Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 649

Thread: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

  1. #71
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Actually apparently you missed a lot. Quote me once where I said the people building the Mosque are the highjackers.



    ****ing hell. did you even read my post or are you just spewing this ignorant **** out on the fly. McVeigh is a ridiculous comparison, and I just said the a christian church would be tactless and wrong if they the Klan did something actually similar to this too.



    Just because you say its what you presented doesn't make it so. You actually have to demonstrate it, which you've not. You'd know that, if you actually READ my post.
    Did you ask the questions in a void, with no link to those builing the mosque? If you did, they are pointless. They only work as a discussion point if you're linking the acts by the highjackers with Msulims and linking that to the peole building the mosque, as reason to be insulted. That's only way it works logically. otherwise, there is no point to your comments.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I wouldn't say it does. There is still a real ingorance to the protesting. The building isn't on ground zero,
    Yes it is, it was actually struck by the landing gear of one of the planes.

    Muslims didn't perpetrate 9/11 (al Qaeda did),
    The AQ operatives weren't Muslims? The AQ operatives do what they did in the name of Islam?

    and no evidence presented has shown any rational reason for the protesting.
    It's been demonstrated that this man is an Islamist who offered up apologetics for the 9-11 attacks.

  3. #73
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So I assume this egregious personal attack by you means you have nothing to contribute to the discussion? Yeah, didn't think so....buh bye now.


    j-mac
    Not a personal attack. I'm asking, WTF business is it of yours and WTF can you legally and justly do about it? Other than crying about a mosque in your oatmeal. Can you answer the question or can we just assume that you have nothing but feigned outrage at some mosque? Yeah, thought so.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #74
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ah so if someone doesn't agree with you, you think it funny to attack them personally eh....Nice.


    j-mac
    You have a very "french" definition of personal attack buddy. I asked ya some questions; questions which are pertinent to the discussion. Since when do we require any religious building to host other religions? Since when do we limit what they can talk about? That's it. Do you actually have answers for this or is all we're going to get is "Oh noes...a mosque...Sharia law.....sky...falling..."
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #75
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Sorry, Zyph, you know it, and I know it. The truth, the facts and the law are on my side.
    Yes Hazl, they are on your side for PART of what you're saying and implying.

    They're on the side of the protesters as well for PART of what they're saying and implying.

    Guess what?

    The Law is COMPLETELY 100% on my side of things for what I am saying. Which is that they should legally be allowed to build there, people should legally be allowed to protest and condemn it, and that PERSONALLY I think it shouldn't be built there.

    Newt and the far-righties have stepped in it this time, crapping on the Constitution they pretend to hold so dear.
    Wonderful, and I LOVE how you bitch about "bigoted" nature of people comdening a group for the action of a "minority of extremists" and then you proceed to degrade everyone that thinks the opposite of you on this issue based on the statements of one person, Newt Gingrich, and the opinion of an extreme minority in "the far righties".

    Your hypocrisy on this issue is pathetic.

    I define realty with truth and FACTS.

    I suggest you read up on them.
    Yes yes, I have. Please point me to what "facts" I've stated incorrect.

    Please read more carefully.

    I clearly said, IMO, the ignorant rants of those opposing the building of the Cultural Center are watered down versions of those who may advocate vandalizing the building or worse.
    Exaclty, implying that we should treat them the same way as the non-water downed versions.

    Guess what, Saying "It shouldn't be built there" is not a watered down version of "VANADLIZE THE PLACE". Those are LEAGUES apart.

    Ignorance breeds fear. Fear breeds hate. Hate breeds violence.
    Thank you yoda. Got any other retarded proverbs?

    Again, please try to make a better effort at reading and comprehending my posts before opening your mouth to reply.
    I am comprehending your posts. Its what's making me roll my eyes so much.

    I'm condemning ignorance and misinformation by the fringe-right, Newt, Sean, Glenn, and Sarah that led to the shameful protests.
    No you're not, you're making bigoted statements condemning an extremely large amount of Americans based on the comments of a few people or a small group of extremists, and then pathetically and hypocritical go about bitching about people who do the exact thing YOU'RE doing and equating them to watered down criminals.

    Maybe rather then telling others to check their reading comprehension you should actually read what you right, you may realize the irony of your posts.

    Unconditional acceptance of the law -- convenient or not. That's a conservative value. That's an American value. Liberals (think about the word) want to expand the law to new meanings based on emotions.
    Hey, Haz, where am I not accepting the law.

    Point me to it.

    QUOTE IT FOR ME.

    Guess what, here's a guy that's AGAINST THIS BUILDING! You know, that group you're repeatedly ignorantly and bigotedly trying to associate with the words of an extreme minority?

    I'm, no where, trying to talk about "expanding the law".

    Freedom of religion. Their God is as valid as your God.
    Absolutely, now could you leave your strawman that you're pummeling for a while and actually address what I'M actually saying?

    [quote]Sorry, like it or not, I'm more 'conservative' on this issue than you are.[/b]

    hahahahhahahahahahhahahahaha

    Thank you for revealing your true stance as that of a bigoted xenophobe.
    Ah, direct personal attack on me as a person. Wonderful, noted.

    "in the Name of that religion" -- it's that level of ignorance and backward fear-think, that I condemn.
    Yes, how dare I point out an actual fact. Wait, I thought you liked facts? Now you dislike facts? I'm so confused, could we get a list of when Hazlnut approves of facts and when he doesn't?

    I feel sorry for you if you can't see how screwed up that thinking is.
    I laugh at the notion of you feeling sorry for me.

    Your false analogies are just killing your own argument.
    Translation: I can't counter your argument.

    No, Newt, Sarah, Sean, and Glenn are the ones that are ginning up the stupidity going into midterms.
    Yep, and you're the one hypocritically bigotly condemning an entire section of people based on the actions of a few in the minority. At least, that's how you term it, "bigoted".

    I know you hate to admit it, but I'm more conservative on this issue than you are.
    Hold on, I need to catch my breath for this one again.


    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

    I side with the Constitution and the law... Not LIBERAL EMOTION.
    Wonderful, I side with the Constitution and the law too. Only unlike you, I'm CLEAR in saying that there should be no LAW denying them the ability to build this building. Where as YOU are the one clearly implying that the LAW should be used to silenec people protesting it as "watered down" criminals.

    Look at that, Zyph is now a Liberal.
    Yes, you can call me the Pope as well. Lets see how much that makes it a reality.

  6. #76
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Close only counts in hand grenades and nuclear bombs. And I repeat, McVey was a Christian.
    That's a lie. McVeigh was agnostic. There is nothing you can find where he proclaims he was a Christian or anything he has done that would show he is a Christian. He said he was agnostic.

  7. #77
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Zyphlin, the problem is not that every one is not reading what you posted, or not comprehending it. The problem is you are suing a tenuous chain of logic to support your position.
    Yes or no, the 9/11 attackers were inspired by, the methods acceptable becuase of, and the results justified based on the hijackers and their leaders religious beliefs?

    Its a simple yes or no. Stating its a "yes" does not necessarily mean that you agree with my point concerning the mosque. But this notion that Islam had nothing to do with 9/11 that people on this forum are trying to present is absolute bull****.

    You all trying to counter it with "OMG Christian did something bad for any reason = the same thing" is not a counter, nor accurate, as its not even what I'm stating.

  8. #78
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Yes or no, the 9/11 attackers were inspired by, the methods acceptable becuase of, and the results justified based on the hijackers and their leaders religious beliefs?

    Its a simple yes or no. Stating its a "yes" does not necessarily mean that you agree with my point concerning the mosque. But this notion that Islam had nothing to do with 9/11 that people on this forum are trying to present is absolute bull****.

    You all trying to counter it with "OMG Christian did something bad for any reason = the same thing" is not a counter, nor accurate, as its not even what I'm stating.
    And no one is saying that religion had nothing to do with it. However, if we allow that small bit into it, then we also have to allow that Christianity plays a part in our wars in the middle east. The truth is, Muslim's are not the enemy. The attack was not a Muslim attack. No one involved in the Mosque are impli8cated in the 9/11 attack. The anger is misplaced.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    It is not a talking point. It is not a mosque. It IS an Islamic Cultural Center in question. What’s being proposed is a community center with meeting rooms, a swimming pool, a day care center and auditorium as well as space for religious services

    The project was unanimously approved by the New York City board. WHY would they do that?? Seriously, stop and think. WHY would they unanimously approve it if it is what you all are believing it to be?
    They will not be offering religious services for any non-Muslim members of the community, they will be offering religious services to only Muslims, non-Muslims will be allowed entry the same as anyother Mosque so that they may receive Dawa.

    Mosque - any place of Muslim worship. A jami-masjid or Friday Mosque is a major mosque where weekly prayer services are performed and a sermon or khutbah is given.

    It's literally the textbook defintion of a Mosque.

  10. #80
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Did you ask the questions in a void, with no link to those builing the mosque?
    Yes, I did, as a means of proving the idiocy in suggesting that 9/11 isn't tied in at all to Islam.

    If you did, they are pointless.
    No, it had a direct point. To counter the notion that Islam had nothing to do with connection to 9/11

    They only work as a discussion point if you're linking the acts by the highjackers with Msulims and linking that to the peole building the mosque, as reason to be insulted.
    Exactly. That is what I'm doing. Islam was instrumental in the 9/11 attacks. As such, when combining "Muslim" and "9/11" it instills negative emotions into many people. By having a mosque whose entire purpose is to capitalize on 9/11 and its proximity to ground zero to try and perform whatever purpose its trying to perform, being so publicized and near it, that people visiting what is essentially in my mind a National Memorial are instantly being struck with those two triggers. I find doing so when its unneeded to be tactles and wrong. Moreso than that, I think doing so when you're trying to proclaim you're purpose is to "build bridges" makes ones true intentions EXTREMELY questionable.

Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •