Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 258

Thread: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

  1. #131
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I argue for cutting spending, but nothing is preventing business from moving foward. nothing. Unless you count a lack of people spending. And no one is social engineering. Anywhere.

    Really, the government can't fix all probllems. You need to stop looking for them too.

    80% of the business in this country is small business and that is the engine that isn't investing or growing due to the uncertainties of the future and costs associated with the Obama agenda. Obviously you never have run a business and thus haven't a clue as to the costs associated. No small business is going to grow in this uncertain market because it is their money they are investing, something you don't seem to understand.

    The govt. doesn't solve problems, it creates them. The way to improving the economy is for the govt. to get out of the way.

  2. #132
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    80% of the business in this country is small business and that is the engine that isn't investing or growing due to the uncertainties of the future and costs associated with the Obama agenda. Obviously you never have run a business and thus haven't a clue as to the costs associated. No small business is going to grow in this uncertain market because it is their money they are investing, something you don't seem to understand.

    The govt. doesn't solve problems, it creates them. The way to improving the economy is for the govt. to get out of the way.
    Your conclusion is wrong. They invest when people are buying. Taxes have nothing to do with it.

    And if you believe government has nothing to do with it, quit calling on them to fix it. Quit complaining.


    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #133
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    80% of the business in this country is small business and that is the engine that isn't investing or growing due to the uncertainties of the future and costs associated with the Obama agenda. Obviously you never have run a business and thus haven't a clue as to the costs associated. No small business is going to grow in this uncertain market because it is their money they are investing, something you don't seem to understand.

    The govt. doesn't solve problems, it creates them. The way to improving the economy is for the govt. to get out of the way.
    that's simply not true. if there were a demand for their products, they would find a way to meet that demand. as long as CONSUMERS aren't spending, demand is down.

    are you seriously trying to say a business would not be interested in growth because of healthcare? do you really think a business wouldn't hire an extra person, or buy an additional piece of equipment, and forego additional revenue, all because of health care? doubtful.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  4. #134
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Your conclusion is wrong. They invest when people are buying. Taxes have nothing to do with it.

    And if you believe government has nothing to do with it, quit calling on them to fix it. Quit complaining.

    When you have the threat of new regulations and new taxes, you aren't sure what your costs are going to be in the future. How can you invest when you can't even venture as guess as to what future costs will be like?

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  5. #135
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    that's simply not true. if there were a demand for their products, they would find a way to meet that demand. as long as CONSUMERS aren't spending, demand is down.

    are you seriously trying to say a business would not be interested in growth because of healthcare? do you really think a business wouldn't hire an extra person, or buy an additional piece of equipment, and forego additional revenue, all because of health care? doubtful.
    Because of cap and trade? Becausae of threats of monetary inflation? Because of threats of new regulations? Seem like good reasons to me.

    And the healthcare bill has a huge cost associated with it. Problem is, we can't predict what that cost is.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  6. #136
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Your conclusion is wrong. They invest when people are buying. Taxes have nothing to do with it.

    And if you believe government has nothing to do with it, quit calling on them to fix it. Quit complaining.

    You are absolutely right, higher taxes promote more personal income and thus more spending, LOL. The only way the govt. can solve any problem is to allow people to keep more of their income and quit calling tax cuts a cost.

    Why is it personal finances and personal logic go out the door when it comes to the Federal govt? When you are paying higher taxes is your take home pay higher or lower? When you have less income coming in do you spend more?

  7. #137
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    that's simply not true. if there were a demand for their products, they would find a way to meet that demand. as long as CONSUMERS aren't spending, demand is down.

    are you seriously trying to say a business would not be interested in growth because of healthcare? do you really think a business wouldn't hire an extra person, or buy an additional piece of equipment, and forego additional revenue, all because of health care? doubtful.
    Consumers aren't going to spend faced with higher taxes and that is always the issue. It is more than healthcare, it is the massive expansion of govt. that has to be paid for.

  8. #138
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    When you have the threat of new regulations and new taxes, you aren't sure what your costs are going to be in the future. How can you invest when you can't even venture as guess as to what future costs will be like?
    that's just silly. there is ALWAYS the chance costs could increase, for any number of reasons. just as there is always a chance of different regulation. businesses can and will plan for that.

    as for small business tax increases, where's that threat coming from...your mind?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  9. #139
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    that's just silly. there is ALWAYS the chance costs could increase, for any number of reasons. just as there is always a chance of different regulation. businesses can and will plan for that.
    Because they have the ability to plan for that! How do you plan for future tax increases and new regulations and inflation? You wouldn't even bother trying because there is such a huge possible error involved.

    as for small business tax increases, where's that threat coming from...your mind?
    Healthcare does involve tax increases for businesses, as does cap and trade. Regulations also affect small businesses.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  10. #140
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Stimulus Boosted Jobs in 2nd Quarter, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Because they have the ability to plan for that! How do you plan for future tax increases and new regulations and inflation? You wouldn't even bother trying because there is such a huge possible error involved.



    Healthcare does involve tax increases for businesses, as does cap and trade. Regulations also affect small businesses.
    essentially, what you are saying is that small business will just give up and go away because they might have to pay a bit extra. that's just not true, especailly with the breaks the obama admin wants for small business. and i didn't realize there was a tax increase to small business for healthcare, where can i find THAT information? oh, and of course regulation affects small business, always has, always will.

    this sounding of the alarm is designed to do one thing, get people to vote republican. can you give specific examples of regulation, taxes and healthcare causing small business to go under?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •