Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 258

Thread: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

  1. #201
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, so an expert to you is someone who makes wrong predictions? The results matter, not the predictions. You continue to post opinions that have been proven wrong with actual results yet you claim these people are experts. Is that how you operate in real life?
    Nope. Greenspan is an expert. And the CBO is clearly competent. So are other economist, and the agreement is nearly across the board.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #202
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nope. Greenspan is an expert. And the CBO is clearly competent. So are other economist, and the agreement is nearly across the board.

    Yet, you have yet to address actual numbers nor has Greenspan and the CBO. Still waiting for you to give us the Obama economic policy or prediction that has been good for the economy and accurate? You buy op ed reports while ignoring actual results.
    Last edited by Conservative; 09-24-10 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Added content

  3. #203
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yet, you have yet to address actual numbers nor has Greenspan and the CBO. Still waiting for you to give us the economic policy or prediction that has been good for the economy and accurate? You buy op ed reports while ignoring actual results.
    Actually, they have. Seriously, read.



    BTW:

    Critics say that this amounts to increasing taxes at a time of high unemployment, and that instead the tax cuts should be extended as a stimulus measure. This overlooks the fact that tax cuts are an inefficient form of stimulus, because many people choose to save their additional income instead of spending it.

    If the goal is to encourage growth and employment immediately, it would be better to let the tax cuts expire and dedicate some of the increased revenue to real stimulus programs. Alternatively, if some tax cuts are extended — as it seems likely that at least those for the middle class will be — there should be provisions to eliminate them automatically when unemployment falls to a preset level.

    The Bush Tax Cuts and Fiscal Responsibility - NYTimes.com

    But economic research suggests that tax cuts, though difficult for politicians to resist in election season, have limited ability to bolster the flagging economy because they are essentially a supply-side remedy for a problem caused by lack of demand.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/11/bu...omy/11tax.html

    The truth is that there is virtually no evidence in support of the Bush tax cuts as an economic elixir. To the extent that they had any positive effect on growth, it was very, very modest. Their main effect was simply to reduce the government’s revenue, thereby increasing the budget deficit, which all Republicans claim to abhor.

    Bush Tax Cuts Had Little Positive Impact on the Economy - TheFiscalTimes.com

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #204
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Actually, they have. Seriously, read.



    BTW:

    Critics say that this amounts to increasing taxes at a time of high unemployment, and that instead the tax cuts should be extended as a stimulus measure. This overlooks the fact that tax cuts are an inefficient form of stimulus, because many people choose to save their additional income instead of spending it.

    If the goal is to encourage growth and employment immediately, it would be better to let the tax cuts expire and dedicate some of the increased revenue to real stimulus programs. Alternatively, if some tax cuts are extended — as it seems likely that at least those for the middle class will be — there should be provisions to eliminate them automatically when unemployment falls to a preset level.

    The Bush Tax Cuts and Fiscal Responsibility - NYTimes.com

    But economic research suggests that tax cuts, though difficult for politicians to resist in election season, have limited ability to bolster the flagging economy because they are essentially a supply-side remedy for a problem caused by lack of demand.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/11/bu...omy/11tax.html

    The truth is that there is virtually no evidence in support of the Bush tax cuts as an economic elixir. To the extent that they had any positive effect on growth, it was very, very modest. Their main effect was simply to reduce the government’s revenue, thereby increasing the budget deficit, which all Republicans claim to abhor.

    Bush Tax Cuts Had Little Positive Impact on the Economy - TheFiscalTimes.com
    You just don't get it nor do the liberal elite, people keeping more of their money scares the hell out of liberals as it destroys the basic reason liberals exist, power. People keeping more of their own money have the power and aren't the victims that liberals need. You bought into the rhetoric.

    I asked you a question and you ignored it. Maybe you ought to ask the same question of those liberal elites. How can govt. revenue go up AFTER tax rate cuts and based upon that reality how can tax cuts that grow govt. revenue be bad for the economy and cause deficits?

    Continue to post opinions and leftwing rhetoric, send more of your dollars to the govt, and create greater dependence on liberal social engineering.

    I posted economic growth numbers, posted govt. revenue numbers, applied logic and common sense to those numbers but apparenlty none of that is good enough for you and others who have been brainwashed by liberal rhetoric.

  5. #205
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You just don't get it nor do the liberal elite, people keeping more of their money scares the hell out of liberals as it destroys the basic reason liberals exist, power. People keeping more of their own money have the power and aren't the victims that liberals need. You bought into the rhetoric.

    I asked you a question and you ignored it. Maybe you ought to ask the same question of those liberal elites. How can govt. revenue go up AFTER tax rate cuts and based upon that reality how can tax cuts that grow govt. revenue be bad for the economy and cause deficits?

    Continue to post opinions and leftwing rhetoric, send more of your dollars to the govt, and create greater dependence on liberal social engineering.

    I posted economic growth numbers, posted govt. revenue numbers, applied logic and common sense to those numbers but apparenlty none of that is good enough for you and others who have been brainwashed by liberal rhetoric.
    nonsense. Not scared at all. I just believe in paying for what do. It's called fiscal responsibility. This requires cutting spending and raising taxes. Simple.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #206
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    nonsense. Not scared at all. I just believe in paying for what do. It's called fiscal responsibility. This requires cutting spending and raising taxes. Simple.
    Forget it Boo, the only time fiscal reasonably enters a conservative dome is around election time. That is when they start posing as the responsible party, instead of the party that brought on this Hoover like recession/depression we are…slowly pulling out of now.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  7. #207
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    nonsense. Not scared at all. I just believe in paying for what do. It's called fiscal responsibility. This requires cutting spending and raising taxes. Simple.
    Show us all the Obama fiscal responsibility? What did Obama do with the payback of TARP funding?

  8. #208
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Forget it Boo, the only time fiscal reasonably enters a conservative dome is around election time. That is when they start posing as the responsible party, instead of the party that brought on this Hoover like recession/depression we are…slowly pulling out of now.
    Show us the Obama fiscal responsibility, 3 trillion added to the debt in two years? What did Obama do with the TARP payback?

  9. #209
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Show us all the Obama fiscal responsibility? What did Obama do with the payback of TARP funding?
    Both presidents use stimulus and ran up the deficit with stimulus. And so would have McCain. So did Reagan. During hard times president have historically participated in deficit spending. This doesn't mean I agree with it, but I'm not hypocritical enough to merely blame one president due to his party.

    And as long as people like you keep asking the preisdent to fix it, regardles sor party, the president will try to limit the damage.

    But none of that has anything to do with what I'm arguing. If we care about the deficit, we need to cut spending and raise taxes. It's that simple.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #210
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Both presidents use stimulus and ran up the deficit with stimulus. And so would have McCain. So did Reagan. During hard times president have historically participated in deficit spending. This doesn't mean I agree with it, but I'm not hypocritical enough to merely blame one president due to his party.

    And as long as people like you keep asking the preisdent to fix it, regardles sor party, the president will try to limit the damage.

    But none of that has anything to do with what I'm arguing. If we care about the deficit, we need to cut spending and raise taxes. It's that simple.
    Its laughable isnít it? All of this faux reasonability out of one side of their mouth (Shooter??)and calling for extending a tax cut that will add $36 billion to the federal deficit next year from the other side of the same mouth .
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •