Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 649

Thread: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

  1. #61
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    True or false - The majority of coalition forces fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan are Christian.
    Christian.

    Again, what the ****, are you people not actually READING my posts?

    Where once, ONCE did I ask "were they muslims"?

    I didn't

    The FACT they're muslims means jack **** to my argument. You don't counter my argument by going "See, someoen else is christian therefore its the same standard".

    How about actually using something that is comparable to what i said.

    True or false - A large number of coalition forces pray to a christian god regularly.
    As above.

    True or false - Some of the soldiers see themselves fighting against an evil religion(Islam).
    As above.

    Now, if you wanted ot ask me "some of these soldiers see themselves fighting agaisnt an evil religion based on their beliefs in their religions proclomation as the one true religion and find it their holy duty to fight them" THEN you may have a point.

    See, using your method, I just created a holy war in the Middle East.
    No, once again like the previous poster, you shown you can't actually answer my questions honestly because you know the conclusion for it so you have to parade forward an idiotic post like this that in no way does what my post does and then act and masquarade as if its similar in hopes that people buy the bull****.

    Here Redress, I'll give you the opening.

    Show me SPECIFICALLY where the actions in the middle east by our troops are:

    1. Justified based largely on religious doctrine or reasons
    2. Performed based largely on religious doctrine or reasons
    3. Done in such an extreme way due largely due to their belief in a religious doctrine or reasons.

    True or false - A large number of Muslims, including many/most prominent Muslims, condemned the 9/11 attack.
    Wonderful. That doesn't change the fact that Islam is directly and unquestionably tied to that attack.

    True or false - the guy proposing the mosque/community center is not in any way implicated in 9/11.
    Wonderful. That doesn't change the fact that Islam is directly and unquestionably tied to that attack.

    True or false - Most Muslims are not terrorist.
    Wonderful that doesn't change the fact that Islam is directly and unquestionably tied to that attack.

    And because Islam is directly and unquestionably tied to that attack in an extremely negative way, for many people the notion of a building going up that close to Ground Zero whose entire purpose is to use and manipulate that location to try promote and push their religion and to chastise people for not being "tolerent" while being completely intolerant and completely unempathetic to peoples emotions that are visiting said place and the, reasonable or not, emotions that certain combinations stir, is simply offensive.

    The problem here is that while it is possible to oppose the mosque without being bigoted(which is a stupid claim that those opposed all are), it is still opposing something for nothing greater than a kneejerk emotional reaction aimed at the wrong target.
    I disagree. I think its entirely reasonable and understandable to give due respect to emotions in this.
    I think doubly so when the notion of WHY the mosque is where it is is HIGHLY dubious to me based on the circumstances and I'm talking nothing about his "extremist" nature or the funding.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Two questions. WTF buisness is it of yours? WTF can you do about it? Besides sitting around bitching endlessly like a liberal.
    Oh, god; you gave me my first major laugh of the day. Thank you.

  3. #63
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    It is not a talking point. It is not a mosque. It IS an Islamic Cultural Center in question. What’s being proposed is a community center with meeting rooms, a swimming pool, a day care center and auditorium as well as space for religious services

    The project was unanimously approved by the New York City board. WHY would they do that?? Seriously, stop and think. WHY would they unanimously approve it if it is what you all are believing it to be?
    how many other faiths services will be held there?

    Mosque was the term used by Imam Rauf until it became clear to him, and liberals that was a caustic term. Now all of the sudden we are supposed to forget that the thing is a Mosque. Great.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #64
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Would that be kinda like AL Queda bombing the WTC to protest US middle east policy?
    Yes, as I said if the Klan did it based specifically on justifications and reasonings regarding their faith, much like Al queda's protest to US Middle East Policy is based off the notion that they're desecrating the "Land of Islam" and that Allah commands them to fight against such people.

  5. #65
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Two questions. WTF buisness is it of yours? WTF can you do about it? Besides sitting around bitching endlessly like a liberal.
    So I assume this egregious personal attack by you means you have nothing to contribute to the discussion? Yeah, didn't think so....buh bye now.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #66
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    It is not a talking point. It is not a mosque. It IS an Islamic Cultural Center in question. What’s being proposed is a community center with meeting rooms, a swimming pool, a day care center and auditorium as well as space for religious services
    Why are you so hesitant to call a space for islamic religious services a mosque? It's a building that will contain a mosque and all these other things you keep wanting to bring up.

  7. #67
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Oh, god; you gave me my first major laugh of the day. Thank you.
    Ah so if someone doesn't agree with you, you think it funny to attack them personally eh....Nice.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #68
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You missed a lot. As those building the Mosuque are not the highjackers,
    Actually apparently you missed a lot. Quote me once where I said the people building the Mosque are the highjackers.

    they are novated then Christans would be by the things that either the Klan or McVey were motivated by
    ****ing hell. did you even read my post or are you just spewing this ignorant **** out on the fly. McVeigh is a ridiculous comparison, and I just said the a christian church would be tactless and wrong if they the Klan did something actually similar to this too.

    So, when you use the highjackers use of religion, you are doing just what I presented.
    Just because you say its what you presented doesn't make it so. You actually have to demonstrate it, which you've not. You'd know that, if you actually READ my post.

  9. #69
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    What part of Freedom of Religion don't you understand?
    The part where its stated that Muslims practicing their constitutionally protected rights means that others have to forgoe theirs.
    Last edited by buck; 08-23-10 at 01:29 PM.

  10. #70
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Zyphlin, the problem is not that every one is not reading what you posted, or not comprehending it. The problem is you are suing a tenuous chain of logic to support your position.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •