Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 649

Thread: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

  1. #471
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Save face? You made your usual ambiguous pontifications, obfuscated and claimed victory. You talk down to those who think the mosque is in poor taste (it is) including those of us who have lost loved ones in the 911 attacks. Your snotty incoherent ramblings permeate every post you make. People stop talking to you because you are boring and rarely say anything of substance. not because you have ever won an argument here at dp or that crap hole of a forum you came from.


    If you weren't such a raving partisan hack you would see how insensitive this mosque is and the clear attempts at antagonizing this imam is engaging in. As I stated before, he has every right to put said mosque there but only a blind fool would suggest that what he's doing is anything but being an antagonistic asshole.


    Putting a mosque there is no different than putting a japanese cultural center at pearl harbor. and while you bloviate on as if you had anything substantive to say. many muslims agree the mosque there is in poor taste, including at least one on this forum hero.
    First, I haven't claimed victory. I've made an agument to which you have not actually addressed. And no, putting as the people putting up the mosque are not Al Qaeda, it would be like not allowing a Korean center because Japan attacked us for no other reason tha they worshiped similarly (assuming they do). That is the mistake you're making. You're still seeing the Muslim as someone they are not, and this is the fundamental error I'm trying to get across. korea isn't Japan. Germany isn't Chistianity. And Muslims are not Al Qaeda.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #472
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Admitting your problem is the first step. Kudos to you.





    Again introspection is a welcome change, kudos Boo.



    Great job. getting that all out. Feel better hero?




    They dispute your opinion. There is just blind partisan hackery you call "logic"...




    The Japanese citizens were not the attackers the japanese military was....





    You should probably look into a bigger bucket, yours is about full
    But Japanese citizens are part of japan. All of the ctizens are part of japan. There is NO Japnase CITIZEN who is not a Japanese citizen. And even they are not repsonisble.

    So, you then remove the people one more step. None of those building the Mosque to ou knowledge is Al Qaeda. None. Not one. No connection. Nada.

    Do you see the difference yet? Once you do, maybeyou can address it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #473
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    First, I haven't claimed victory. I've made an agument to which you have not actually addressed. And no, putting as the people putting up the mosque are not Al Qaeda, it would be like not allowing a Korean center because Japan attacked us for no other reason tha they worshiped similarly (assuming they do). That is the mistake you're making. You're still seeing the Muslim as someone they are not, and this is the fundamental error I'm trying to get across. korea isn't Japan. Germany isn't Chistianity. And Muslims are not Al Qaeda.


    blah blah blah..... You haven't made any new points, and this one of yours has already been thrashed.


    Perhaps we should put up some general custer statues on a mohawk reservations.... I mean the dood never killed any mohawks.

    That's your goof ball logic in a nutshell.







    I've brought you two, you will need them.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #474
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Monroe View Post
    I think it's the Muslims place to take the lead and be sensitive to a nation who has been kind to them in ever so many ways. After 9/11 we could have rounded them all up and given them airfare back to their beloved ME country.
    Ethnic cleansing - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

    : the expulsion, imprisonment, or killing of an ethnic minority by a dominant majority in order to achieve ethnic homogeneity
    Scary stuff dude.

  5. #475
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    blah blah blah..... You haven't made any new points, and this one of yours has already been thrashed.


    Perhaps we should put up some general custer statues on a mohawk reservations.... I mean the dood never killed any mohawks.

    That's your goof ball logic in a nutshell.







    I've brought you two, you will need them.
    I can't bring up new points until you address the old points. It is you holding it up.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #476
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Sing along, if you know the words...

    They say there are strangers who threaten us,
    In our immigrants and infidels.



    They say there is strangeness, too dangerous
    In our theatres and bookstore shelves,
    That those who know what's best for us
    Must rise and save us from ourselves.



    Quick to judge,
    Quick to anger,
    Slow to understand




    Ignorance and prejudice
    And fear


    Walk hand in hand.

  7. #477
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    But Japanese citizens are part of japan. All of the ctizens are part of japan. There is NO CITIZEN who is not a Japanese citizen. And even they are not repsonisble.

    So, you then remove the people one more step. None of those building the Mosque to ou knowledge is Al Qaeda. None. Not one. No connection. Nada.

    Do you see the difference yet? Once you do, maybeyou can address it.

    So, your argument is that all japanese were part of the japanese empire and therefore part of those who attacked pearl harbor, but Al qaeda being muslims make them not part of the overall muslim culture?


    No this is not my stance, but you are obfuscating so much I don't think even you know what you are saying at this point.


    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #478
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    I don't think you get it Rev, Americans are intolerant, bigoted, racist. Its obvious by the lack of mosques, synogagues, and churches we have accross the country. Its muslims who are tolerant peace loving people, look at the massive number of synogogues, and churches in places like Saudi Arabia and the way they welcome non muslims into Mecca and Medina. Damn intolerant racist Americans.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  9. #479
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    So, your argument is that all japanese were part of the japanese empire and therefore part of those who attacked pearl harbor, but Al qaeda being muslims make them not part of the overall muslim culture?


    No this is not my stance, but you are obfuscating so much I don't think even you know what you are saying at this point.


    you're getting closer. But looking at it backwards. Muslims as a single enity did not attack us. Al Qaeda did,a separate enity. So, al muslims would have to be part of Al Qaeda for your analogy to work. Much like all Christians would haveto be Klan members or nazis. The relgion is no more a single whole than all christans are the same.

    With a country, Japan, they are the enity that attacked, and the citizens are members of that enity. We start with the enity that ttacked. In 9/11,that would be Al Qaeda. now, like with japna, we ask who make up that enity? With japan, it is citizens. And not Korean citizens,m but limited to only Japanese citizens.

    Al qaeda may have muslims as members, like the klan has Christains, like germany had christians, but neither muslims nor christians were the attacking group. So, you're measuring backwards. Taking the small and linking it upward to a whole. Where Japan the country is the large ground going doard to it's members.

    Again, do you yet see the diference/

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #480
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    I don't think you get it Rev, Americans are intolerant, bigoted, racist. Its obvious by the lack of mosques, synogagues, and churches we have accross the country. Its muslims who are tolerant peace loving people, look at the massive number of synogogues, and churches in places like Saudi Arabia and the way they welcome non muslims into Mecca and Medina. Damn intolerant racist Americans.
    Well, when you think "NYC - Manhattan" don't you automatically think: Racist, intolerant, bigoted, islamophobic, and lacking in diversity? I know I do.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •