Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
Results 251 to 258 of 258

Thread: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

  1. #251
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    1. no one's a liberal, there aren't any

    2. if tax increases on the rich are so right and required, why did the party presently and temporarily in power punt?

    Congress Punts on Taxes - WSJ.com

  2. #252
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,257

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I am stating that tax increases will force people to change behavior. If Federal Taxes go up the rich will find states that do not have state income taxes and move their operations there affecting state budgets and revenue, just like they have done in Maryland and NY now. Human behavior always trumps your textbook education.
    Nothing you have posted shows that the reason revenues fell in Maryland or New York were because of state taxes. It's mere speculation on your part. However, we do know for certain that the reason tax revenues fell in those states is because incomes have fallen during the recession.

    To prove your theory, you need to show that these tax payers left the state. Can you prove it? My money is on the recession the chief cause.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  3. #253
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Nothing you have posted shows that the reason revenues fell in Maryland or New York were because of state taxes. It's mere speculation on your part. However, we do know for certain that the reason tax revenues fell in those states is because incomes have fallen during the recession.

    To prove your theory, you need to show that these tax payers left the state. Can you prove it? My money is on the recession the chief cause.
    If you read the article it referenced the rich not all people and it is easy to determine by looking at tax returns whether the revenue for the rich increased or decreased and it is obvious that the rich people didn't get rich by doing stupid things like willingly paying higher taxes. that is the point that your textbook education will not teach you, personal behavior determines what people who can afford to move actually do.

    The Maryland millionaires tax has been in effect for 10 years, long before this recession and the numbers are quite telling but obviously nothing is going to change your mind. Rich people are going to lie down and take tax increases. There is a reason people are moving to TX whether you want to accept it or not and that reason is taxes and cost of living.

  4. #254
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,257

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    If you read the article it referenced the rich not all people and it is easy to determine by looking at tax returns whether the revenue for the rich increased or decreased and it is obvious that the rich people didn't get rich by doing stupid things like willingly paying higher taxes.
    I understand that; however the incomes of "rich people" go down in recessions as well. Or are you trying to say that the wealthy do not have income sensitivity regarding financial recession?

    that is the point that your textbook education will not teach you, personal behavior determines what people who can afford to move actually do.
    Another personal reference. Is it too much to ask for you to address my statements, and not your obsession with my education, political lean, etc...?

    The Maryland millionaires tax has been in effect for 10 years, long before this recession and the numbers are quite telling but obviously nothing is going to change your mind. Rich people are going to lie down and take tax increases. There is a reason people are moving to TX whether you want to accept it or not and that reason is taxes and cost of living.
    And as your article states, the tax revenue from those earning $1 million or more fell in 2009. Ironically, their tax revenue from high income earners fell during a recession.

    Was that partially to blame for the tax increase? Perhaps. But not anywhere in terms of scale when a financial recession hits the country.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  5. #255
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,257

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    1. no one's a liberal, there aren't any

    2. if tax increases on the rich are so right and required, why did the party presently and temporarily in power punt?

    Congress Punts on Taxes - WSJ.com
    I am not for any sort of tax increases during a recession such as this. Once a recovery is established, a mixture of tax increases and spending cuts will be in order. The two cannot be mutually exclusive when reducing the deficit.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  6. #256
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,257

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    that is the point that your textbook education will not teach you, personal behavior determines what people who can afford to move actually do..
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Human behavior always trumps your textbook education.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Liberals like you have a problem, you use textbook rhetoric trying to trump human behavior. Never going to work but it does make you look foolish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Liberal elites always point to textbook definitions while ignoring actual results and personal behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Reasoning to a liberal apparently means listening to the elite economists and ignoring their record.
    These are the various ad hominem's used by conservative since noon central time. Such talk adds immeasurable depth to the discussion.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  7. #257
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    I understand that; however the incomes of "rich people" go down in recessions as well. Or are you trying to say that the wealthy do not have income sensitivity regarding financial recession?



    Another personal reference. Is it too much to ask for you to address my statements, and not your obsession with my education, political lean, etc...?



    And as your article states, the tax revenue from those earning $1 million or more fell in 2009. Ironically, their tax revenue from high income earners fell during a recession.

    Was that partially to blame for the tax increase? Perhaps. But not anywhere in terms of scale when a financial recession hits the country.
    I am done addressing anything you ever post. I saw your comments "in the basement" and that shows just what kind of person you really are. I have no interest in dealing with anyone like you.

  8. #258
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I am done addressing anything you ever post. I saw your comments "in the basement" and that shows just what kind of person you really are. I have no interest in dealing with anyone like you.
    Correction. You're tired of him (and everyone else) asking you to prove your claims with something other then "I say so." The fundamental flaw in your entire reasoning is that basically everything you argue is begging the question. So you tend to have serious hissy fits (see your back to back temp suspensions) when people ask you to prove your base assumptions, which as we all know, you never do.

    Simple, you don't like us asking you to argue in a honest fashion that first does not assume all of your assumptions are true. A reason why you have come out so heavily against using linear regression to prove that your arguments are true regarding raw data.

    Linear regression would actually allow you to hold one factor constant and indeed show that the results you claim are the outcome of that factor you are talking about. Citing raw data without such statistical backup is a sign of severe debate deficiency.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •