Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 104

Thread: Court allows agents to secretly put GPS trackers on cars

  1. #81
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: The Government Can Use GPS to Track Your Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by Travelsonic View Post
    Dismissive much?



    Irrelevant, privacy and rights extends to everybody, criminals and law abiding alike.





    Because there are laws that protect privacy, that's why.



    How would WE know the exact WHY? They are doing it quite often, better ask THEM why they want to support snooping on the law abiding without cause.
    What are you losing exactly?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #82
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: The Government Can Use GPS to Track Your Moves

    Who says you are being monitored? Why are you making this about you?
    Which police department asked for the power to monitor you?
    If this makes it the supreme court, it will be about me as well as every other American citizen. Without legal protections, there is nothing stopping the police from monitoring me. Also, you didn't answer my question. Why should anyone but dirty cops fear getting a warrant? They shouldn't be worried unless they have something to hide, right?

  3. #83
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: The Government Can Use GPS to Track Your Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    If this makes it the supreme court, it will be about me as well as every other American citizen. Without legal protections, there is nothing stopping the police from monitoring me. Also, you didn't answer my question. Why should anyone but dirty cops fear getting a warrant? They shouldn't be worried unless they have something to hide, right?
    Its the 9th Circus. Its gonna make it to the surpreme court and its going to get overturned.

    I would believe one would be required to get a warrant, in fact we already do that here (yes we've used GPS tracking on specific suspects). We also get warrants for it.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #84
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,972

    Re: The Government Can Use GPS to Track Your Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Is it crime???

    That is all I need to know.
    That's why you do what you do. Not trying to be snarky but, there it is. If you exercised too much leeway you wouldn't be relied upon to carry out your duties. But the other side of the equation is that many people feel there are crimes that it's a little rediculous to persue with equal vigor, and that the ability to crack down on all levels of crime equally and effectively represents a frightening level of power on the government's part.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: The Government Can Use GPS to Track Your Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    That's why you do what you do. Not trying to be snarky but, there it is. If you exercised too much leeway you wouldn't be relied upon to carry out your duties. But the other side of the equation is that many people feel there are crimes that it's a little rediculous to persue with equal vigor, and that the ability to crack down on all levels of crime equally and effectively represents a frightening level of power on the government's part.
    Don't get me wrong... Im not a prohibitionist when it comes to drug laws..... with that said...... Saying "Well, its okay to do it for THIS but not for THIS" doesn't constitute something as a RIGHT.
    A RIGHT should be universal..... thus if its okay for government to do "THIS" to help investigate "THIS" then it should be okay for government to do "THIS" to ALSO investigate "THAT"...

    Im sorry if you got confused....
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #86
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: The Government Can Use GPS to Track Your Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Its the 9th Circus. Its gonna make it to the surpreme court and its going to get overturned.

    I would believe one would be required to get a warrant, in fact we already do that here (yes we've used GPS tracking on specific suspects). We also get warrants for it.
    So you disagree with the judges ruling? Then why the "if you have nothing to hide" speech?

  7. #87
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: The Government Can Use GPS to Track Your Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    So you disagree with the judges ruling? Then why the "if you have nothing to hide" speech?
    I disagree with the judges ruling..

    I also disagree with the paranoid outrage over the judges ruling.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #88
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: The Government Can Use GPS to Track Your Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    I believe you could actually be charged with speeding on a bicycle ( you wont get points on your license though
    Have you ever seen a bicycle charged with speeding? I haven't...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  9. #89
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: The Government Can Use GPS to Track Your Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Have you ever seen a bicycle charged with speeding? I haven't...
    I've clocked a group of bicyclists traveling down the road at 20mph on radar....

    .... in a 45mph zone..
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #90
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: The Government Can Use GPS to Track Your Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I've clocked a group of bicyclists traveling down the road at 20mph on radar....

    .... in a 45mph zone..
    Are you saying they were going 20 in a 45 or that they were going 20 over in a 45 i.e. 65 mph? That would be horrifically fast.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •