Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 706

Thread: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

  1. #521
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    mertex;1058948948]What good would that do? You seem to discount anything and everything that your little right-wing mind has not already approved. We post facts and you claim they are lies, then you post your lies to prove our facts wrong.
    Didn't take long for the personal attacks. I have discounted nothing, simply posted the Anchorage Paper reporting on those ethics violations and their status. You buy what you are told from leftwing sites because that is what you want to believe. Your fixation on Palin is quite disturbing since she has nothing to do with this Administration or the policies they are implementing. If you truly want, which I doubt, to get the actual results of this Administration then go to bea.gov, bls.gov, and the U.S. Treasury websites for non partisan data thus actual results.

    Why is it that cons are so quick to demand their First Amendment Rights when they are criticized for what they say, but deny it to others when they don't like what is being said? Ala Palin - She didn't like Emmanuel's use of the word "retarded", but didn't mind when Limbaugh used it. She suggested that the n-word should not be used, then she praised Dr. Laura for using it? Hypocrisy much?

    Glenn Beck exercised his First Amendment rights today and hundreds of thousands either attended or watched this rally on live streaming video. You certainly have that same right but to divert from the thread topic and what happened today in D.C. is quite telling

  2. #522
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Of course. That's why all those Democrats, Progressives, Independents, and Green Party people were Becky's invited speakers.
    Frustrates you that you cannot find anything political about the rally? Quite telling that you didn't watch any of the rally but are an expert on who spoke and who didn't?

  3. #523
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by justonemorevoice View Post
    several of the founding fathers beliefs have been called into question.
    so have obama's---by 54% of dems nationally

    but not brother martin's

    at least, not by those who knew him

  4. #524
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by justonemorevoice View Post
    well, golly gee, where did i say it wasnt? i said what if you dont believe in god? i wholeheartedly believe that the founders were more christian than not, however several of the founding fathers beliefs have been called into question.
    How have they been called into question, Justonemorevoice?

    I know there has been very serious attempts made, by the sitting President as well, to denigrate US history and the American people rather than highlighting the many positive contributions America has made to the world. That's why I'm rather curious about what form this 'question' is taking.

  5. #525
    User justonemorevoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    01-11-11 @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    115

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    so have obama's---by 54% of dems nationally

    but not brother martin's

    at least, not by those who knew him
    yah yah yah. this is not about obama, now is it? do you deny that some of the founding fathers beliefs have been questioned?

  6. #526
    User justonemorevoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    01-11-11 @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    115

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    How have they been called into question, Justonemorevoice?

    I know there has been very serious attempts made, by the sitting President as well, to denigrate US history and the American people rather than highlighting the many positive contributions America has made to the world. That's why I'm rather curious about what form this 'question' is taking.
    im not trying to denigrate anything at all. im just saying the several of them have had their beliefs questioned.

    Our Founding Fathers Were NOT Christians
    http://www.skeptically.org/thinkersonreligion/id9.html
    Last edited by justonemorevoice; 08-28-10 at 03:38 PM.

  7. #527
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by justonemorevoice View Post
    im not trying to denigrate anything at all. im just saying the several of them have had their beliefs questioned.

    Our Founding Fathers Were NOT Christians
    I didn't say you were personally denigrating anyone Justonemoorevoice, but was inquiring only as to what form this "question" was being raised.

    What questions against whom and by whom??

  8. #528
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength




    looks like a pretty decent turnout to me.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  9. #529
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by justonemorevoice View Post
    im not trying to denigrate anything at all. im just saying the several of them have had their beliefs questioned.

    Our Founding Fathers Were NOT Christians
    Religious beliefs of the Founding Fathers
    To deny that there was a strong christian influence in the founding of the country would be silly. Not all the founding fathers necessarily where religious, and the constitution is very neutral on religion except that the right is protected, but to say that the nation was founded on christian principals is not an untrue statement, simply incomplete.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #530
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,137
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by justonemorevoice View Post
    yah yah yah. this is not about obama, now is it? do you deny that some of the founding fathers beliefs have been questioned?
    Questioned... yes. With any foundation behind those questions.... no.

    The fact that non-believers have made several baseless attempts to re-write history over 200 years after the fact, all to try and make it better conform to their beliefs and political agendas, should fail the smell test with anyone who applies even a small amount of common sense.

Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •