Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 649

Thread: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

  1. #411
    User Qatzel Ok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Montréal, Qc
    Last Seen
    10-08-10 @ 08:52 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    39

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellhound
    he refused to renounce...
    He refused to renounce what the Spanish Inquisition told him to, so this gives us more steam for our Crusades against "the evil ones."

    I'm so glad people didn't have Internet in the 12th Century.

    we love the material idols on TV and never question the division of labor that ruins our daily lives

  2. #412
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    how many Muslims have we helped?


    j-mac
    Avoidance.

    You have helped many.

    And I never said you killed them intentionally, but you have killed alot of innocent people in Iraq and Afghanistan.

    Not only that, but you have incarcerated indefinitely alot of innocent people at Gitmo, handed over many innocent people to foreign governments to be tortured, it's not a nice fact to face, but you did.

    Some aren't innocent I'm not maintaining that, but they have the right to have their case heard my a jury...

  3. #413
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Avoidance.

    You have helped many.

    And I never said you killed them intentionally, but you have killed alot of innocent people in Iraq and Afghanistan.

    Not only that, but you have incarcerated indefinitely alot of innocent people at Gitmo, handed over many innocent people to foreign governments to be tortured, it's not a nice fact to face, but you did.

    Some aren't innocent I'm not maintaining that, but they have the right to have their case heard my a jury...

    Problem is with you 'blame America firsters' is that you fail to take into account the good that America stands for, the good we have brought to millions across the globe.

    I got a news flash for ya jb. War is a horrible thing, it takes innocent lives, and damages things. That is just what it is. But to say that the Iraqi's or Afghanis that died over the past 9 years was for nothing, or equating it to what the terrorists did in cold blood is pathetic.

    We have incarcerated people whom we thought were enemies engaged in terror against innocent people. You hold up Gitmo as some sort of bad, or evil thing, tell me JB, is it closed yet? And why not?

    It simply astonishes me that this haggard old argument always pops up even when its relevance is questionable, but I applaud you for typing yet again the propaganda of those praying for our defeat, it shows exactly who you are regardless of what you say under your avatar.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #414
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Problem is with you 'blame America firsters' is that you fail to take into account the good that America stands for, the good we have brought to millions across the globe.
    I'm not a blame America firster, nice label.

    I know what good you stand for. But sometimes you have to aknowledge the wrong you've done as well.

    I got a news flash for ya jb. War is a horrible thing, it takes innocent lives, and damages things. That is just what it is.
    No **** sherlock. It's whether those wars are nessecary such as hmm.... Iraq.

    But to say that the Iraqi's or Afghanis that died over the past 9 years was for nothing, or equating it to what the terrorists did in cold blood is pathetic.
    That isn't what he's actually saying. Fact: You have killed more innocent muslims since 9/11 then got killed on 9/11. In fact you've lost more soldiers then people who died on 9/11.

    We have incarcerated people whom we thought were enemies engaged in terror against innocent people. You hold up Gitmo as some sort of bad, or evil thing.
    It is an evil thing. I'm sorry as painful as it is for you to think, those people in there deserve to have their cases heard by a judge and jury. If they are really terrorists, how hard could it be to prove your case?

    tell me JB, is it closed yet? And why not?
    Is it closed no. why is it not closed: Politics. I wish Obama would grow a pair and go for it anyway, but the Republicans would have a field day if he ever tried to shut it.

    It simply astonishes me that this haggard old argument always pops up even when its relevance is questionable, but I applaud you for typing yet again the propaganda of those praying for our defeat, it shows exactly who you are regardless of what you say under your avatar.

    j-mac
    Praying for your defeat? I'm one of your allies, and if me saying trial by judge and jury and presumption of innocence is propoganda well then paint me Geobells.
    Last edited by Jetboogieman; 08-25-10 at 01:13 PM.

  5. #415
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,728

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Obamanator View Post
    Thats an interesting thought. I wonder if you would support the opposition building a giant middle finger pointed at this "community center"? Would that be OK too?
    To all terrorists worldwide...regardless of race, religion or creed...


  6. #416
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post


    Weird considering I could be a fat slob with no hair who does the naked dance ritual
    But you aren't. I've seen pictures.

  7. #417
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Obamanator View Post
    In his interview on Hadiyul-Islam by Sa’da Abdul Maksoud, Abdul Rauf was asked his views on Sharia (Islamic religious law) and the Islamic state. He responded:

    "Throughout my discussions with contemporary Muslim theologians, it is clear an Islamic state can be established in more than just a single form or mold. It can be established through a kingdom or a democracy. The important issue is to establish the general fundamentals of Sharia that are required to govern. It is known that there are sets of standards that are accepted by [Muslim] scholars to organize the relationships between government and the governed."
    I would love a link, because if it is lake the last quote given, he says more that qualifies this, making it not mean what is claimed. That's the trouble with taking quotes without putting them in context.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #418
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Meaningless that he wont call a terrorist organization what it is? Explain yourself.
    Not calling something is not the same as presenting a view. He may want to avoid name calling for reasons other than he approves. It is merely a game played to avoid thinking about something beyond suface level. I can't speak for him, but I won't assume either. Not saying something is simply meaningless. We need what he actually professes.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #419
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    how many Muslims have we helped?


    j-mac
    Does that make the other not true? And must you always have to have someone throw that in when talking about the other?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #420
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I'm not a blame America firster, nice label.

    I know what good you stand for. But sometimes you have to aknowledge the wrong you've done as well.
    I sometimes think this tag line is a sign of poor nation esteem. The need to always be praised and never hear a crtical word is similar to me of an individual suffering from poor self esteem. Confident people can hear criticism and acknowledge problems without needing to be praised only.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •