Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 649

Thread: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

  1. #11
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    I think the building of the Community Center and mosque(according to CNN) will be a difficult, but beautiful step towards forgiveness and tolerance.


    "New York (CNN) -- With chants and banners, opponents of the planned construction of an Islamic community center and mosque near ground zero faced off Sunday with demonstrators in favor of the facility. Hundreds of critics and supporters of the proposed center in New York showed up despite an overcast and drizzly sky to express their views amid the national debate over the facility. Police estimated that supporters of the center numbered up to 250, and critics numbered about 450 during the demonstration."
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  2. #12
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Why don't you start a thread to talk about that. This one already has a topic.
    You brought up Glenn. There are already many threads on the Mosque.
    This is about the protest of the mosque and the "impotent rage."
    I was comparing one protest to another protest and what I view as hypocracy on the part of the left.
    I think it fits in this thread.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    However it is those like yourself hazelnut on the liberal fringe that are defending this mosque as some sort of community center now, but any analogy you make is to a church, or synagogue. Interesting. But we can not call this mosque of conquest what it is, a mosque? why?




    What false picture are they painting, and be specific with quotes please.
    I guess I have to do your homework for you.

    Fact-checking the 'Ground Zero mosque' debate

    Here's some FACTS, I bet you didn't know:

    How near? Just over two blocks. Two long blocks, in fact. The Washington Post noted that the location is "roughly half a dozen normal lower Manhattan blocks from the site of the North Tower, the nearer of the two destroyed in the attacks.”
    Ros-Lehtinen's comments raised another highly controversial issue in this mosque debate — whether it is fair to call Rauf a "radical” who endorses extremism, or whether Crowley was more accurate calling him a "moderate.” We felt that was too subjective an issue to rate on the Truth-O-Meter, but we can add a few facts to the discussion.

    Last year, the New York Times reported that those who have worked with Rauf described him "as having built a career preaching tolerance and interfaith understanding.”

    In an interview with the New York Daily News in May, Rauf said, "We condemn terrorists. We recognize it exists in our faith, but we are committed to eradicate it.”

    "We want to rebuild this community,” Rauf said. "This is about moderate Muslims who intend to be and want to be part of the solution.”

    On Fox News recently, Abe Foxman of the Anti-Defamation League — which opposes construction of the mosque so close to Ground Zero — said that "as far as we're concerned, he is what he is, a moderate imam. He certainly has spoken out against some of the extremism in the Islamic world.”
    I don't want to post the whole article, but trust you will read it and get the facts straight in your head.


    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    is that kind of bull necessary? Why don't you try actually having a discussion instead of showing your ass all the time?
    j-mac, when your posts are based on incorrect information, then I have no choice but to dismiss you, as you're not adding anything of value to the thread. Get it?

    Try not to take it so hard. Just get better informed and know what you're talking about before you post.





    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Who's doing that? Your response seems a little defensive.
    If your question is: Who is trying to associate an entire religion with a tiny group of violent extremists-- um, let's see... Newt, Sean, Glenn... You.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    You brought up Glenn. There are already many threads on the Mosque.
    This is about the protest of the mosque and the "impotent rage."
    I was comparing one protest to another protest and what I view as hypocracy on the part of the left.
    I think it fits in this thread.
    But that's a false analogy.

    Dems aren't the only ones who believe the Constitution must trump our hate and fear of extremists. Many conservative do too. Unfortunately, too many conservatives have been misinformed by Fox and Newt; getting bad facts only corrupts the Free Speech.

    And having Glenn Beck on his soap box anywhere near the Lincoln Memorial is so laughably disturbing. Why not have Sarah Palin there, too, and completely crap on the memory of our greatest President.

  5. #15
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    I guess I have to do your homework for you.

    Fact-checking the 'Ground Zero mosque' debate

    Here's some FACTS, I bet you didn't know:





    I don't want to post the whole article, but trust you will read it and get the facts straight in your head.
    the only "fact" I need is to know that without disappointment you once again rely on biased information to make your disingenuous arguments.


    j-mac, when your posts are based on incorrect information, then I have no choice but to dismiss you, as you're not adding anything of value to the thread. Get it?
    If you would only like to have discussion with those that agree with your ludicrous premises then I suggest you are in the wrong place. Your attempts at propaganda are laughable.

    Try not to take it so hard. Just get better informed and know what you're talking about before you post.
    Take it so hard? Puhleeze. you can't argue facts, or answer questions that don't agree with you so thanks for your admission on that, and consider this a stunning record in how fast a thread/debate can be lost by the OP.

    If your question is: Who is trying to associate an entire religion with a tiny group of violent extremists-- um, let's see... Newt, Sean, Glenn... You.
    Give me some examples please, I asked that earlier, and you didn't. Should I conclude that you don't have any?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #16
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,592

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    And, as I'm sure you know, there are limits to Free Speech. Should anyone cross the line and start talking about a criminal act against the Community Center in lower Manhattan... That speech is not protected.
    And who's done that?

    What's that? No one?

    So, you must be concerned about what they might do, not what they've done. Based on nothing other than who you THINK they and how YOU think THEY think.

    Oh, lordy, lordy. How do you live with yourself, being so hateful and bigoted?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #17
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York



    How does building a Community Center over a Burlington Coat Factory effect the dignity of 9/11 victims?

    Does Bruce Springstein know that these wing-nuts have hijacked his song "Born in the USA"?

    I guess the Constitution is an inconvenient document...

    Pretty pathetic, if you ask me, that a multi-cultured country can be so racist and xenophobic.

    Check out this genius:



    Where, on the basketball court or the Child Care room?? What an idiot. Thanks Glenn and Sean for dumbing down our country and wiping your ass with the Bill of Rights. 'Freedom of Religion (except Islam)'. Idiots!
    Multiculturalism is devisive, so I guess any existence of racism should surprise you.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #18
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    But that's a false analogy.

    Dems aren't the only ones who believe the Constitution must trump our hate and fear of extremists. Many conservative do too. Unfortunately, too many conservatives have been misinformed by Fox and Newt; getting bad facts only corrupts the Free Speech.

    And having Glenn Beck on his soap box anywhere near the Lincoln Memorial is so laughably disturbing. Why not have Sarah Palin there, too, and completely crap on the memory of our greatest President.
    Lincoln wasn't our greatest president.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    But that's a false analogy.

    Dems aren't the only ones who believe the Constitution must trump our hate and fear of extremists. Many conservative do too. Unfortunately, too many conservatives have been misinformed by Fox and Newt; getting bad facts only corrupts the Free Speech.

    And having Glenn Beck on his soap box anywhere near the Lincoln Memorial is so laughably disturbing. Why not have Sarah Palin there, too, and completely crap on the memory of our greatest President.
    LOL Sarah is going to be there.
    What about Glenn's Constitutional rights? What about the incorrect facts that people are getting from MSNBC about his rally? They have called it a Tea Party event that will be filled with hate and Obama bashing. Those are total lies according to Glenn. It is supposed to be a non political event to bring people together. no signs and bring your kids.
    If you say something like "Yea, that's what Glenn says" I'll just say "yea, that's what the Imam says."
    I'm just wondering why it's ok to protest Glenn but it's somehow uncontitutional and bigotted to protest the building of a mosgue so close to ground zero that it was damaged on 9/11.
    Also their original planned opening was to be on a "special" day. 9/11/2011, 10 yrs to the day we were hit by Islamic terrorists.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Dems aren't the only ones who believe the Constitution must trump our hate and fear of extremists. Many conservative do too. Unfortunately, too many conservatives have been misinformed by Fox and Newt; getting bad facts only corrupts the Free Speech.
    The fear, ignorance and hate is spreading. Now it's not just the mosque in Manattan that's facing this ****, but across America. I fear if it does not stop, and soon, we WILL have a holy war on our hands.

    BEIRUT: The heated debate across America over the construction of the so-called ''ground zero mosque'' is reverberating across the world, with the potential to create serious diplomatic problems for the US.

    Many Muslims abroad are upset by the debate, largely conducted by non-Muslims, which has grown so loud as to become a topic of discussion from Baghdad to Berlin.

    On Sunday, the area around the proposed project, two blocks from the former World Trade Centre site, drew hundreds of opponents, some carrying signs associating Islam with blood, and depicting American flags.

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •