Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 706

Thread: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

  1. #581
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    I thought you read it and knew what was in it?


    Do all conservatives play that game? When confronted with facts, accuse the other of not knowing the facts? Are you insinuating that the link I gave you is not true?

    I guess if it doesn't come from Faux News, it isn't true in your world?



    It matters when right-wingers are claiming that it is not discriminatory - it matters if you are Hispanic and live in Az, unless of course you don't care, which it appears most cons don't unless it is about them.


    Yes, but it has taken a slew of lawyers to figure out what parts are subject to misinterpretation, and what parts are clear, so unless you are a lawyer, don't tell me that you read it and are completely positive that it doesn't open up the possibility for abuse, because if you do, you would be going against the suggestions of top notch lawyers, and AZ wouldn't have had to do a dance and change it.

    So it doesn't stand to reason for someone to hold themselves in high esteem and suggest that others are ignorant because they saw things that you didn't, when people that are schooled on the subject of law were in agreement on having seen the same thing.
    Waiting for you to explain why 70% of the people in Arizona are for the law. think that 70% of the people in Arizona are white? Still waiting for you to explain how this relates to the thread topic?

    http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...al_immigration
    Last edited by Conservative; 08-28-10 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Added poll results

  2. #582
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I guess all that love and respect we had, prior to Bush's presidency, is the reason for 9/11, the USS Cole, The First WTC bombing, The embassy bombings, the Khobar Towers bombing, the Lockerbie bombing. 'Cause folks loved us to death, I reckon?

    Do us all a favor and stop trying to blame everything on Bush and puhleese, stop trying to justify terrorist attacks on our people.

    The world might not have liked us, but they certainly respected us. Obama made us look weak to the world.
    Quite right, Apdst. Much of the world still doesn't like your success but now they don't respect or fear you either. You appear weak and vulnerable. It is the worst of all possible situations.

  3. #583
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,595

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Quite right, Apdst. Much of the world still doesn't like your success but now they don't respect or fear you either. You appear weak and vulnerable. It is the worst of all possible situations.
    You're exactly right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #584
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Great picture, the crowds were great and how about recognition of all those "white" patriots including the following:

    Albert Pujols of St. Louis Cardinals honored for charitable work at Washington rally - ESPN

    The absolute silence from the left now is quite telling.
    Fine, they put a Domincan on stage.

    Scanning the pictures of the crowd - the ones you provided - I saw one black woman in all of the pictures.

    It doesn't mean "racism" - it just means that it's a movement that largely attracts whites. Let's be honest here, Glenn Beck doesn't appeal to too many black people.
    glennbeck.com - Quantcast Audience Profile

    The Tea Party (and the Republican Party for that matter) isn't racist - however, rhetorically it's certainly not very appeling to non-Christians, blacks, gays and other minority.

    When Sarah Palin speaks of "real America"; when Tea Partiers talk about "taking our country back" - it really creates an Us vs. Them mentality. The whole movement comes across, to me, as I have to agree with Glenn Beck to be a part of it. I don't agree with about 90% of what the man says. And I disagree 100% with the way he says it.

  5. #585
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Because it is nothing but rhetoric and lies about your fellow Americans.
    Exactly. Calling those to their left (no matter how slightly) communists is how the Beckies restore honor to America.

  6. #586
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,595

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    Fine, they put a Domincan on stage.

    Scanning the pictures of the crowd - the ones you provided - I saw one black woman in all of the pictures.

    It doesn't mean "racism" - it just means that it's a movement that largely attracts whites. Let's be honest here, Glenn Beck doesn't appeal to too many black people.
    glennbeck.com - Quantcast Audience Profile

    The Tea Party (and the Republican Party for that matter) isn't racist - however, rhetorically it's certainly not very appeling to non-Christians, blacks, gays and other minority.

    When Sarah Palin speaks of "real America"; when Tea Partiers talk about "taking our country back" - it really creates an Us vs. Them mentality. The whole movement comes across, to me, as I have to agree with Glenn Beck to be a part of it. I don't agree with about 90% of what the man says. And I disagree 100% with the way he says it.
    No Conservative--black or white--appeals to the Black community. It's because blacks in America have been sold a bad bill of goods by the Leftists for over a hundred years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #587
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,595

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Exactly. Calling those to their left (no matter how slightly) communists is how the Beckies restore honor to America.
    I said Progressives are Communists. Are you a Progressive?

    Is calling the people at this, "circle jerk", a bunch of, "beck-ateers", the way to talk about my fellow Americans?

    Hello Pot. I'm Kettle.
    Last edited by apdst; 08-28-10 at 04:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #588
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    Fine, they put a Domincan on stage.

    Scanning the pictures of the crowd - the ones you provided - I saw one black woman in all of the pictures.

    It doesn't mean "racism" - it just means that it's a movement that largely attracts whites. Let's be honest here, Glenn Beck doesn't appeal to too many black people.
    glennbeck.com - Quantcast Audience Profile

    The Tea Party (and the Republican Party for that matter) isn't racist - however, rhetorically it's certainly not very appeling to non-Christians, blacks, gays and other minority.

    When Sarah Palin speaks of "real America"; when Tea Partiers talk about "taking our country back" - it really creates an Us vs. Them mentality. The whole movement comes across, to me, as I have to agree with Glenn Beck to be a part of it. I don't agree with about 90% of what the man says. And I disagree 100% with the way he says it.
    Well then it's destined to fail, because multiculturalism is increasingly the order of the day, and those who embrace it will ultimately govern our democratic society.

  9. #589
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,427

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You have the option to prove me wrong, unless you just want to spew insults.

    Margaret Sanger was a progressive. I bet she's a real hero of your's.
    Hey good buddy why don,t you keep it on topic?
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  10. #590
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    Fine, they put a Domincan on stage.

    Scanning the pictures of the crowd - the ones you provided - I saw one black woman in all of the pictures.

    It doesn't mean "racism" - it just means that it's a movement that largely attracts whites. Let's be honest here, Glenn Beck doesn't appeal to too many black people.
    glennbeck.com - Quantcast Audience Profile

    The Tea Party (and the Republican Party for that matter) isn't racist - however, rhetorically it's certainly not very appeling to non-Christians, blacks, gays and other minority.

    When Sarah Palin speaks of "real America"; when Tea Partiers talk about "taking our country back" - it really creates an Us vs. Them mentality. The whole movement comes across, to me, as I have to agree with Glenn Beck to be a part of it. I don't agree with about 90% of what the man says. And I disagree 100% with the way he says it.
    Let's get off the racial bs and look at the breakdown of ethnicity in this country. As for the rally, there were African Americans on stage throughout the rally. Did you watch the rally? If not you truly aren't in any position to judge who was there based upon what you saw in the crowds.

Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •