Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 258

Thread: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

  1. #241
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,261

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is your opinion which you are entitled to but that opinion ignores human behavior.
    My opinion ignores your opinion on human behavior; as i do not care about your opinion on human behavior.

    NY just implemented the same program and tax revenue dropped. Tax revenue dropped in Maryland as well in the upper income brackets. Liberals like you have a problem, you use textbook rhetoric trying to trump human behavior. Never going to work but it does make you look foolish.

    Soak the Rich, Lose the Rich - WSJ.com
    You did not respond to the points in my post, and instead decided to call me a liberal and question me on a personal level. You have done nothing to negate my comments. Instead of worrying about who or what i am, try to refute my statements. This would require you to answer the question:

    What happens to tax revenues during a recession when we hold tax rates constant?

    Or...

    Where is the data that shows these people in question moved out?
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  2. #242
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    well, calling some a liberal is a good side step to answering a point.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #243
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,261

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    well, calling some a liberal is a good side step to answering a point.
    By calling me a liberal, he is intending to insult me (if he wasn't, he would be able to show where being a liberal is vital to the discussion). None the less, i am not a liberal; some of my analysis is inconvenient for so called conservatives.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  4. #244
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,283

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    My opinion ignores your opinion on human behavior; as i do not care about your opinion on human behavior.



    You did not respond to the points in my post, and instead decided to call me a liberal and question me on a personal level. You have done nothing to negate my comments. Instead of worrying about who or what i am, try to refute my statements. This would require you to answer the question:

    What happens to tax revenues during a recession when we hold tax rates constant?

    Or...

    Where is the data that shows these people in question moved out?
    Where is the proof? That is the normal liberal ploy so when you use it that makes you one. We have an Administration in office right now that has worse results this year vs. last year and still blames the previous Administration.

    My point continues to be that liberals like Obama and now apparently you believe that tax revenue will go up with an increase in taxes. He is proposing letting the Bush tax cuts expire for those top 1% income earners. There is no evidence that tax increases on the rich will generate additional tax revenue to the govt. as taxes affect human behavior regardless of the income levels. I posted actual documented proof of what happens when states tried to do with Obama wants to do on a national level. The proof is in the historical state data and with a mobile society there is no guarantee that revenue will go up but there is evidence that it could drop.

    Right now govt. revenue is down and we have 16 million unemployed Americans, 4 million more than we had when Obama took office and more each month this year vs. last year. Raising taxes is not going to put these people back to work. Tax revenue during a recession is always less due to fewer taxpayers, happens everytime.

  5. #245
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,261

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Tax revenue during a recession is always less due to fewer taxpayers, happens everytime.
    So how can you conclude that the state income tax was the culprit, when you have just admitted that recessions cause fewer tax payers?
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  6. #246
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    By calling me a liberal, he is intending to insult me (if he wasn't, he would be able to show where being a liberal is vital to the discussion). None the less, i am not a liberal; some of my analysis is inconvenient for so called conservatives.
    yes, that is his intent, and you're correc that he likley can't answer you. While I care little about such tags, I wouldn't be insulted to be called either liberal or conservative. Makes the effort at insult kind of silly IMHO.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #247
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,283

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    So how can you conclude that the state income tax was the culprit, when you have just admitted that recessions cause fewer tax payers?
    TX has no state income taxes so how can state income taxes be the culprit? When Obama raises taxes on the rich they will change their behavior generating less revenue to the govt. thus another false prediction. Unemployment always takes taxpayers out of the market place so what is your point?

  8. #248
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,261

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    TX has no state income taxes so how can state income taxes be the culprit?
    Have revenues (or incomes for that matter) in Texas remained constant since the onslaught of the recession?

    When Obama raises taxes on the rich they will change their behavior generating less revenue to the govt. thus another false prediction. Unemployment always takes taxpayers out of the market place so what is your point?
    You are also stating that tax increases will also cause people to want less income. Sorry, but there is not a 1:1 relating tax increases and falling income. The point is, the reason there were less revenues for that state is not primarily caused by tax increases, but because of the recession.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  9. #249
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Where is the proof? That is the normal liberal ploy so when you use it that makes you one. We have an Administration in office right now that has worse results this year vs. last year and still blames the previous Administration.

    My point continues to be that liberals like Obama and now apparently you believe that tax revenue will go up with an increase in taxes. He is proposing letting the Bush tax cuts expire for those top 1% income earners. There is no evidence that tax increases on the rich will generate additional tax revenue to the govt. as taxes affect human behavior regardless of the income levels. I posted actual documented proof of what happens when states tried to do with Obama wants to do on a national level. The proof is in the historical state data and with a mobile society there is no guarantee that revenue will go up but there is evidence that it could drop.

    Right now govt. revenue is down and we have 16 million unemployed Americans, 4 million more than we had when Obama took office and more each month this year vs. last year. Raising taxes is not going to put these people back to work. Tax revenue during a recession is always less due to fewer taxpayers, happens everytime.
    You have it just right but in stead of preaching to the Choir you're talking to the back of the pew.

    There is little chance any Liberals no matter how the present themselves or what cloak they put on have been indoctrinated in the wonderful world and tax and spend where the sky is green and the grass is blue an butterflies fill the air along with song birds.

    It is amazing they will argue that it's a good idea when history clearly shows when you cut spending, reduce taxes the revenues go up and jobs quickly follow.

    Today Obama really has some kind of Svengali mesmerizing hold on these people.

    Either that or some of them are truly challenged in ways we can only speculate about.

    As I said in a previous post this blip is a false indicator and does not reflect reality, and the only improvement will be when all of the millions out of work are bcak on the job and new people entering the job market have a job.

    Until then this is nothing and Obama continues to lie about everything. His whole time in office has been hell on this Country, because he truly is a RANK AMATEUR at everything except lying. At that he's a pro because that what he was trained to do as a lawyer and Organizer.
    Last edited by Councilman; 09-24-10 at 05:38 PM.

  10. #250
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,283

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Goldenboy219;1059004144]Have revenues (or incomes for that matter) in Texas remained constant since the onslaught of the recession?
    No, TX revenue like the rest of the nation is suffering because of higher than normal unemployment. TX has created more jobs than the rest of the nation combined but not enough to keep the unemployment normal. Right now the TX unemployment is 8.3% a full 1.3% under the national average but 2 points higher than normal. In addition TX isn't taking stimulus money to the level that most states are and TX has an illegal alien problem that the Feds will not help solve.



    You are also stating that tax increases will also cause people to want less income. Sorry, but there is not a 1:1 relating tax increases and falling income. The point is, the reason there were less revenues for that state is not primarily caused by tax increases, but because of the recession.
    I am stating that tax increases will force people to change behavior. If Federal Taxes go up the rich will find states that do not have state income taxes and move their operations there affecting state budgets and revenue, just like they have done in Maryland and NY now. Human behavior always trumps your textbook education.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •