Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 75

Thread: Want to be class president? Not if you're black, in one Miss. school

  1. #1
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Want to be class president? Not if you're black, in one Miss. school


  2. #2
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,156

    Re: Want to be class president? Not if you're black, in one Miss. school

    stunningly backwards
    appears the schools system needs a new superintendent ... who doesn't have to be black, but one who will not tolerate this jim crow crap
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #3
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,605

    Re: Want to be class president? Not if you're black, in one Miss. school

    If you actually read the article, it's a bit more complicated than the "Jim Crow" spin to this. You could just as easily make an argument that it's about racial quotas.

    Either way it's bad, stupid, and needs an end put to it, but it's absolutely not what you're trying to portray it as -- something against blacks and only blacks.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #4
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,156

    Re: Want to be class president? Not if you're black, in one Miss. school

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    If you actually read the article, it's a bit more complicated than the "Jim Crow" spin to this. You could just as easily make an argument that it's about racial quotas.

    Either way it's bad, stupid, and needs an end put to it, but it's absolutely not what you're trying to portray it as -- something against blacks and only blacks.
    ah ... so now 'racial quotas' are a good thing
    remember that in future threads
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  5. #5
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Want to be class president? Not if you're black, in one Miss. school

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    I don't think anybody claimed it was?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #6
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,605

    Re: Want to be class president? Not if you're black, in one Miss. school

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    ah ... so now 'racial quotas' are a good thing
    remember that in future threads
    You can "remember" it, but if you claim I said it, then you would simply be lying. Blatantly so.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #7
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Want to be class president? Not if you're black, in one Miss. school

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    This is wrong.
    However the headline could just as easily been

    Want to be a School Reporter? Not if you're White in this School.

    I wonder why they decided to go in the direction they did.? hmmmm...
    Could it be that the media is constantly trying to paint whites as racist?

    This should be in Media Bias
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  8. #8
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,156

    Re: Want to be class president? Not if you're black, in one Miss. school

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    You can "remember" it, but if you claim I said it, then you would simply be lying. Blatantly so.
    let's examine YOUR words:
    If you actually read the article, it's a bit more complicated than the "Jim Crow" spin to this. You could just as easily make an argument that it's about racial quotas.
    jim crow - that would be bad
    instead, it could be quotas - which would not be bad

    nope. you said it, you own it
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  9. #9
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Want to be class president? Not if you're black, in one Miss. school

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    Individual racism will always exist. But the mere fact that the school is reviewing it's policies and that this is deemed unacceptable by the populace is glaring evidence of accepted institutionalized discrimination being a thing of the past.

    Not sure what it's reasons are for only allowing blacks to be reporters, or whites to be president, and all of the other strange combinations they have per grade. But it seems the discrimination was going multiple ways.

  10. #10
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,605

    Re: Want to be class president? Not if you're black, in one Miss. school

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    let's examine YOUR words:
    jim crow - that would be bad
    instead, it could be quotas - which would not be bad

    nope. you said it, you own it
    Gosh, let's look at the very next line, which you conveniently and dishonestly left out:

    Either way it's bad, stupid, and needs an end put to it, but it's absolutely not what you're trying to portray it as -- something against blacks and only blacks.
    You "own" your dishonesty, even if you won't own UP to it.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •