Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 74

Thread: Administration halts prosecution of alleged USS Cole bomber

  1. #61
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,431
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Administration halts prosecution of alleged USS Cole bomber

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    So you're not concerned AT ALL that some of them may be innocent?

    Some have already been released innocent that were detained there FOR YEARS and that doesn't bother you in the slightest?
    We are at war, are a merciful and benevolent country. War has fog, and picking up enemy combatants isn't perfect. I'll trust the judgment of our military and intel thanks. They've erred on the side of the terrorista's many times.

    If it takes a while, well it's just too bad. It's what happens when your enemy doesn't wear uniforms and doesn't fight for a country. **** happens... Blame the terrorists, not the US.

    Until these matters are clarified, the inmates can enjoy their tropical island and all the comforts provided by the US tax payer.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Administration halts prosecution of alleged USS Cole bomber

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    We are at war, are a merciful and benevolent country. War has fog, and picking up enemy combatants isn't perfect. I'll trust the judgment of our military and intel thanks. They've erred on the side of the terrorista's many times.

    If it takes a while, well it's just too bad. It's what happens when your enemy doesn't wear uniforms and doesn't fight for a country. **** happens... Blame the terrorists, not the US.

    Until these matters are clarified, the inmates can enjoy their tropical island and all the comforts provided by the US tax payer.

    .
    He's right in many ways. The ambiguity of who is and who is not an enemy combatant is as thick as mud. And SOMEONE will get caught up in the mess who is innocent of everything, war has always had those casualties either killed on the battlefield or placed in a POW camp. And on top of that mistakes will happen, we have released individuals we believed to be innocent or which we believed not to be innocent but couldn't prove anything either for lack of evidence, lack of admissible evidence, or secret evidence. But at the same time we can't just lock them up for the rest of their lives either. A method has to be found to deal with this people and since its obvious there is no perfect solution or universally acceptable solution, Obama and Congress should stop beating around the bush like Bush did for 7 years and pick a method and use it.

  3. #63
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Administration halts prosecution of alleged USS Cole bomber

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    See thats the problem, we all know he's the guy who did it. There is enough open source intelligence and evidence that any court of law would find him guilty, that should be used to the fullest. The problem comes from the evidence gathered while he was tortured and from evidence gathered by secret sources and methods. Traditionally for evidence to be considered it has to have a long history behind it, police officers have to take logs of exactly where and when it was found, and every single person who handled it, and where it was every moment of every day until its brought to trial. The problem with evidence gathered with secret methods, the sources and methods cannot be revealed for national security reasons, which I understand. But basically because the other members of the court are not capable of seeing how this evidence was gathered they have to trust information from a single source which they cannot verify.

    The real question is how much do we want to reveal, or do we want to reveal anything at all, during a trail and how will these trails, with secret evidence, be different than others?

    Torture isn't needed anywhere in here.

    That is a smoke screen. You even said yourself

    There is enough open source intelligence and evidence that any court of law would find him guilty
    So what's the problem again?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #64
    User Cyborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    10-14-12 @ 02:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    18

    Re: Administration halts prosecution of alleged USS Cole bomber

    Doesn't any body think that other facts have a bearing on this decision by Obama's DOJ
    1. Holder before becoming DOJ AG participated in defending 25 of the Guantanamo Terrorists.
    2. The Head in the Sand regard Major Hassan in calling his massacre a non terrorist event.
    3. The WH bannig the use of the word terrorist.
    4. The DOJ awarding Miranda Rights to all Non Combatants - which on its surface my eliminate much evidence of culpability.
    5. The decision to try Guantanamo residents in the US under US Judicial rules.
    6. The what should be apparent Obama administration doing all that is legally possible to stall or white wash the terrorist acts.
    5. There are so many anti-US pro Marxist aides in the Obama administration who naively or stupidly believe that the US is the creator of Terrorist.
    6. It seems that Obama has either kissed or bowed to every major anti-US entity. - What's next - bowing on bended knee?
    7. Obama has allowed Iran to acquire a Nuclear Reactor - whose absolute certain use and intent will be to build Nuclear Bombs to arm his newly acquired Chinese long range Missiles and threaten the world and any chance at peace. What will the world do as a reaction if they wiped Israel off the Map? Start a Nuclear War or sputter, mutter and go back and sit in the corner?

  5. #65
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Administration halts prosecution of alleged USS Cole bomber

    Fantastic post Cyborg, and welcome.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #66
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    140

    Re: Administration halts prosecution of alleged USS Cole bomber

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I'm secretly an Islamic Bigot who believe Obama has turned the WH into a Mosque and is out to institute Sharia Law on America.



    ANYHOOTS...

    This is really piss poor timing on the WH's part, do they WANT the dems to get wasted in the election?
    One can only hope.

  7. #67
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,431
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Administration halts prosecution of alleged USS Cole bomber

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    He's right in many ways. The ambiguity of who is and who is not an enemy combatant is as thick as mud. And SOMEONE will get caught up in the mess who is innocent of everything, war has always had those casualties either killed on the battlefield or placed in a POW camp. And on top of that mistakes will happen, we have released individuals we believed to be innocent or which we believed not to be innocent but couldn't prove anything either for lack of evidence, lack of admissible evidence, or secret evidence. But at the same time we can't just lock them up for the rest of their lives either. A method has to be found to deal with this people and since its obvious there is no perfect solution or universally acceptable solution, Obama and Congress should stop beating around the bush like Bush did for 7 years and pick a method and use it.
    Let me pick up the last point, seeing as we seem to agree on everything else.

    The method is to wait until the war on terror is over.
    We do not try enemy combatants until the war is over.
    They are prisoners... Eternal prisoners.

    That's the beauty of it. It's poetic... beautiful music... almost makes me want to get up and dance.

    These MF's should know they will be on permanent holiday, funded by the US Taxpayer... until their last breath, or until we defeat the terrorists. That way they may off themselves before we get the chance to put hoods over their scruffy little necks.

    And when they die, we will dump them in the ocean, head first towards Mecca.
    Fish food.
    End of story.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 09-01-10 at 03:29 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  8. #68
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,663

    Re: Administration halts prosecution of alleged USS Cole bomber

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Yeah **** eh.

    Wouldn't want anyone to have an actual trial. That's un-amer... oh wait ****!
    I think thats the point...they WANT to have him in a regular trial. it doesnt WORK that way. in a regular trial there are certain procedures that have to be followed, evidence chains, criminal rights, etc. In the war on terror these people are captured often on the field of battle, not by trained officers but by military members. They dont file for warrants...they collect data and go after them. They dont issue miranda rights. The individuals are not US citizens covered under the constitution. Square pegs, round holes...they just dont fit. Which is precisely why this should go forward in a military tribunal and not an actual court trial.

  9. #69
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,663

    Re: Administration halts prosecution of alleged USS Cole bomber

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    Doesn't any body think that other facts have a bearing on this decision by Obama's DOJ
    1. Holder before becoming DOJ AG participated in defending 25 of the Guantanamo Terrorists.
    2. The Head in the Sand regard Major Hassan in calling his massacre a non terrorist event.
    3. The WH bannig the use of the word terrorist.
    4. The DOJ awarding Miranda Rights to all Non Combatants - which on its surface my eliminate much evidence of culpability.
    5. The decision to try Guantanamo residents in the US under US Judicial rules.
    6. The what should be apparent Obama administration doing all that is legally possible to stall or white wash the terrorist acts.
    5. There are so many anti-US pro Marxist aides in the Obama administration who naively or stupidly believe that the US is the creator of Terrorist.
    6. It seems that Obama has either kissed or bowed to every major anti-US entity. - What's next - bowing on bended knee?
    7. Obama has allowed Iran to acquire a Nuclear Reactor - whose absolute certain use and intent will be to build Nuclear Bombs to arm his newly acquired Chinese long range Missiles and threaten the world and any chance at peace. What will the world do as a reaction if they wiped Israel off the Map? Start a Nuclear War or sputter, mutter and go back and sit in the corner?
    Quite frankly, considering Holders ignorance on the Arizona situation and the number of idiotic things he said about the Arizona immigration law, I wouldnt be even a little bit surprised if Holder hasnt read any of the actual case material on this guy either. Seems to be his track record.

  10. #70
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,431
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Administration halts prosecution of alleged USS Cole bomber

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I think thats the point...they WANT to have him in a regular trial. it doesnt WORK that way. in a regular trial there are certain procedures that have to be followed, evidence chains, criminal rights, etc. In the war on terror these people are captured often on the field of battle, not by trained officers but by military members. They dont file for warrants...they collect data and go after them. They dont issue miranda rights. The individuals are not US citizens covered under the constitution. Square pegs, round holes...they just dont fit. Which is precisely why this should go forward in a military tribunal and not an actual court trial.
    They should prepare for a military tribunal, but not execute one until the war is over.
    Those things happen after victory is declared.
    That these pricks choose to fight from schools, hospitals, Mosques, use human shields like an Amsterdam hooker uses condems, and don't wear uniforms or fight for a country... that is the game they chose to play... for that we have an answer.

    We wait until we can declare victory.
    Then tribunals, but not a second before.

    For those caught in the fog of war... sorry... just be happy it was Americans that you're dealing with.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •