Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 307

Thread: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

  1. #111
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Republicans then, are not republicans now. Straw man.

    Parties change.
    Yes, I also forgot to mention this in my post. Thank you.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #112
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Republicans then, are not republicans now. Straw man.

    Parties change.
    Rrrrrrrrrrrrrright... we are now racist, bigot, homophobes...
    It's not R's calling for Obama's nuts to be cut out because he spoke the truth once.

    No straw man. History is history and facts are facts. You dismiss them because they blow a howitzer sized hole in the Dem Fairy Tale.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 08-29-10 at 06:32 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Republicans then, are not republicans now. Straw man.

    Parties change.
    That can certainly be true but there seems to be no clear evidence that the Democrats have more respect for minorities than do Republicans, though historically the Republicans have done more for the Black people.

    In fact it seems clear that Democrats only use Blacks as an electoral base and if one of gets out of the Democratic line they are often called an ""Uncle Tom". SCJ Thomas went through this in a big way, and many other Blacks have suffered from Democrat harsh and uncivil resentments.
    Last edited by Grant; 08-29-10 at 06:43 PM. Reason: spell check

  4. #114
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Rrrrrrrrrrrrrright... we are now racist, bigot, homophobes...
    It's not R's calling for Obama's nuts to be cut out because he spoke the truth once.

    No straw man. History is history and facts are facts. You dismiss them because they blow a howitzer sized hole in the Dem Fairy Tale.

    .
    Did he say that?
    Parties change, as the culture changes. If you really want to try to paint the parties as being the same as they were 50 years ago, then you really don't understand how to analyze history.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  5. #115
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Republicans then, are not republicans now. Straw man.

    Parties change.
    The parties changed after the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was sighed by LBJ. You bet they did.


  6. #116
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Rrrrrrrrrrrrrright... we are now racist, bigot, homophobes...
    It's not R's calling for Obama's nuts to be cut out because he spoke the truth once.

    No straw man. History is history and facts are facts. You dismiss them because they blow a howitzer sized hole in the Dem Fairy Tale.

    .
    Did you vote in this poll?


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...ights-act.html


  7. #117
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Did he say that?
    Parties change, as the culture changes. If you really want to try to paint the parties as being the same as they were 50 years ago, then you really don't understand how to analyze history.
    He didn't, but let's not be coy. Dems try to paint Republicans as racists.
    The race cardization has escalated since Obi has been in office, with his AG calling us "cowards".
    In fact a few Libs here have tried to paint me as one and even tried more devious assaults.

    I would love to hear a definition of what Jet means. Really. Have at it, I'm all eyes.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 08-29-10 at 06:57 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  8. #118
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    The parties changed after the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was sighed by LBJ. You bet they did.
    Yeah, the Dems changed and got us involved in Vietnam and tried to spread American influence through the military They also increased the budget deficit by spending a lot of money on the war. Ironic isn't it?
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    The parties changed after the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was sighed by LBJ. You bet they did.
    How so, Pbrauer?

    It was the Republicans who were iin the majority in voting for this bill and was opposed by moreso by the Democrats.

    The original House version:[10]

    * Democratic Party: 152-96 (61%–39%)
    * Republican Party: 138-34 (80%–20%)

    Cloture in the Senate:[11]

    * Democratic Party: 44-23 (66%–34%)
    * Republican Party: 27-6 (82%–18%)

    The Senate version:[10]

    * Democratic Party: 46-21 (69%–31%)
    * Republican Party: 27-6 (82%–18%)

    The Senate version, voted on by the House:[10]

    * Democratic Party: 153-91 (63%–37%)
    * Republican Party: 136-35 (80%–20%)

    Democrats such as George Wallace and Orville Faubus, and of course the late Robert Byrd, should be remembered for their Democratic party membership as well as their very public racism. Since then I've seen no evidence that the Democrats have changed all that much, except in their rhetoric and opportunistic propaganda.

  10. #120
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Beck, Palin Stress 'Honor' at Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    He didn't, but let's not be coy. Dems try to paint Republicans as racists.
    The race cardization has escalated since Obi has been in office, with his AG calling us "cowards".

    I would love to hear a definition of what Jet means. Really. Have at it, I'm all eyes.

    .
    He said parties change, not that parties switch around the same views over, and over again. And I don't try to paint republicans as racist, most of my family is republican, why I would I try to paint them as racist?

    And for heavens sake Obi Wan Kenobi isn't president. Stop taking acid.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •