Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 706

Thread: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

  1. #511
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Still waiting....

    august 28, 1963, steps of the memorial (exactly 10 months before mike mansfield broke the democrat filibuster of the civil rights act):

    I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together.

    This is our hope. This is the faith that I will go back to the South with. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day. And this will be the day, this will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning, "My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the Pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring!" And if America is to be a great nation, this must become true.
    now, THERE'S a man of GOD

    even more so, april 3, 1968 (the day before he was assassinated in memphis)

    American Rhetoric: Martin Luther King, Jr. --* I've Been to the Mountaintop (April 3 1968)

    (to capture the preacher's religiosity here would violate fair use dictates, it would take a dozen paragraphs to do justice)

  2. #512
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Poll results are in!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    I took a small local poll (three neighbors and the FedEx guy)...

    According to the respondents, America doesn't seem any more honorable this afternoon than it did before the Beck-kateers' circle jerk at the Lincoln Memorial. Go figger.

    I certainly agree, Glinda.

    It's too little too late.

  3. #513
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by justonemorevoice View Post
    baloney, i can believe in declaring my independence without believing in god.
    Living in this country you have Freedom OF Religion but not Freedom FROM religion. You can choose to worship whoever or whatever you want and so do I. I worship God and that right is protected just like yours. To deny however that this country wasn't founded on Judeo Christian principles is simply false

  4. #514
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Glinda's Fedex guy lost it on the way to DC, this whole thing is a massive effort to search for it, I think.
    oh wow...poor guy, hope he finds it again

  5. #515
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    kind of what i was wondering...whose honor? what honor? who lost it?
    C-Span will re-run tonight and monday, if you are really interested.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  6. #516
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I wake up this morning and all I see is more of the same from you, rhetoric without any substance. How about some facts regarding Glenn Beck instead of the hate rhetoric.
    What good would that do? You seem to discount anything and everything that your little right-wing mind has not already approved. We post facts and you claim they are lies, then you post your lies to prove our facts wrong.

    Did you see the video posted showing the "radicals" at the Kennedy Center last night? What is it exactly that is wrong with Americans that disagree with you and others expressing their First Amendment Rights without being demonized?
    Why is it that cons are so quick to demand their First Amendment Rights when they are criticized for what they say, but deny it to others when they don't like what is being said? Ala Palin - She didn't like Emmanuel's use of the word "retarded", but didn't mind when Limbaugh used it. She suggested that the n-word should not be used, then she praised Dr. Laura for using it? Hypocrisy much?



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  7. #517
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    No, it wasn't a political rally. It was a call to the people to embrace the values that made this nation great.
    Of course. That's why all those Democrats, Progressives, Independents, and Green Party people were Becky's invited speakers.

  8. #518
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    No, it wasn't a political rally. It was a call to the people to embrace the values that made this nation great.
    You said this in your answer:

    We are a nation founded by the belief that we are all guided by a higher power, which is something that our leaders are no longer following. It's up to us, the people, to return to those beliefs and demand our leaders live by them, because time is running out.
    If that was part of the message of the event, it was a political event. Now, I will not deny I have not watched any of the rally(baseball is on), so I am basing this strictly on what you said.

    I also note where you cut out a large portion of my comments, where I said basically there is nothing I found objectionable about the event, and even praised it to an extent. I am not looking to bury the event, but trying to be fair to both sides.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #519
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    C-Span will re-run tonight and monday, if you are really interested.
    thanks...i probably will try and catch some of the coverage

  10. #520
    User justonemorevoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    01-11-11 @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    115

    Re: Still waiting....

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Living in this country you have Freedom OF Religion but not Freedom FROM religion. You can choose to worship whoever or whatever you want and so do I. I worship God and that right is protected just like yours. To deny however that this country wasn't founded on Judeo Christian principles is simply false
    well, golly gee, where did i say it wasnt? i said what if you dont believe in god? i wholeheartedly believe that the founders were more christian than not, however several of the founding fathers beliefs have been called into question.

Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •