Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 706

Thread: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

  1. #41
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Watch Beck come out as a liberal

    What and blow his cash cow suckering all these so called conservatives? Not a chance. The guy is making too much money and laughing all the way to the bank. So is FOX.

  2. #42
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Oh that's a funny one. You are funny.
    Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Did you see that on Daily KOS or Democratic Underground?
    Never read them. In fact, I've vaguely heard of Daily KOS mentioned, and never heard of the other one. How do you know so much about them?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Anyway, I don't think you really know how you'd feel, if you were black.
    I'll get back to you after I confer with my black relatives, but I already know how they feel about Glenn Beck, so it's not a stretch they willl be offended by what Mr. Whitebread is doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    So you don't think any blacks will be at the event in support of it?
    About as many as there are in the teaparty.

  3. #43
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    There is no 3rd Party. (Tea Party is Republican and dont let anyone tell you anything different)

    What the repubs did was genius. They make it LOOK like people are making a change with the Tea Party but all they are doing is putting in another republican.
    You are absolutely right! Don't forget they also hate Obama with all their might.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Who won, exactly? Did ANYONE that Sarah Palin supported win this week?
    Umm, yeah. Of the candidates she stumped for, I think the last count was 16-10, Sarah's favor. You do know that the senate run off in Alaska has all but been won by Sarah's endorsed candidate, too?

    So yeah, you can try to paint Palin as a liability, but numbers don't lie, chick.
    Last edited by jallman; 08-26-10 at 02:19 PM.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I'm going to laugh my ass off about this thread in November.
    How does that address the fact that you were flat out wrong in what you stated?

  6. #46
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    It's not really dependency, but a saving grace.
    You say tomato, I say tomahto.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Does that chart count for inflation, and cost of living increases? It's reasonable for welfare spending to increase when cost of living increases.
    Only if inflation has increased 320% since 1980, and it has not, it's increased approximately 164% since 1980. What is the attribute then for the remaining 156%?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I would love something like workfare to be implemented. An education, and work program would help people tremendously, it would help more people to become self-sufficient, and live a life of comfort, instead of survival. Education or experience are the most important factors in finding good, and stable jobs, but if one doesn't have either, it's going to be hard to find work. Having education, and work programs for people on welfare will give those people both of those, and increase their chances of finding jobs so that they can leave the welfare program.
    Totally agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    And for your theory, your assuming that people vote Democrat solely on the welfare program. I'm on food stamps, but I became a democrat long before we've had food stamps. Also to say that they support welfare to get votes is just absurd. I think they support welfare so that people, don't have to be homeless, or starve to death.
    First, I'll say not all vote Democrate soley because they are social program dependent - but I would say some do, just as some abuse the system and fraud is rampant. Democrats policies however do extend a bribe to those just hanging on to - just hang on longer. And when voting time comes along, vote for the guy or gal who will continue to allow you to hang on. If you had to choose between a Democrat who supports the extension (as is) of Food Stamps versus a Democrat who advocates the removal of the Food Stamp program, which would you (who use food stamps) vote for? Second, you set up a false choice in that without welfare people will starve and or become homeless. That's not necessarily true. If welfare was replaced, or phased out people would have to take care of each other or the welfare participants would be highly motivated to sign on to new programs created to increase their job skills instead of being paid to just stay on the cusp of homelessness. Some people actually have family as well, or could rely on Church or charity. Granted, those organization don't spend $400 billion dollars a year on Federal Welfare ... that's a lot of welfare. Third, not every Democrat is in your unique situation, so the implication that most people are like you is not true, therefore the implication is misleading.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Especially children, why should children have to pay for their parents mistakes? I could say that the Republicans want the poor children to starve because they want to cut welfare programs, but that would be the same type of hyperbole as you're suggesting.
    Children always pay for parents mistakes and no amount of social programs will change that. How are children who's parents use welfare money to create more children, or who use that money for drugs or alcohol avoid making their children suffer? They do not.

    You have not addressed 30 years worth of dependence other than saying it IS dependence ... just enough to keep them from being homeless. THAT is the epitome of dependence. That is what Democrats want to keep going and that is what they've co-opted groups like the Black Caucus, NAACP and former Civil Rights leaders into buying into politically. That keeps these groups in power, that keeps Democrats in power through votes. In 25 years as an adult - all one has to do is look around and see this happening year after year. I just don't get why intelligent and moral Democrats ignore it - maybe they don't and that's why they become Independents.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #47
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    The tea party's strength? ??? This isn't a tea party.
    Bang,...Bang,,,,Bang....ouch!

    Is that brick wall hurting your head as much as it is mine Mellie?

    One more time
    THIS IS NOT A TEA PARTY!
    THIS IS NOT ABOUT MLK though MLK's niece will speak.
    This is not a PROTEST.
    Sarah Palin will be there because her son is in the Military.
    This is a non political event and will benefit the children of fallen soldiers.
    EWWWW that awful evil Glenn Beck! How dare he!!!
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  8. #48
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Bang,...Bang,,,,Bang....ouch!

    Is that brick wall hurting your head as much as it is mine Mellie?

    One more time
    THIS IS NOT A TEA PARTY!
    THIS IS NOT ABOUT MLK though MLK's niece will speak.
    This is not a PROTEST.
    Sarah Palin will be there because her son is in the Military.
    This is a non political event and will benefit the children of fallen soldiers.
    EWWWW that awful evil Glenn Beck! How dare he!!!
    You seem to have more faith in Beck than most people. We will see if he can truly avoid attacking those whom he disagrees with.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Can't you research it for yourself?

    Won:

    Pat Toomey
    Rand Paul
    Mike Lee
    Raul Labrador
    Nikki Haley
    Tom Graves
    Tim Crawford
    Scott Brown
    Mo Brooks
    Sharron Angle

    Lost:

    Chuck DeVore
    Doug Hoffman
    Pat Hughes
    Don Lowery
    Marlin Stutzman
    John Hostettler
    Bob Vander Plaats

    And Joe Miller is about to win in Alaska.

    Kind of goes against your claim that "most" lost doesn't it? Are you prepared to retract your claim?

    Chart: How Have the 2010 Tea Party Candidates Fared? The Washington Independent
    Would you agree this is a beter measure of success and failure than the rally?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #50
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post

    What the repubs did was genius. They make it LOOK like people are making a change with the Tea Party but all they are doing is putting in another republican.
    Rand Paul ?
    and hopefully Conservatives instead of Republicans who lost their way. The tea party is not thrilled with either party. Taking over the Republican Party is the best way to get the country moving in the right direction. Yes, pretty genius of the frustrated American people.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •