Page 61 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 706

Thread: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

  1. #601
    User justonemorevoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    01-11-11 @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    115

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, I did, thanks.

    It seems many of the quotes are relating more to the corruption of Christianity rather than Christianity itself. And of course, context is everything, and questioning God's existence is nothing new. Many have their doubts.
    well, that was kinda my whole point to begin with. :P

  2. #602
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    When you say progressives are all communists, fascists, or socialists you are lying or you are ill-informed. So, you're saying that Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, Sergey Brin, and Oprah Winfrey (all known to varying degrees as progressive) aren't all also capitalists? Again, either you are ill-informed, or you're lying. So, please explain how it's not possible for most progessive Americans to also be capitalists?

    And Sanger did some great things for women, but - like many of our American ancestors - held views that we now consider archaic. Let's also recall that a lot of American heroes have significant flaws when it comes to views of things like race, the mentally ill, sex. I mean, our Founding Fathers were largely slave-owners. We can acknowledge the great things they did, but still be against slavery, can't we? Or should we condemn them for their racial views and reject everything positive they did?
    FilmFestGuy, did Warren Buffet, Bill Gates and Oprah Winfrey call themselves "Progressive" or is it your opinion that they are?

    I doubt, if asked, that any of them would want that appellation.

  3. #603
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    I'm for public assistance programs and a nationalized health plan. I have a gun and kill things with it. I'd put violent criminals in 24-hour lockdown and feed them bread and water, and I don't think we use the death penalty often enough.

    What lame broad brush title are you going to attempt to use on me?




    Hunh. Didn't you just call your fellow Americans (that happen to be Progressives), "Communists?"




    Oh please. Go ahead and search my posting history. You'll not find me using terms like "chimp" when referring to Bush (although his intelligence/wisdom is certainly debatable), or insisting that all conservatives are hard-right, neocon assholes (even though it often seems that way).

    You're just butt-hurt because I think Glenn Beck and those who listen to/believe his self-promotional drivel are idiots, and because I condemn holding a Glenn Beck fan club rally on the anniversary of MLK's most memorable and important speech in order to jerk each other off in public, while insisting that doing so is somehow "patriotic" and "honorable."

    WAaaahaaaa!!!!
    What I see from you are a lot of personal opinions that I believe are based upon ignorance. Cite specifics of the self promotional drivel and why you believe people that watch or listen to him are idiots. I have said the same thing about liberals and backed my rhetoric up with actual verifiable facts. You have no credibility unless you can do the same thing.

    Your support for taxpayer funding of personal choice issues says a lot about you and your failure to understand personal responsibility. It is all feel good rhetoric when you believe a bureaucrat in D.C. can administer personal responsibility issues from a desk in D.C. Liberal social engineering starting with the Great Society have created most of the debt we have today as evidenced by the actual budget of the United States. Doubt you have ever read that budget. So when Glenn Beck takes on the Republicans you are silent but when he attacks the left he is demonized.

    Beck's rally today brought hundreds of thousands of people to D.C. or to cites that actually broadcast the rally today and that just irritates people like you. That simply is liberal arrogance that cannot understand human behavior and people who truly love this country and the foundation upon which it was built. Anyone that gets in the way of the liberal ideology of bigger govt, involvement in personal responsibility issues, and devisive govt. has to be destroyed and that in a nutshell defines liberals and what is wrong with this country today.

  4. #604
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Fine. Don’t call people commies or fascist just because you disagree with them politically.
    Nice comparison between calling Progressives Communists--when they are--and calling another poster a "faggot".

    Look, you got thanked and they don't even know that you just called me a, "faggot". Not, "gay", not, "alternate lifestyle", not, "homosexual", but, "faggot". Good job, driver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #605
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Exactly. Calling those to their left (no matter how slightly) communists is how the Beckies restore honor to America.
    Glinda, many Communists and Socialists have called themselves "Progressives". It's a well established fact.

    If people don't want to be associated with Communists or Socialists than they should find something else to call themselves.

    "Progressives" is such a silly and misleading term anyway. Communists, and Socialists, have never been "Progressive" in the original sense of the word.

  6. #606
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It's already an Us versus Them mentality, FilmFestGuy, because 90% of Black people supported BHO and the Democratic Party. Focusing on one America for all, and fiscal responsibility of course, is something every person can relate to, once the rhetoric subsides.
    What is quite telling as well is that 47% of the workers in this country pay no Federal income taxes thus don't seem to have a problem creating greater penalties to those that do. The facts seem to support your comments regarding support for Obama from the black community most of whom continue to buy the rhetoric and ignore the substance. Beck points that out and that drives liberals crazy.

  7. #607
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I am not the one having trouble with the facts, the Anchorage Paper has a good article on those so called facts. Further it is all old news that means nothing today. Your hatred for Palin is your right, but it is mine to point out that hatred and its irrelevance today.
    Yes you are. You claim the Anchorage paper vindicates Palin, then when I post an article by the Anchorage paper that exposes her lies, you claim that it is old news and doesn't mean anything. The same usual twisting of facts or discounting facts most of the conservatives do on a regular basis.

    And I don't hate Palin - that is what most cons keep claiming because they don't want to face the fact that she is a fake, more interested in money and fooling people into thinking she cares about their ideals for the country, so accusing those who oppose her of hate is a way to escape reality.

    If she runs for office then she will have to answer for those "allegations" most of which have been dismissed. I tend to let facts actual rule my beliefs not allegations. Wasn't it liberals who said, we need to wait for all the evidence to be aired before making judgment? Does that only apply to liberal causes or people that liberals support?
    What about the ones where she has been found guilty? You seem to want to sweep those under the rug along with those that were dismissed. And you can't handle the facts. Your way of responding to facts is to say they are lies.

    You sure are spending a lot of time on issues that surfaced back in 2008. Your so called facts amount to allegations which have been dismissed. Not sure what the issue is here other than diversion from what is going on right now? Whether or not Palin loves money is irrelevant as she lives in the U.S. and thus is able to make as much money as she is capable of making. Sounds to me like a little class envy here.
    Considering you know nothing about me, I will just have to chuckle at your assumptions. You are spending a lot of time defending those same issues you claim surfaced back in 2008 - so, if you don't want to discuss Palin, why did you bring her up in the first place?
    I have no problem blaming Bush but do so with actual facts, not opinions like you are doing. There is much I didn't like about Bush but he had a lot of help from Congress in creating the mess we have today including Obama in that Congress.
    That is so lame. Bush and Company had 6 years of total control (2001 - 2006). They did nothing in regards to health care, immigration reform, finance reform, etc. For you to blame Obama, who only came to the Senate in 2005, is so typical of conservatives who don't want to accept responsibility for the mess they put the country in.
    There is absolutely nothing that Obama has done that I support and results show that I was accurate in not supporting his agenda.
    What a surprise, coming from a member of the party of "no".

    Obama has a total Democrat Congress that is implementing his agenda. To say the mess we have today has nothing to do with that agenda is typical liberal spin and a downright lie.
    To ignore what led to the big mess and try to heap 8 years of Bush's ineptness on Obama is a typical right-wing spin and downright lie.

    Republicans and Conservatives don't have to scamper around to "try" and put the blame on Obama, the results do that work for them. Obama policies have indeed flopped so all you can do is blame Bush.
    That's only according to the spin-meister machine, however, we are still in recovery mode from the 8 years of totally failed policies. So much for you relying on facts.

    Maybe you can tell me how someone so stupid and dumb(Bush) was able to fool so many "intelligent"(Democrats) into passing the Iraq Resolution in a Democrat Controlled Senate?
    Maybe you can tell me why a dishonest Bush, didn't share with Congress information that he received that might suggest there were no WMD's. Are these Democrats supposed to be mind readers?
    Then tell me why that intellectually superior Democrat Party that controlled the Congress in 2007 on didn't do something to stop Bush from destroying the economy all buy himself?
    Ever hear of the "filibuster"?

    In the 1960s, she finds, “extended-debate-related problems” — threatened or actual filibusters — affected only 8 percent of major legislation. By the 1980s, that had risen to 27 percent. But after Democrats retook control of Congress in 2006 and Republicans found themselves in the minority, it soared to 70 percent.
    PostPartisan - Not your father's filibuster (or your mother's)

    Then tell me what Bush did to cause unemployment to rise every month of 2010 and to add 1.4 trillion more to the debt?
    Ever heard of the rippling effect. Surely you didn't expect everything to happen all at once, unless you are very naive.

    By the way this is the Glenn Beck thread and really has nothing to do with Bush, Palin or anyone of the masses attending that rally in D.C. Nice diversion though and thanks for allowing me the opportunity to prove your points wrong.
    Yeah, I noticed you said that after you posted all that crap in defense of them. And your delusional assumption that you proved anyone wrong is so typical of conservative's fantasies.



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  8. #608
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What I see from you are a lot of personal opinions that I believe are based upon ignorance. Cite specifics of the self promotional drivel and why you believe people that watch or listen to him are idiots. I have said the same thing about liberals and backed my rhetoric up with actual verifiable facts. You have no credibility unless you can do the same thing.

    Your support for taxpayer funding of personal choice issues says a lot about you and your failure to understand personal responsibility. It is all feel good rhetoric when you believe a bureaucrat in D.C. can administer personal responsibility issues from a desk in D.C. Liberal social engineering starting with the Great Society have created most of the debt we have today as evidenced by the actual budget of the United States. Doubt you have ever read that budget. So when Glenn Beck takes on the Republicans you are silent but when he attacks the left he is demonized.

    Beck's rally today brought hundreds of thousands of people to D.C. or to cites that actually broadcast the rally today and that just irritates people like you. That simply is liberal arrogance that cannot understand human behavior and people who truly love this country and the foundation upon which it was built. Anyone that gets in the way of the liberal ideology of bigger govt, involvement in personal responsibility issues, and devisive govt. has to be destroyed and that in a nutshell defines liberals and what is wrong with this country today.

    This is rich conservative, first you say to Glenda
    “What I see from you are a lot of personal opinions that I believe are based upon ignorance “
    then in the second paragraph you give your. OPINION.

    ” Your support for taxpayer funding of personal choice issues says a lot about you and your failure to understand personal responsibility. “
    Last edited by Donc; 08-28-10 at 05:30 PM.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  9. #609
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    When you say progressives are all communists, fascists, or socialists you are lying or you are ill-informed. So, you're saying that Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, Sergey Brin, and Oprah Winfrey (all known to varying degrees as progressive) aren't all also capitalists? Again, either you are ill-informed, or you're lying. So, please explain how it's not possible for most progessive Americans to also be capitalists?
    Progressives are Communists/Socialists. It's an historical fact.

    And Sanger did some great things for women, but - like many of our American ancestors - held views that we now consider archaic. Let's also recall that a lot of American heroes have significant flaws when it comes to views of things like race, the mentally ill, sex. I mean, our Founding Fathers were largely slave-owners. We can acknowledge the great things they did, but still be against slavery, can't we? Or should we condemn them for their racial views and reject everything positive they did?
    Margaret Sanger gave us The Negro Project which was designed to keep blacks from breeding, because they're an inferior people. And all you can say about that is her views are, "archaic"? I guess Hitler was just, "archaic".
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #610
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Glinda, many Communists and Socialists have called themselves "Progressives". It's a well established fact.

    If people don't want to be associated with Communists or Socialists than they should find something else to call themselves.

    "Progressives" is such a silly and misleading term anyway. Communists, and Socialists, have never been "Progressive" in the original sense of the word.
    That's why Progressives started calling themselves, "Liberals". However, in recent years I've noticed that--out of historical ignorance--some Liberals are reverting back to, "Progressive".
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 61 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •