Page 34 of 71 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 706

Thread: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

  1. #331
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    recognize Beck's true genius.
    You mean, Beck will stop all the sideways **** he pulls now? No more drama and lies? Because that's the only way he'll gain respect.

  2. #332
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    You mean, Beck will stop all the sideways **** he pulls now? No more drama and lies? Because that's the only way he'll gain respect.
    I used to catch Beck a little when he was still on CNN. I don't know if it was his format or the fact that CNN has bull**** detectors but he wasn't as bad back then, and apparently he used to not be about gimmicks:

    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  3. #333
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    She's been on Beck's show several times over the last year, because she put politics aside and judged Beck on his message. A message she whole heartedly agrees with and embraces.

    Quite a novel concept... wouldn't you say?
    Being related to MLK doesn't make her intelligent, or insightful, or any other positive traits you'd like to attribute to her.

  4. #334
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    So, not only are you a rabid, senseless hatemonger, you're also a liar. Well, glad to see you're finally being recognized in all your glory by the community at large.
    Did DP flip the motto around just for you? "Political bias a must, civility optional."

  5. #335
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    I watched something where MLK the 3rd talked about how they don't really speak to her much and severed ties with her for her using the MLK name for her own personal gain. I look at it like this, if MLK was the iMac of the family, she's the iPod shuffle, and who wants a shuffle? Same brand, different product.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  6. #336
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Sorry you're offended, but I'm sutre if you looked into the last 80 years of welfare and social programs and could push away the partisan nonsense - you'll see that the social programs are meant to keep people dependent, not improve their financial situation. You want to make a distinction between some and others - I'm identifying policy not individuals. Sharpton doesn't sign laws, pass laws and programs or lobby for them. I'm simply asking if the DNC policy and rhetoric is true, why have little to no changes in Welfare (as one example only) not changed and why was it that a Republican (Reagan) was the only one in the past 30 years that has tried to reform it?
    Actually, welfare was reformed in 1996 by a Republican congress and Clinton signed it into law. So I don't know where you're getting your information from, but it doesn't seem to reflect the current reality.


    Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    I guess that kinda makes your opinion moot.

  7. #337
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    How interesting, Dr. Martin Luther King's niece, Alveda King is a Senior Fellow at the Alexis de Tocqueville Institution, a conservative think tank that is funded by none other than the Koch Family Foundation. Coincidence? I think not.

    Btw, Alveda King has little in common with her uncle MLK other than his last name. MLK was for equality for people of all races, ethnicity and gender. Alveda is anti-homosexual and doesn't think homosexuals deserve civil rights. She is also against a woman's rights to choose, even though she herself had two abortions. That puts her in direct opposition to Coretta King, MLK's deceased wife who was a LGTB and women's right activist. Alveda also claims MLK would be a Republican if he were alive today. But the fact of the matter is, MLK didn't endorse any political party because that would have undermined his global message of equality for all people.

    Soooo, it looks to me like Alveda King is going to make an attempt to rewrite MLK's history and legacy at this falldeerall Beck rally tomorrow. And she's going to get paid by the Koch's to do it. So this should be very interestink. Yes, indeedy.
    Last edited by Moot; 08-28-10 at 07:20 AM.

  8. #338
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    talk about trying to profit off a family's good name:

    King's children in new legal battle - Los Angeles Times

  9. #339
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    63% of house dems voted for lbj's civil rights act, 80% of republicans

    in the senate, mike mansfield led the movement to break richard russell's filibuster, bobby kkk byrd was the last of the telephone book readers

    upstairs, 82% of reds voted aye vs 69% of blues

    it is what it is

    learn

    Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  10. #340
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    I finally read about this little tea festival this week and I said it in another thread, but I will say it here.

    I imagine Glenn Beck will ride in on his gigantic balls hoping down the mall, Mrs. Palin will be sitting on them along with the King's family estranged relative, bouncing all the way up the steps, past the flock of hover-rounds, around the bend of faux-neo nazis, bad mouthing the real neo-nazis with a wink and a nudge, and then, reaching tucked under his massive balls will be two tablet sized chalk boards with commandments all free thinking Americans that don't need to be told by the government what to do (but by GB) what they should be doing to take back America.

    The next week will unfortunately not be about the military's future warplan in the middle east, or the ailing economy, it will be about Fox letting Beck jerk off in their mouth, and the rest of the cable news talking about it. Fox will make it look like a real historic event (ie moon landing, Gettysburg Address) whereas MSNBC will paint it as a KKK convention, and CNN will try their best not to talk about it but can't ****ing help it because they are just as big of whores as the other 2.

    Yep, God bless America. I think that those that bitch about him most, just don't bitch about him. Let people enjoy him, let them come to the realization that he is nothing more but a tool to sell them overpriced coins, or make them feel guilty about 9/11 for no reason other than to empty out their pockets. Go about your business, let the guy say what he says, and eventually he will fade away into obscurity where he needs to be.
    your imagery is half the time grotesque and more often than that adolescent

    grow up

Page 34 of 71 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •