Page 29 of 65 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 649

Thread: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

  1. #281
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    When this whole fiasco started, I also thought it was just the Mosque.

    But watching the sheer hatred flooding the Muslim community in US and misconception and nazi comparisons by Politicans.
    I do think it is now Anti Muslim rather than just against the Mosque.

    Sucks to be a American Muslim right now.
    I'm sorry and hope you aren't hurt in any way by all this crap.
    However, I feel the blame needs to go to the Imam who refuses to take into consideration the feeling of those who don't want it there. Also I saw his wife on TV. She's sure not helping matters either. Calling all this pure hate toward Muslims while not giving a crap about the feelings of others. Thery are NOT building bridges.

  2. #282
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    I'm sorry and hope you aren't hurt in any way by all this crap.
    However, I feel the blame needs to go to the Imam who refuses to take into consideration the feeling of those who don't want it there. Also I saw his wife on TV. She's sure not helping matters either. Calling all this pure hate toward Muslims while not giving a crap about the feelings of others. Thery are NOT building bridges.
    Should everyone always appease all illogical and unreasonable sensibilities?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #283
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    I'm sorry and hope you aren't hurt in any way by all this crap.
    However, I feel the blame needs to go to the Imam who refuses to take into consideration the feeling of those who don't want it there. Also I saw his wife on TV. She's sure not helping matters either. Calling all this pure hate toward Muslims while not giving a crap about the feelings of others. Thery are NOT building bridges.
    I'm not hurt.
    I'm British, I am not going to get any backlash unlike the American Muslims.

    The blame should be on people for making such a big deal out of this. If the media stood back and allowed the State to just quietly talk about moving the place to another place, would it have happened? I think so.
    But now its gotten to the point where if they don't move, they are building a shrine where they will most likely dance naked and do sacrifices for Osama Bin Laden and 9/11 celebrations and if they do move, they have bowed down to the racists and Islamophobes of US.


  4. #284
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Nah, we had to kill them off to make room for us True Americans.

    Please spare us the faux righteous indignation displayed here. As this country has become more divided politically, for which I thought Obama said he was going to unite us, but ah well, another thread, the slur of 'un-American' has been used by the liberal left as well to demonize any conservatives that disagree with Obama's agenda, along with the race card and a myriad of slurs designed to stifle any dissent.

    Those on the left look down their noses at anyone that strays from the narrative, and worse uses these slurs to minimize their effectiveness, while disingenuously using the same type of language themselves. So instead of this flame baiting why don't we have a real discussion about why it is that the left want's to stand behind this Mosque.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #285
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Jon Stewart, although funny, and satirical in presentation often misrepresents much through selective editing, and a room full of professional liberal joke writers designed to show the conservative movement in a foul light that at times can not only be insulting, but just down right silly and divisive. Those who get their so called news through this lens are often the same people that only listen to those arguments that agree with their own world view. As such should be dismissed.

    j-mac
    Is the person in question part owner or not. This is an easy factual question. If he is, isn't Fox as guilty as they claim the Iman to be?

    Humor, satire, works best because it is often, almost always, rooted in truth. When it's not, it doesn't work. I suggest this works because it is true.

    Prince Alwaleed bin Talal al-Saud of Saudi Arabia, through his Kingdom Holding Company, owns 7% of News Corp.'s shares, making Kingdom Holdings the second largest shareholder.[21][22][23]

    News Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #286
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Should everyone always appease all illogical and unreasonable sensibilities?
    Who says it is 'illogical or unreasonable'? Liberals? Why? Ever since this debate has had the first posting on the very first thread about it, libs like you Joe have spewed that it is illogical and unreasonable. That is YOUR opinion, not a fact, yet you use it as a tool like it is a fact.

    People have a right to their feelings, isn't that usually the mantra of the liberal left in this country? Now all of the sudden that is out of bounds? Why?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #287
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Didn't the governer offer money to move the mosque and they refused?


    while highly unconstitutional it points out that this mosque does more to damage relations than "build bridges"
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #288
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Is the person in question part owner or not. This is an easy factual question. If he is, isn't Fox as guilty as they claim the Iman to be?

    Humor, satire, works best because it is often, almost always, rooted in truth. When it's not, it doesn't work. I suggest this works because it is true.

    Prince Alwaleed bin Talal al-Saud of Saudi Arabia, through his Kingdom Holding Company, owns 7% of News Corp.'s shares, making Kingdom Holdings the second largest shareholder.[21][22][23]

    News Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    7%????? Oh my God! Are you serious? That is nothing. In fact that is the type of amount that is usually held in a portfolio of more well off persons. It isn't enough to control ANYTHING!!!!

    Shall we start looking into who owns what of say MSNBC? Or how about Sojourners? Every time Soros dirty little hand shows up in funding of various sources you dismiss it, now we need pay attention and condemn....I see.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #289
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Please spare us the faux righteous indignation displayed here. As this country has become more divided politically, for which I thought Obama said he was going to unite us, but ah well, another thread, the slur of 'un-American' has been used by the liberal left as well to demonize any conservatives that disagree with Obama's agenda, along with the race card and a myriad of slurs designed to stifle any dissent.
    I ain't on the left, champ. Not my problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Those on the left look down their noses at anyone that strays from the narrative, and worse uses these slurs to minimize their effectiveness, while disingenuously using the same type of language themselves. So instead of this flame baiting why don't we have a real discussion about why it is that the left want's to stand behind this Mosque.
    Get over yourself. None of this is going to be solved on a friggin' message board. I've enunciated my position on the mosque plenty of times, only to have straw men thrown back at me by geniuses like you, all while pretending to want an actual discussion of the issue. Nobody gives a squirt of piss what you think about it anymore for that very reason. Maybe you will figure it out one day, but I doubt it.

    Now please excuse me while I laugh at you.

  10. #290
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Who says it is 'illogical or unreasonable'? Liberals? Why? Ever since this debate has had the first posting on the very first thread about it, libs like you Joe have spewed that it is illogical and unreasonable. That is YOUR opinion, not a fact, yet you use it as a tool like it is a fact.

    People have a right to their feelings, isn't that usually the mantra of the liberal left in this country? Now all of the sudden that is out of bounds? Why?


    j-mac
    Logic and reason says. As these are not the people who attacked or perpetrated 9/11, it is illogical nd unreasonable to be offended by them, thm who are not even on grond zero.

    And while people have a right to "feelings," not to be confused with logic or reason, having feelings does not equal being reasonable or logical.

    And playing to sterotypes, pretneding they are the smae all around, is another area in which logic excapes you. Too much reading and listening to silly sources I suggest.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 29 of 65 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •