Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 649

Thread: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

  1. #441
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    1. mr rauf's stated purpose in building this church is to improve relations with his community

    2. he cannot accomplish his purported mission by openly and crassly OFFENDING the heartfelt sentiments of those to whom he says he wishes to reach out

    3. a lesson his mama shoulda taught him

    4. 50% of new york DEMS oppose this project

    http://maristpoll.marist.edu/wp-cont...d%20Tables.pdf

    5. indeed, nationally only 46% of DEMS believe barry hussein is a christian, down 9% since he became prez

    Poll: 1 in 5 Americans think Obama is Muslim - Washington Times

    6. why do so many people DISBELIEVE barry?

    7. worry

  2. #442
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    If somene is unjustly offended, is it possible to reach out to such a person at all?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #443
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If somene is unjustly offended, is it possible to reach out to such a person at all?


    Hi strawman of silly proportions, glad you could make it.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #444
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Good article from a local newspaper (NOT known for it's liberal slant) regarding the GZM.

    NYC neighbors OK with proposed mosque | recordonline.com


    "It's like 10 people did it and we have a billion people who love peace, so you condemn all of us?"
    Last edited by BDBoop; 08-26-10 at 01:19 PM.

  5. #445
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Hi strawman of silly proportions, glad you could make it.
    Not a strawman. The premise is based on belie=ving there is something offensive in the cneter being built there. If a Christian church was being built in a black neighborhood, would it be reasonble for blacks to suggest it is offensive because more than some klan members are Christian? Would the Church be insensitive?

    I argue no. And to even consider this being insensitive would be equal to considering all responsible for anything done by anyone professing a simimlar belief system. Such is nonsense.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #446
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not a strawman. The premise is based on belie=ving there is something offensive in the cneter being built there. If a Christian church was being built in a black neighborhood, would it be reasonble for blacks to suggest it is offensive because more than some klan members are Christian? Would the Church be insensitive?

    I argue no. And to even consider this being insensitive would be equal to considering all responsible for anything done by anyone professing a simimlar belief system. Such is nonsense.


    My bad, Not a strawman, you are correct. More like a "loaded question"....



    I don't know how to answer the rest of your post because, well, it makes little sense. Most black folk are christian.


    Tell me would a japanese cultural center built at pearl harbor be offensive?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #447
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    . Most black folk are christian.
    Oh? Really? I'm thinking not. Is there a citation for that?

  8. #448
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    My bad, Not a strawman, you are correct. More like a "loaded question"....



    I don't know how to answer the rest of your post because, well, it makes little sense. Most black folk are christian.


    Tell me would a japanese cultural center built at pearl harbor be offensive?
    Doesn't matter. Say it's in a neighbood where they aren't. Should Christians accept blame for the Klan? The question isn't all that difficult.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #449
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Doesn't matter. Say it's in a neighbood where they aren't. Should Christians accept blame for the Klan? The question isn't all that difficult.


    Tell me would a japanese cultural center built at pearl harbor be offensive?

    I've asked you this before. you simply ignore it.


    Your loaded question makes little sense and is not worthy or a retort.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #450
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Oh? Really? I'm thinking not. Is there a citation for that?


    "While African Americans practice a number of religions, Protestant Christianity is by far the most prevalent.[74] Additionally, 14% of Muslims in the United States and Canada are black.[75]"


    African American culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •