Page 35 of 71 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 706

Thread: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

  1. #341
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    How interesting, Dr. Martin Luther King's niece, Alveda King is a Senior Fellow at the Alexis de Tocqueville Institution, a conservative think tank that is funded by none other than the Koch Family Foundation. Coincidence? I think not.

    Btw, Alveda King has little in common with her uncle MLK other than his last name. MLK was for equality for people of all races, ethnicity and gender. Alveda is anti-homosexual and doesn't think homosexuals deserve civil rights. She is also against a woman's rights to choose, even though she herself had two abortions. That puts her in direct opposition to Coretta King, MLK's deceased wife who was a LGTB and women's right activist. Alveda also claims MLK would be a Republican if he were alive today. But the fact of the matter is, MLK didn't endorse any political party because that would have undermined his global message of equality for all people.

    Soooo, it looks to me like Alveda King is going to make an attempt to rewrite MLK's history and legacy at this falldeerall Beck rally tomorrow. And she's going to get paid by the Koch's to do it. So this should be very interestink. Yes, indeedy.

    Yeah, yeah, we get it, anyone associated with the rally today gets smeared. How tolerant of you. So as it is described the rally is non political, and non partisan, so whats wrong with that?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #342
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Being related to MLK doesn't make her intelligent, or insightful, or any other positive traits you'd like to attribute to her.

    She holds a PhD I believe, I could be wrong, however, your bona fides are?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #343
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    How interesting, Dr. Martin Luther King's niece, Alveda King is a Senior Fellow at the Alexis de Tocqueville Institution, a conservative think tank that is funded by none other than the Koch Family Foundation. Coincidence? I think not.

    Btw, Alveda King has little in common with her uncle MLK other than his last name. MLK was for equality for people of all races, ethnicity and gender. Alveda is anti-homosexual and doesn't think homosexuals deserve civil rights. She is also against a woman's rights to choose, even though she herself had two abortions. That puts her in direct opposition to Coretta King, MLK's deceased wife who was a LGTB and women's right activist. Alveda also claims MLK would be a Republican if he were alive today. But the fact of the matter is, MLK didn't endorse any political party because that would have undermined his global message of equality for all people.

    Soooo, it looks to me like Alveda King is going to make an attempt to rewrite MLK's history and legacy at this falldeerall Beck rally tomorrow. And she's going to get paid by the Koch's to do it. So this should be very interestink. Yes, indeedy.
    Great post.

    I was wondering what was up with her.

    It's a shame someone from that family has strayed so far from what MLK stood for. 'MLK a Republican??' I guess she's not aware of the GOP's southern strategy. Yeah, I'm sure MLK would have embraced that.

    Thank you getting the info out about her.

  4. #344
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    If he does, then liberals will start to love him, he'll suddenly become brilliant, and all his thoughts will have Deep Merit. And he'll be funny and entertaining, too. Without chaning anything other than his political bent. Hazlnut will have an epiphany and recognize Beck's true genius.

    And then conservatives will pile on with all the things liberals say about him at the moment. He'll be the new Olbermann.
    Yeah, because I'm such a liberal.

    Being disgusted by Beck and Palin really defines my political views.

    Keep stacking that crap so high, it might fall on you.

  5. #345
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    If he does, then liberals will start to love him, he'll suddenly become brilliant, and all his thoughts will have Deep Merit. And he'll be funny and entertaining, too. Without chaning anything other than his political bent. Hazlnut will have an epiphany and recognize Beck's true genius.

    And then conservatives will pile on with all the things liberals say about him at the moment. He'll be the new Olbermann.
    I disagree. First there is a presumption that all conservatives love Beck. So, why would libs love him? The man is an entertainer, he does what he does to make $$$, nothing more or less.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  6. #346
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Yeah, because I'm such a liberal.

    Being disgusted by Beck and Palin really defines my political views.

    Keep stacking that crap so high, it might fall on you.
    I wake up this morning and all I see is more of the same from you, rhetoric without any substance. How about some facts regarding Glenn Beck instead of the hate rhetoric. Did you see the video posted showing the "radicals" at the Kennedy Center last night? What is it exactly that is wrong with Americans that disagree with you and others expressing their First Amendment Rights without being demonized? Where are the facts supporting your point of view. Yours is hate speech without substance. This really has to be an act, no one considered a moderate is so far left in their views.

  7. #347
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    63% of house dems voted for lbj's civil rights act, 80% of republicans

    in the senate, mike mansfield led the movement to break richard russell's filibuster, bobby kkk byrd was the last of the telephone book readers

    upstairs, 82% of reds voted aye vs 69% of blues

    it is what it is

    learn

    Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Good facts, and don't forgot Lincoln GOP. That is what really confuses me now, the party that freed the slaves and voted for civil rights is now labeled as a party with bigots.

    No doubt in the 50 and 60's the southern dems were bigots, now the dem party is the party of minorities. Almost like the earth changing is polarity? That being said, can we really say that parties don't change? e.g. 50's and 60's, the dems were the war mongers? Chicago PD/Dem Daley beats protesters up @ the 68 dem convention.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  8. #348
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yeah, yeah, we get it, anyone associated with the rally today gets smeared. How tolerant of you. So as it is described the rally is non political, and non partisan, so whats wrong with that?


    j-mac
    Right now the rally is being discussed on C-span. Phone in callers are interesting from both sides. Kind of like here. They will be covering the rally too.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  9. #349
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yeah, yeah, we get it, anyone associated with the rally today gets smeared. How tolerant of you.
    What you call smear, we see as putting the event and its organizer in proper perspective.


    So as it is described the rally is non political, and non partisan, so whats wrong with that?


    Damn, son, sometimes you say the funniest things...

  10. #350
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Right now the rally is being discussed on C-span. Phone in callers are interesting from both sides. Kind of like here. They will be covering the rally too.
    Aw, the complete and utter shame of this entire event, Wow! Notice all the hateful signs, druggies, malcontents, and political activists in the crowd? Amazing!

    Restoring Honor Rally Live Ustream | Facebook

Page 35 of 71 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •