Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 706

Thread: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

  1. #541
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    What was discriminating?

    How about that Hispanics could now be stopped just for being brown, because that is what illegals look like? Why weren't right-wingers able to pick up on the discriminatory nature of this law? Because they weren't the ones that were being singled out?

    If it wasn't discriminating, why did they go and change it?

    When I wrote last on Arizona's new immigration law, critics of the measure were arguing that requiring proof of citizenship based on a policeman’s “reasonable suspicion” -- which could be based partially but not “solely” on ethnicity -- triggered during “any lawful contact” was an invitation to abuse. Conservative defenders found these criticisms of a “sensibly written and rigorously focused” law not only mistaken, but “over the top,” “intemperate,” “hysterical,” “preening” and “sanctimonious.”

    Until the Arizona legislature hastily revisited the law on precisely these points. “Any lawful contact” has now been changed to a “lawful stop, detention or arrest.” The word “solely” has been removed, broadening the presumption against ethnic profiling.
    PostPartisan - The authors of Arizona's immigration law retreat
    Is that in the Arizona Law? Looks like another person who hasn't read it. Does it really matter what was discussed or does the actual law matter?

  2. #542
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,119
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by justonemorevoice View Post
    thats just it, you say they are baseless. isnt that your opinion on their opinions? i dont see what is so wrong with questioning things.
    Questioning is fine, if you have a solid basis for those questions.

    You are saying that the beliefs of the founders are being questioned, so how about you give me some examples? If you can't, then you have just proved my point.

  3. #543
    Advisor BCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    598

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Obama flushed our honor down the toilet when he went on worldwide apology tour. He's destroying our honor, by destroying our country.
    lol, I suppose you haven't realized that the respect for America is dwindling worldwide. That's what happens when you go to the war with the wrong country. Don't blame this on Obama, blame it on Georgie W.
    I use a lot of satire and sarcasm so keep that in mind when reading my posts.

  4. #544
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,119
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    I only see about 1,000 people.
    I only see a few hundred, with a fake crowd photoshopped into the background.

  5. #545
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    I only see a few hundred, with a fake crowd photoshopped into the background.
    A lot of photo shopping here

    Beck rally - News, photos, topics, and quotes

  6. #546
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    lol, I suppose you haven't realized that the respect for America is dwindling worldwide. That's what happens when you go to the war with the wrong country. Don't blame this on Obama, blame it on Georgie W.
    Interesting that you and others continue to divert from the current Administration and the thread topic. Don't blame you as the liberal ideology is a disaster.

    Beck rally - News, photos, topics, and quotes

  7. #547
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Moderator's Warning:
    Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strengthLast warning: stay on topic.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #548
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Interesting that you and others continue to divert from the current Administration and the thread topic. Don't blame you as the liberal ideology is a disaster.

    Beck rally - News, photos, topics, and quotes
    So, if the current administration is part of the topic, you admit it was a political rally?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #549
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I have no problem with people protesting regardless of the issue. My concern however is that many appear to not even know what was in the Arizona Bill. I don't recall blasting anything other than ignorance.
    That is too funny! Especially since it appears that you are the one that doesn't know what was in the AZ blll. Didn't you just ask "why was it discriminatory"?

    Authors of the AZ Immigration law retreat:
    When I wrote last on Arizona's new immigration law, critics of the measure were arguing that requiring proof of citizenship based on a policeman’s “reasonable suspicion” -- which could be based partially but not “solely” on ethnicity -- triggered during “any lawful contact” was an invitation to abuse. Conservative defenders found these criticisms of a “sensibly written and rigorously focused” law not only mistaken, but “over the top,” “intemperate,” “hysterical,” “preening” and “sanctimonious.”

    Until the Arizona legislature hastily revisited the law on precisely these points. “Any lawful contact” has now been changed to a “lawful stop, detention or arrest.” The word “solely” has been removed, broadening the presumption against ethnic profiling.
    PostPartisan - The authors of Arizona's immigration law retreat

    So, if it wasn't discriminatory, why did they change it?



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  10. #550
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    I only see a few hundred, with a fake crowd photoshopped into the background.
    Is any one claiming the picture is fake, or is this a straw man?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •