Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 258

Thread: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

  1. #191
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    This is part of your problem, I've made no such claim about putting anyone back to work. I said that taxes on 1% would help with the defitcit and not effect people going back to work at all.
    Do you have any idea how much money increasing the taxes on the top 1% would generate for the govt? And that is based upon that top 1% not changing their spending and saving habits. You really don't understand incentive, do you?

    The idea behind tax cuts is not to have 100 people paying $1 in taxes but having 200 people paying .75 each. That is what reducing taxes does, increases the number of taxpayers and thus why tax revenue goes up.

  2. #192
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    I'm sorry to break it to all of you who don't get it, but any tiny dip in the unemployment rate means nothing because it's just that a tiny dip.

    When we have the total number of jobs meet or exceed the total number or even 3/4 of the number of unemployed you will have something to crow about.

    Until then your blowing smoke, and I wonder what you're smoking.

    Obama if a failure and the inner circle including Rahm Emanuel, David Axlrod and the whole economic team is bailing because they see the hand writing on the wall Obama is going down in flames come the 2012 election.

    Fact is Obama is becoming the third rail of politics for Democrats in the House and Senate.

    Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.

    The only thing we have to fear is everything Obama and his cadre of henchmen, radicals, and wackos. stand for.
    Last edited by Councilman; 09-23-10 at 06:31 PM.

  3. #193
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you have any idea how much money increasing the taxes on the top 1% would generate for the govt? And that is based upon that top 1% not changing their spending and saving habits. You really don't understand incentive, do you?

    The idea behind tax cuts is not to have 100 people paying $1 in taxes but having 200 people paying .75 each. That is what reducing taxes does, increases the number of taxpayers and thus why tax revenue goes up.
    The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office predicts that the economy would be stronger with the cuts, but only through 2012, when the extra borrowing they require "would reduce or 'crowd out' investment in productive capital." Even former Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan, an early advocate of the cuts, now says Congress should let them expire.

    washingtonpost.com

    In a nod to deficit reduction, Obama did propose that lawmakers let the tax cuts expire for high-income households, couples making more than $250,000. Doing so would reduce the deficit by $678 billion from where it would be if the cuts were extended for everyone.

    Bush-ama tax cuts: The $2.2 trillion decision - May. 4, 2010

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #194
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office predicts that the economy would be stronger with the cuts, but only through 2012, when the extra borrowing they require "would reduce or 'crowd out' investment in productive capital." Even former Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan, an early advocate of the cuts, now says Congress should let them expire.

    washingtonpost.com

    In a nod to deficit reduction, Obama did propose that lawmakers let the tax cuts expire for high-income households, couples making more than $250,000. Doing so would reduce the deficit by $678 billion from where it would be if the cuts were extended for everyone.

    Bush-ama tax cuts: The $2.2 trillion decision - May. 4, 2010
    Still hanging your hat on CBO numbers, a CBO whose record isn't very good at predicting anything. Stop making a fool of yourself and use some logic and common sense for a change. You continue to buy Obama rhetoric so tell me what economic prediction Obama has made that has been accurate?

  5. #195
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Still hanging your hat on CBO numbers, a CBO whose record isn't very good at predicting anything. Stop making a fool of yourself and use some logic and common sense for a change. You continue to buy Obama rhetoric so tell me what economic prediction Obama has made that has been accurate?
    You'll notice there are two sources there, but there's nothing wrong with the CBO my lost friend.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #196
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You'll notice there are two sources there, but there's nothing wrong with the CBO my lost friend.
    I don't care how many sources you provide, it is accuracy that matters. Tell me what the CBO has been accurate on with regard to any Obama legislation?

  7. #197
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I don't care how many sources you provide, it is accuracy that matters. Tell me what the CBO has been accurate on with regard to any Obama legislation?
    Exactly. Accuracy matters. ANd the more sources you have looking at it and saying the same thing, the more likely it is accurate.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #198
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Exactly. Accuracy matters. ANd the more sources you have looking at it and saying the same thing, the more likely it is accurate.
    Do you know the difference between an op ed piece or predictions and actual results? I am still waiting for what prediction the Obama Administration or the CBO has made regarding that agenda that has been accurate?

  9. #199
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you know the difference between an op ed piece or predictions and actual results? I am still waiting for what prediction the Obama Administration or the CBO has made regarding that agenda that has been accurate?
    Sure do. And I know the difference between an expert and a hack. Between facts and opinon and between someone ignore the facts because they don't like them and someone honestly addressing them.


    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #200
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Sure do. And I know the difference between an expert and a hack. Between facts and opinon and between someone ignore the facts because they don't like them and someone honestly addressing them.

    LOL, so an expert to you is someone who makes wrong predictions? The results matter, not the predictions. You continue to post opinions that have been proven wrong with actual results yet you claim these people are experts. Is that how you operate in real life?

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •