Page 36 of 71 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 706

Thread: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

  1. #351
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    What you call smear, we see as putting the event and its organizer in proper perspective.






    Damn, son, sometimes you say the funniest things...
    Yep, notice all those political signs in the crowd? The gall of any American to show up on their own at the Lincoln Memorial to show their love and respect for this country. How dare these people become active in a positive manner!


    Restoring Honor Rally Live Ustream | Facebook

  2. #352
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    Good facts, and don't forgot Lincoln GOP. That is what really confuses me now, the party that freed the slaves and voted for civil rights is now labeled as a party with bigots.
    I hope you're being sarcastic and just pointing out the stupidity of Prof's post.

    No doubt in the 50 and 60's the southern dems were bigots, now the dem party is the party of minorities. Almost like the earth changing is polarity?
    Not almost, that's exactly what happened.

    That's what makes Prof's post such an embarrassing joke -- it's like he's totally unaware that the 1960s dems were a different party. The Prof apparently didn't take U.S. History.

    ]That being said, can we really say that parties don't change? e.g. 50's and 60's, the dems were the war mongers? Chicago PD/Dem Daley beats protesters up @ the 68 dem convention.
    More facts Prof apparently didn't know.

    Great post. The Prof needs to back to school.

  3. #353
    Educator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-15-10 @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    718

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by goldengirl View Post
    The majority of Americans were and are against the healthcare Obamacare bill...it's not even implemented yet, so that doesn't count as it could be a complete failure.

    So we have that and tap water???...I'm sure some conservative would have come up with clean tap water if a "progressive' wouldn't have. Maybe they should stick to tap water.
    The rest of the story (with thanks to Thom Hartmann):

    "A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican"

    Joe gets up at 6:00am to prepare his morning coffee. He fills his pot full of good clean drinking water because some liberal fought for minimum water quality standards. He takes his daily medication with his first swallow of coffee. His medications are safe to take because some liberal fought to insure their safety and work as advertised.

    All but $10.00 of his medications are paid for by his employers medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance, now Joe gets it too. He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs this day. Joe’s bacon is safe to eat because some liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

    Joe takes his morning shower reaching for his shampoo; His bottle is properly labeled with every ingredient and the amount of its contents because some liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained. Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some tree hugging liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air. He walks to the subway station for his government subsidized ride to work; it saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees. You see, some liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.

    Joe begins his work day; he has a good job with excellent pay, medicals benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Joe’s employer pays these standards because Joe’s employer doesn’t want his employees to call the union. If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed he’ll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some liberal didn’t think he should loose his home because of his temporary misfortune....

    (continued)

    Thom Hartmann: Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican | Video Cafe

  4. #354
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    I hope you're being sarcastic and just pointing out the stupidity of Prof's post.



    Not almost, that's exactly what happened.

    That's what makes Prof's post such an embarrassing joke -- it's like he's totally unaware that the 1960s dems were a different party. The Prof apparently didn't take U.S. History.



    More facts Prof apparently didn't know.

    Great post. The Prof needs to back to school.
    I hope you are watching the live feed of the Beck rally,

    Oh, the horror of it all!!

    Faith, Hope, and Charity! Hate Speech?

    Restoring Honor! Oh, my! How dare him!

    The Pledge of Allegience, the Star Spangled Banner??

    No Political signs! No protests! Oh, NO!! Hate Speech!!

    Thousands of Americans at the Lincoln Memorial exercising their freedom of speech and doing so peacefully!!

    I cannot believe this, how dare them!! Celebrating American Heritage!

    How dare these people act this dispicable!
    Last edited by Conservative; 08-28-10 at 11:13 AM.

  5. #355
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I hope you are watching the live feed of the Beck rally,

    Oh, the horror of it all!!

    Faith, Hope, and Charity! Hate Speech?

    Restoring Honor! Oh, my! How dare him!

    The Pledge of Allegience, the Star Spangled Banner??

    No Political signs! No protests! Oh, NO!! Hate Speech!!

    Thousands of Americans at the Lincoln Memorial exercising their freedom of speech and doing so peacefully!!

    I cannot believe this, how dare them!! Celebrating American Heritage!

    How dare these people act this dispicable!
    I'm watching C-Span

    They are talking of God , Liberty and our Founding Fathers.
    You can't get more hateful than that.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  6. #356
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    09-09-10 @ 04:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Moderator's Warning:
    Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strengthSpammers are lower even than Glenn Beck.
    Last edited by Redress; 08-28-10 at 01:33 PM. Reason: removed spam adds

  7. #357
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by The Uncola View Post
    The rest of the story (with thanks to Thom Hartmann):

    "A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican"

    Joe gets up at 6:00am to prepare his morning coffee. He fills his pot full of good clean drinking water because some liberal fought for minimum water quality standards. He takes his daily medication with his first swallow of coffee. His medications are safe to take because some liberal fought to insure their safety and work as advertised.

    All but $10.00 of his medications are paid for by his employers medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance, now Joe gets it too. He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs this day. Joe’s bacon is safe to eat because some liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

    Joe takes his morning shower reaching for his shampoo; His bottle is properly labeled with every ingredient and the amount of its contents because some liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained. Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some tree hugging liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air. He walks to the subway station for his government subsidized ride to work; it saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees. You see, some liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.

    Joe begins his work day; he has a good job with excellent pay, medicals benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Joe’s employer pays these standards because Joe’s employer doesn’t want his employees to call the union. If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed he’ll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some liberal didn’t think he should loose his home because of his temporary misfortune....

    (continued)

    Thom Hartmann: Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican | Video Cafe
    Tell us what guarantees Joe "Founder" had in creating this country and our Constitution? Did our Founders have "excellent pay, medical benefits, retirement income, paid holidays, unions, and vacations?" Did our Founders believe in the current 3.8 trillion dollar Federal govt? Did our Founders believe in personal responsibility?

    Oh, what a distance we have come today and how poorly educated many people are when it comes to the basic principles upon which this country was founded!

    Interesting how today liberals believe people are owed a job for life, they are owed all these benefits, and they are owed getting paid first withouth any monetary investment in the business. The corner market owner, dry cleaner, drug store, hardware store owner, etc. has to pay for these expenses and they simply cannot do it yet that is ok to these so called progressives.

    I am convinced that "feel good" rhetoric trumps history, economics, and civics.

    Let me let you in on a little secret, when liberalism runs these small businesses out of business there will be no one left to fund all these programs that so called progressives promote.

    This country was built on equal opportunity, not equal outcome. Businesses are in business to make a profit, not to employ people for life. When I read comments on this board I fear for our country because now equal outcome means redistribution of wealth and a guaranteed job for life and none of that was ever guaranteed by our Founders.

  8. #358
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    I'm watching C-Span

    They are talking of God , Liberty and our Founding Fathers.
    You can't get more hateful than that.
    Oh, my!! The Horror of it all! What? No one demanding that the govt. provide them with anything? What is this Faith, Hope, and Charity "thing?"

    Where is my govt. handout? Oh, wait, my taxdollars paying for what I need? Why don't I just keep it and spend it on what I need? No, that would be unfair to others and after all it is all about fairness. I am obviously not paying my "fair share" to others whereas the 47% that don't pay any Federal Income taxes obviously are. Wonder why it is that liberals never define "fair share?"

  9. #359
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,287
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    To hear Sarah Palin say the words "All men are created equal" is just sickening. Yes Sarah to you all men are created equal except gays and muslims right?

  10. #360
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    since the 60's, it may be true, the dems have begun to catch up with the gop on civil rights

    but the legacy of the party of jackson, polk and wilson on questions of race is shameful

    live with it
    Last edited by The Prof; 08-28-10 at 11:46 AM.

Page 36 of 71 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •