Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 649

Thread: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

  1. #501
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Can you imagine how this would be all over the news if those being threatened were

    Nancy Pelosi not Dick Army
    Olbermann, Ed Shultz not Rush and Hannity
    MSNBC and not Fox
    Moveon.org and not Freedom Works
    So, conservatives are picked on? Would this be considered whining?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #502
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    To all terrorists worldwide...regardless of race, religion or creed...

    LOL. I wrote a song a few years ago that got quite a few laughs every time we played it.

    Taliban Mailman
    (Sung to the tune of "Let Me Be Your Mailman" by George Strait")

    Let me be a mailman down in Afghanistan
    Bringing special packages to all the Taliban
    You like to play with airplanes, well that's not very nice
    You've been messin' with my country, now it's time to pay the price

    Like the wild wild west and the pony express, I'm gonna bring you down
    Your women will be wailin' when I roll into town
    Like a man possessed, I come fully dressed to burn and slash and bash
    I'm ready to go postal, and I'm gonna kick your ass.

    Hey Mr. bin Laden this one says it's from your mom
    But what it doesn't say is that it holds an atom bomb
    I'll be out of your country, 'fore the fallout falls on me
    And I'll leave you the middle finger from the Statue of Liberty

    Like the wild wild west and the pony express, I'm gonna bring you down
    Your women will be wailin' but I won't wear a frown
    Like a man possessed, I come fully dressed to burn and slash and bash
    I'm ready to go postal, and Allah won't save your ass.

    Like the wild wild west and the pony express, I'm gonna bring you down
    Your women will be wailin' but I won't wear a frown
    Like a man possessed, I come fully dressed to burn and slash and bash
    I'm ready to go postal, and I'm gonna kick your ass.
    Allah won't save your ass.
    I'm gonna kick your ass.

    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #503
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And Beck to this day still says that the vast majority of Muslims are peaceful, moderate muslims. however, (my words now) in this day and age of caliphate by radicals across the globe aimed at western culture, and anyone who does not submit, and convert, lying is but one of their tools. Problem is that liberals are so inclined to make friends that they totally ignore that, and further, when a site like MM is your backing for your thoughts, there are more problems to your argument than just a lack of critical thinking skills, it goes to dishonesty as well.


    IMHO.


    j-mac
    My wife found a pretty interesting graphic, which looks like the perfect counter to your post.

    Last edited by danarhea; 08-26-10 at 05:57 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #504
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,472

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Here's another one.....



  5. #505
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,472

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And Beck to this day still says that the vast majority of Muslims are peaceful, moderate muslims. however, (my words now) in this day and age of caliphate by radicals across the globe aimed at western culture, and anyone who does not submit, and convert, lying is but one of their tools. Problem is that liberals are so inclined to make friends that they totally ignore that, and further, when a site like MM is your backing for your thoughts, there are more problems to your argument than just a lack of critical thinking skills, it goes to dishonesty as well.

    IMHO
    MM is the main counter to Glenn Beck. Where else would I find the truth about Glenn Beck? Duh. See, the problem with conservatives, is they can't argue the issues because of their own failed policies, so they resort to fallacious arguments like red herrings, strawmans, ad hominmems, etc. as an attempt to distract and cover up their ignorance and hypocricy. And yes, it is very dishonest.
    Last edited by Moot; 08-26-10 at 06:54 PM.

  6. #506
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Danny,


    Aq is not the only jihadist group though.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #507
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    My wife found a pretty interesting graphic, which looks like the perfect counter to your post.

    You might want to get your wife to check her figures. 18 million Muslims in America is a gross overstatement

    Estimates of Muslim population in the US range from less than three million to nine million.

    Muslims in America: Profile: Muslim American Demographics and facts.

    Country Total Population in 2008 304.5 Muslim Percentage 2.1% Muslim Population in 2008 6.42

    Muslim Population

    Did you even bother to verify that number at all?


    I'm surprised a conservative like yourself would blindly accept a far left blog's graphic without doing the slightest bit of research on it before accepting their findings
    Last edited by texmaster; 08-26-10 at 07:02 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  8. #508
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Here's another one.....



  9. #509
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York


  10. #510
    Professor
    Marilyn Monroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    03-06-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,137

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, say what you have to say to save face, but you have it backwards. Japan is the attacking group. AlQaeda is the attacking group. You seek members of those groups and not what larger groups those two might be related to. it would like saying japan is part of Asia, so all asia attacked us.
    But we aren't attacking them, we just don't want their mosque built so close to ground zero. The mosque is a reminder of Islam, and AlQaeda attacked us because of their disjointed application of Islamic law. It's too close for comfort. Plus we aren't quite sure of the Iman's motives.

    Everybody gets it. We want them to be sensitive to our feelings because many NY'ers are still living with the pain daily. If they don't want to make this exception, then I'd say they really aren't with us as comrades.
    "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens." Woody Allen.

Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •