Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 307

Thread: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

  1. #61
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,322
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    well as far as our most basic of rights, not really any yet; though you could make an argument for the health insurance mandate and repeated efforts to sidle in 'fair' speach measures (though they have thankfully thus far failed).
    So basically, our basic rights have not been taken away.

    as for our founding values that we have left behind, the list is long; starting with Federalism and moving into the assumptions (limited government, individual responsibility, etc) that it includes. we have given up personal, local, and state autonomy in return for suckling at the teat of the federal government. we hate that congress overspends, but gosh we love the pork project our congresscritter brings home. that's dishonorable.
    This is one huge talking point with zero actual content. Strong on rhetoric, short on content or originality.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #62
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,113

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    .... so no basic rights have been taken away from you because most people in this country are supportive of attempts to qwell free speech in the same numbers that supporters of segregation exist. No good sir. You're simply filling the room with hyperbole.
    um. what part of "well as far as our most basic of rights, not really any" did you have reading comprehension issues with?
    Last edited by cpwill; 08-29-10 at 04:01 PM.

  3. #63
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,113

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So basically, our basic rights have not been taken away.
    by this administration greater than others? no, as far as our basic rights are concerned not really; though in the case of property rights they are certainly being constrained.

    This is one huge talking point with zero actual content. Strong on rhetoric, short on content or originality.
    ah. is that what you say when you have no response?

  4. #64
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,113

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Please show me where that right is written down.
    i thought we were ruled by a living constitution where we were discovering new rights all the time? didn't some judge just find a new right to homosexual marriage?

    or are we only literalist in cases where it matches our preferences?

  5. #65
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Show me where the Constitution gives the government the authority to kill jobs.
    I have a question. What would have happened if all the oilmen just refused to obey the moratorium?
    It really did feel like it was unconstitutional to shut down ones that had nothing to do with BP. It also didn't seem right that BP paid wages for guys Obama put out of work.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  6. #66
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,457

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Please show me where that right is written down.
    Right here, in the Declaration of Independence:

    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government.
    Is this not the document that layed out our most basic values?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #67
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,322
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    by this administration greater than others? no, as far as our basic rights are concerned not really; though in the case of property rights they are certainly being constrained.



    ah. is that what you say when you have no response?
    No, it's what I say to rhetoric. Got some specifics, we can talk, Repeat a standard talking point, why bother.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So you have a basic right to have the job of your choice? This is what you are saying?
    You prefer a government to tell you what job you will do?
    Maybe a government that pays for your college but you must take the courses they say? Then you work for them?
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  9. #69
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,322
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    i thought we were ruled by a living constitution where we were discovering new rights all the time? didn't some judge just find a new right to homosexual marriage?

    or are we only literalist in cases where it matches our preferences?
    No, a judge found that banning gay marriage violated the constitution. That is a large difference.

    All case law involving the constitution is based on the constitution. You are right, the interpretation does change over time, but the words don't. He should be able to point where it says in the constitution something that can be at least somewhat interpreted as giving him that right. He should be able to, if not expressly given by the constitution, point to case law saying that it is implied by the constitution. That is "written down".
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #70
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,322
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Right here, in the Declaration of Independence:



    Is this not the document that layed out our most basic values?
    1) The Declaration of Independence is not the law of the land.

    2) It does not say you have a basic right to the job of your choice.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •