to work in my apartment, the government does not have to make a job for me there.
    I never said anything about making jobs. I'm saying that the government doesn't have the authority to kill jobs; certainly not for political reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #76
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    So you can be a drug dealer?
    Drugs are illegal. Have been for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #77
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,298
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I never said anything about making jobs. I'm saying that the government doesn't have the authority to kill jobs; certainly not for political reasons.
    The do have a right to regulate commerce, which can effect jobs. Sorry, you are wrong in this.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #78
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,298
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Drugs are illegal. Have been for a long time.
    I think you missed her point...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #79
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I never said anything about making jobs. I'm saying that the government doesn't have the authority to kill jobs; certainly not for political reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Drugs are illegal. Have been for a long time.
    Look, in 2 consecutive post, you contradict yourself.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  10. #80
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,102

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No, it's what I say to rhetoric. Got some specifics, we can talk, Repeat a standard talking point, why bother.
    you realize that when many people say something, sometimes it's because it's true? even if you don't like it?

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •