Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 706

Thread: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

  1. #441
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Sorry, but I don't even watch the rodeo clowns when I'm at a rodeo.



    He's putting on a massive, nationally televised, self-promotional free-for-all and paying for it with charitable donations.


    Sheesh. Take off the blinders.
    So you didn't watch but are an expert on the rally? Got it!

    Nationally televised? What station or network televised the rally? I have been checking Fox News all day and haven't seen any live coverage. It must be my cable provider, right?

    By the way are you not going to tell the people that attended that rally what they can and cannot spend their money on?

  2. #442
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,285
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    do you remember when those representative members of the "professional left" whom gibbs suggested should be drug tested offered up as a means to deflect the crescendo of criticism obama took for his relationship with the reverand wright and his gd church of chickens roosting (which spiritual mentor, from whom obama took the title for his first audacious book, was soon after tossed under the cruel wheels of the campaign bus) by picking a "random" conservative---say, karl rove or fred barnes---and labeling him a racist?

    Hugh Hewitt: JournoList members silent on slander | Washington Examiner

    it all comes down to character
    The topic is the Glenn Beck rally...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #443
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Apparently, actually watching the thing/person you're criticizing isn't required.
    evidently

    and reading a law before SUING one of our 50 is not required of an ag, either

    go figure

  4. #444
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    So I am assuming it is over or wrapping up as they are singing Amazing Grace. Here is my quick take on it.

    It was largely a giant stunt by Beck and company, however it isn't lost on me that for the most part he kept political specifics out of it, it seems to be more of a rallying cry for the tea party movement. I doubt that Beck directly profited from it and I'm fine with honoring troops, I'm not fine with the idea that this rally was created to tell people they don't honor troops enough, which couldn't be further from the truth.

    I also don't like the idea that he took the role of preacher while speaking and was probably essentially telling people what they already knew, nor his indirect ways of suggesting religion plays a far bigger role in our country than it actually does. Religion has an important role and a place, but indirectly suggesting it was a big part of why our forefathers did the things they did, and continuously talked about "the enemy" (what is this enemy?) I think if nothing else, this rally was used as a way to rally up people with less complicated views on society and politics and to energize the various bases that Beck, Palin, etc cater too.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  5. #445
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Beck's company, Mercury Radio Arts?, is a non-profit organization?
    My, my, the shame of it all! Don't know that for a fact but even if it is, so what? Charitable organizations are subject of IRS rules and are subject to audit. Let me know when you find something they did wrong?

  6. #446
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    So I am assuming it is over or wrapping up as they are singing Amazing Grace. Here is my quick take on it.

    It was largely a giant stunt by Beck and company, however it isn't lost on me that for the most part he kept political specifics out of it, it seems to be more of a rallying cry for the tea party movement. I doubt that Beck directly profited from it and I'm fine with honoring troops, I'm not fine with the idea that this rally was created to tell people they don't honor troops enough, which couldn't be further from the truth.

    I also don't like the idea that he took the role of preacher while speaking and was probably essentially telling people what they already knew, nor his indirect ways of suggesting religion plays a far bigger role in our country than it actually does. Religion has an important role and a place, but indirectly suggesting it was a big part of why our forefathers did the things they did, and continuously talked about "the enemy" (what is this enemy?) I think if nothing else, this rally was used as a way to rally up people with less complicated views on society and politics and to energize the various bases that Beck, Palin, etc cater too.
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion and I disagree with much of it.

  7. #447
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    How is it a political stunt? Be specific
    The speakers include representatives from the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, and Dr. Alveda King.

    Conservatives all.

  8. #448
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Yes pbrauer. Thats why MLK's neice is there
    Do you mean she is the token black conservative there?

    edit add:
    A conservative who had two abortions and now wants to make abortion the new civil rights movement.
    Last edited by pbrauer; 08-28-10 at 02:21 PM. Reason: added more commentary


  9. #449
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion and I disagree with much of it.
    Fair enough, we will see the implications of the rally in the coming weeks. I'm sure and see how Beck uses it for his own personal gain. To really summarize what I just posted, I'm indifferent on the entire rally and it actually fit about where I thought it would.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  10. #450
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Nice distortion of the actual record.
    Translation = I will not believe anything that is said about Palin, no matter who says it! I've made my mind up, don't confuse me with facts.

    Seems the Anchorage Paper disagrees, did you send all this to them and tell them how wrong they were?
    That would be more like something you should do, since you tend to believe only those things that fit into your pre-conceived idea of Palin. I really don't much care, I believe if she were to run for office she would have to respond to these allegations and the listeners won't all be a bunch of "Pollyanna Republicans" where unicorns and rainbows follow Ms Palin around.

    As for Wasilla, apparently you don't understand how that debt was created and how it is being funded. Voters decided it was a worthwhile project and voted to support it and fund it. Most of this is garbage and old news. So much hatred for a former politician. Sounds like a lot of jealousy to me.
    Bwahaha! Sounds like the same ole GOP/conservative rhetoric. Anytime someone posts facts about Ms Failin, the GOP's defense is "Why do you hate her," "Are you jealous of her,"? No, I'm not jealous of her and I don't hate her, I just like to tear down false fantasies about her abilities, sincerity and love of country. Ms Palin loves money, why you and others don't see it is probably the result of too much Kool-Aid.

    By the way, 16 million unemployed Americans, 3 trillion added to the debt, rising unemployment each month in 2010, and declining GDP is a record to run from thus the diversion.
    Yeah, I guess nobody knew how badly Bush screwed the country. Of course, Reps/cons are scampering around trying to put all the blame on Obama, because they can't accept the fact that their policies flopped!



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •