Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 706

Thread: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

  1. #201
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I don't take offense to what they're doing, where they're doing it.

    I do however think that Mr. Beck is pretty disengenious with his reasoning, I actually heard him say

    "We're going to reclaim the civil rights movement"

    What? Reclaim the civil rights movement? Are conservatives being hosed down by firefighters at bridges? Or did I miss something...
    Reclaim the Civil Rights movement?

    I guess they want Libs to quit claiming that Kennedy and Johnson had anything to do with the Civil Rights, it was the conservatives who thought of it and made sure it passed! Even the so-red states in the south, like Alabama, were fighting hard to get the civil rights passed!

    Wikipedia:
    The first march took place on March 7, 1965 "Bloody Sunday" when 600 civil rights marchers were attacked by state and local police with billy clubs and tear gas


    By the 1960s, the efforts of the local government to maintain racial segregation had earned Birmingham a new name, the Tragic City. Efforts to remedy a history of pervasive racial inequality continue today throughout Birmingham, through alliances among citizens that were once thought impossible.
    Civil Rights: Birmingham, Alabama | Africana Online

    JACKSON, Mississippi, March 17 (AFP) - Secret files from a segregation-era state spy agency were being unsealed here Tuesday in a move expected to shed new light on Mississippi authorities' fight against black civil rights.
    Mississippi unseals secret files on war against black civil rights



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





  2. #202
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Exactly how I feel about: Glen Beck - Restoring Honor.

    John McCain, sure.

    George H.W. Bush -- absolutely.

    I'd even go with Bill O'Reilly (though he's too smart to get caught up in the teabagger mentality)

    But Glenn Beck & Sarah Palin. Shameful.
    I'm surprised you don't hate O'Relly.
    He's been traveling all over with Glenn doing Bold fresh tours, Bill even has Beck on the Factor quite often.
    Maybe he's too smart to get caught up with the (profanity here) mentality but he sure seems to be close friends with the guy you despise. So now are you going to say O'reilly is an idiot?
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  3. #203
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    So you have nothing about the rally. Just personal shots at him. Got it.
    Um... gee, text, I thought Glenn Beck was going to be at the rally... um... gee... That's my main problem. Him being there. And I think I addressed all your points about the rally bellow.

    BTW, if he's a race baiter what is MLK's niece doing there? Why did he dedicate a week's programming to the black founding fathers?
    He's trying to get people to forget some of the ignorant race-baiting crap that's poured from his stupid mouth... would be my guess.



    More mindless rhetoric. Still waiting for examples.
    Examples of what?



    More false statements without evidence. No shocker there.
    My evidence is all the vile signs that have shown up at previous teabagger outings. What more did you need? A secret memo from Beck saying: We can't control what these morons put on their signs, so let's ban all signs.

    BTW -- where are your links backing up that this is some kind of official policy. How can they 'ban' signs?



    Actually he could.
    How could he charge money?



    More mindless banter without substance.
    Exactly. Palin = More mindless banter without substance.





    He has never said alll tea party members are saints. You are once again fabricating evidence that doesn't exist.
    I never said he said that. But it seems pretty obvious this is about cleaning up the racist undertone that has followed the teabaggers since day 1.



    Again, you have nothing to point to in this rally that is hurtful or bad in any way.
    Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin being there. They are doing the opposite of restoring honor to MKL/Lincoln.



    So you just hate him. You hate his views, you hate his Christianity and you must really hate the fact the niece of MLK is going to be with him.
    Hate is rather strong.

    I'm upset that this worthless human being is being given a platform to speak at this place and time. And if you want to call it hate, whatever.

    He's not anything close to the Christianity that I grew up with. We were never taught fear-mongering and race-baiting.

    The niece is an adult. I assume she has her reasons. Can't imagine what they are.

    Anyone else associated with MLK going to be there?

    You gave no facts whatsoever or examples of what he is doing on Sunday is wrong in any way.
    His presence is an insult to reason, freedom, the heroes, MLK, Lincoln...let's see what else.... Honor. Insulting those ideas is wrong, IMO.

  4. #204
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    I'm surprised you don't hate O'Relly.
    He's been traveling all over with Glenn doing Bold fresh tours, Bill even has Beck on the Factor quite often.
    Maybe he's too smart to get caught up with the (profanity here) mentality but he sure seems to be close friends with the guy you despise. So now are you going to say O'reilly is an idiot?
    I don't know why O'Reilly did that with GB. It was embarrassing. Maybe trying to broaden his audience.

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The only spin I see is from you who gives your opinions that aren't back by facts. When you call Palin a failed governor without checking out her record that is opinion and spin. When you claim Beck is an extremist that is your opinion as well as he seems to be resonating with a majority in this country or haven't you seen the latest poll numbers on this Administration?
    I'm sorry, didn't Palin quit being governor for bull**** reasons so she could make more money peddling books on fox?

    That's failure.

    You don't like Beck, that is fine, I am sure he will survive without your support. I wonder what your spin will be Monday after the event and after the crowds are recorded? I wonder what really drives all this hatred. Glenn Beck has done nothing to hurt you or this country yet seems to be hated by you. That hatred IMO is very misguided as you ignore the message and attack the messenger. That doesn't make you a moderate it make you an extremist.
    The event is going to be a train wreck.

    The crowd will be made up of supporters and protestors, the size doesn't reflect the national tone or character -- thankfully.

    You guys are really stuck on hate. I guess I do hate that the memories of Lincoln and MLK are going to be shamed once and for all.

    I guess I do hate that when I take my 3rd child there next summer, I have reconcile that disgrace that will happen tomorrow.

    It's sucks for all Americans that we have to allow a fear-mongering fool a podium to speak. But that's the deal.

    No honor shall be reclaimed. In fact, just the opposite.

  6. #206
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    I don't know why O'Reilly did that with GB. It was embarrassing. Maybe trying to broaden his audience.
    Wonder what your take will be on Monday after hundreds of thousands of Americans pay tribute to the greatness of America and do their part to restore the honor that so many here have tried to destroy? This non political rally is what this country needs at this point in time regardless of what you and others think. I look forward to your comments on Monday when you are proven wrong about Beck. If I am wrong I assure you that I am mature enough to admit it and will apologize.

  7. #207
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Spin, spin, spin... that's all you got.



    What 'Honor' to the memories of MLK/Lincoln are they restoring? It's a joke.
    The honor we lost when we got away from Faith, Hope and Charity, for one, or three however you want to look at it.
    Who said this rally was to honor Lincoln or MLK.
    Though I'm sure they will honor them, it's not the purpose of the rally.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  8. #208
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,292
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    I would just like to add a disclaimer to this thread: the views of hazlnut are his own, and in no way represent the views of most liberals. On the topic of the thread, I think most of us are skeptical of Beck's motives and what he might do, but will hold off on the criticism of the event until we know what actually is said.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    The honor we lost when we got away from Faith, Hope and Charity, for one, or three however you want to look at it.
    When did this happen?


    Who said this rally was to honor Lincoln or MLK.
    Beck.


    Though I'm sure they will honor them, it's not the purpose of the rally.
    I know.

    And no, they will be dishonoring them. Lincoln and MLK were men of reason and intelligence, great vision and purpose. Beck is a shill for Goldline!! He stands at his chalk board spewing some twisted version of US history/policy... and his fans eat it up, thinking they're getting educated.

    You don't see anything wrong with that? You don't see anything wrong with this rally?

  10. #210
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength

    =hazlnut;1058947098]I'm sorry, didn't Palin quit being governor for bull**** reasons so she could make more money peddling books on fox?

    That's failure.
    That is your opinion which I don't hold in high regard. She quit for a reason, to prevent the state from having to fund her defense and for liberals making a mockery of the legal process in the state. How many of those claims of liberals were found to be true? She won every ethics case in a court and regardless more were going to be forthcoming because that is what liberals do, destroy individuals that disagree with them. She is doing more good now on the national stage but her record as Governor is quite impressive.


    The event is going to be a train wreck.

    The crowd will be made up of supporters and protestors, the size doesn't reflect the national tone or character -- thankfully.
    Again, what makes you an expert on predictions? We shall see how this turns out. Are you going to be around on Monday to admit that you were wrong? The national tone right now is a disaster thanks to this empty suit President how promised to bring people together. He has done that in D. C. this weekend but probably hardly the gathering he expected.

    You guys are really stuck on hate. I guess I do hate that the memories of Lincoln and MLK are going to be shamed once and for all.
    You really don't understand Lincoln or King at all and have a distorted view of what is going to happen this weekend. Both Lincoln and King, IMO, would be supporting Beck in his efforts to "Restore Honor to America." You have your opinion but you don't control what others think or do.

    I guess I do hate that when I take my 3rd child there next summer, I have reconcile that disgrace that will happen tomorrow.
    Since you don't know what is going on tomorrow, you don't have a lot of credibility on the issue. I certainly hope your children have more of an open mind than their parent.

    It's sucks for all Americans that we have to allow a fear-mongering fool a podium to speak. But that's the deal.
    It is about time someone held this Administration accountable for their broken promises and their attempts to re-write history. It would serve you a little better to take a history class as well as a civics course so you wouldn't sound so foolish. It is about time someone tried to restore honor in this country because this Administration isn't doing it nor are people like you.

    No honor shall be reclaimed. In fact, just the opposite.
    Again, your opinion. I look forward to your apology on Monday.

Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •