Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 649

Thread: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

  1. #181
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,898

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Islam is a religion, not a race.
    Jew isn't a race, either.

    Are you calling me a racist?
    I think you hold plenty of racist views, especially with regards to Muslims. I think you attempt to justify them by hiding behind the fact that "Islam is...not a race." Similar to how many attempt to hide behind Latino discrimination by claiming "Illegals aren't Mexican," a belief I'm sure you uphold as well.

    Japanese isn't a race. Tutsi isn't a race; neither is Hutu. Or Armenian. Etc...

    Many racists and apologists of racism/anti-semitism/ethno-religio-racial violence/ethnic cleansing/genocide justified their views in such ways. So this isn't a defense of your position to discriminate against Muslims' freedom to worship in any way whatsoever.
    Last edited by Khayembii Communique; 08-24-10 at 12:18 AM.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  2. #182
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    06-04-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    123

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Can you imagine how how the Libbos would treat Obama, if he were Conservative and Christian? He would be a no-count nigger, then.
    They would call him an Uncle Tom and tell him to get back on the porch. He would get the treatment Clarence Thomas gets.
    Last edited by stealthy; 08-24-10 at 12:17 AM.

  3. #183
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Jew isn't a race, either.
    Actually, it is, but have your own ignorant way.



    I think you hold plenty of racist views, especially with regards to Muslims. I think you attempt to justify them by hiding behind the fact that "Islam is...not a race."
    Islam isn't a race. It's idiotic to say that it is. I'm glad you came to accept that reality. Islam isn't a race, hence, no racism.




    Similar to how many attempt to hide behind Latino discrimination by claiming "Illegals aren't Mexican," a belief I'm sure you uphold as well.
    Now, you're just lieing through your teeth.


    Many racists and apologists of racism/anti-semitism/ethno-religio-racial violence/ethnic cleansing/genocide justified their views in such ways. So this isn't a defense of your position to discriminate against Muslims' freedom to worship in any way whatsoever.
    Not once have I said that I oppose Muslims worshiping however they please. I don't even care where they worship. I'm only opposed to building a mosque next door to Ground Zero.

    So, do us a favor and take the, "yer a racist", bull**** down the road. You know how silly you people sound when you make those accusations? Not to mention, how it does a very piss poor job of selling your point.

    BTW, the Armenian genocide of 1915? Yeah, that was done by Muslims. Why would you defend a religion that committed genocide twice in the 20th Century? First, the Armenians, then they participated in The Holocaust.
    Last edited by apdst; 08-24-10 at 12:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #184
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    06-04-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    123

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Jew isn't a race, either.



    I think you hold plenty of racist views, especially with regards to Muslims. I think you attempt to justify them by hiding behind the fact that "Islam is...not a race." Similar to how many attempt to hide behind Latino discrimination by claiming "Illegals aren't Mexican," a belief I'm sure you uphold as well.

    Japanese isn't a race. Tutsi isn't a race; neither is Hutu. Or Armenian. Etc...

    Many racists and apologists of racism/anti-semitism/ethno-religio-racial violence/ethnic cleansing/genocide justified their views in such ways. So this isn't a defense of your position to discriminate against Muslims' freedom to worship in any way whatsoever.
    Dude, we prefer law and order, but we're not bought off by this brand of intimidation. Name calling, how original.

    Calling people racist is so worn out.

  5. #185
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I would highly disagree. I would say there is still significantly strong emotions amongst people in relation to 9/11 and still a significant recognition of the day and the occurrence. For example, I know of three couples...myself included....that were nearly going to have their wedding on the second weekend of September and upon looking at the calender and seeing it was September 11th IMMEDIATELY reconsidered due to the emotions and feelings it stirred up instantly and the desire to not have that tied up with the emotions of their wedding. None of those couples lost someone in the attacks or knew someone that did. I can not fathom someone, let alone three sets of couples, 10 years after a drunk driving accident that killed say some person in school that they kind of knew of and had affected them in some way when it initially happened suddenly realizing the day they picked for their wedding coincided with the crash and thus changing it.
    Deciding not to get maried on Sept. 11th isn't the same thing as being significantly affected. That's being minimally affected. That's not wanting your anniversary darte to be 9/11.



    Is the impact of 9/11 still as sharp on people as it was the day of? No, but I'd dare say its still very present and prevelant in many peoples minds still ten years later.
    Let's be honest. It's pretty much a non-factor in most people's lives. We even done forgot to get the guy involved and nobody seems to give a ****. 9 years later and bin laden is not even talked about. Instead we're distracted with a buiunch of NONSENSe about a mosque being built a couple blocks away. It's all a load of horse****.


    Where am I saying this Mosque represents terrorism or terrorist values?
    When you said "No, its associating a religion with the actions of a group of violent extremists in the NAME OF THAT RELIGION"



    No, I'm not suggesting mosques directly are related to 9/11. I'm saying ISLAM directly is related to 9/11. I've yet to still see anyone whose shown that it isn't. All I've ever seen is people going "They're mad that we're meddling in their land or that we attacked [random middle eastern country]", however those anger issues all lead back to their religion and their belief that we're invading the "Land of Islam".
    Actually, I'd say the anger was about the meddling and that Islam has used as a means to control the "soldiers", much like religion hass been used by peopel to gain fanatical "soldiers" for centuries.



    I'm saying Islam is directly involved in the acts of 9/11. I'm saying that rightly or wrongly when many people think of 9/11 and Islam together at once, even people who at other times have a neutral to somewhat positive view of Islam, that it stirs up extremely negative and angry emotions. I'm saying as such having a mosque whose purpose is to be an activist location around 9/11, using its vicinity to 9/11 for its activist purposes, no matter the benevolent intentions (and frankly I question those intentions), is going to cause unneeded additional emotional distress and problems to individuals traveling to what is essentially a historic national site that is unneeded. Additionally, I think such will do MORE harm to the cause of Moderate Islam and acceptance of it in this country than good and thus is detrimental to their supposed cause and to what's best for the nation.

    And I disagree. I think that we have become very predjudicial against Islam in this country and that as of late this is becoming more and more acceptable to the point where open distaste is viewed as acceptable. I think we feed into the terrorists hands when we openly blame all of Islam for 9/11. Tehy point their fingers and say "We rtold you, they hate Islam, not terror".

    And its all because a few peopel choose hyperbole over reason.

    There will be no real damage done from the mosque existing 2 blocks from ground zero.



    Islam didn't cause it. Islam was instrumental in recruiting for it, fabricating a reason for it, motivating it, allowing for the methods that were used, and justifying it after the fact. Again, last I checked McDonalds don't get built because of motivation on the part of the builder to spread democracy, aren't justified in being built because democracy says its okay, not built in a such a way that it's okay because dmeocracy says so, or finds its investors by suggesting that they are doing Democracy's bidding and will have Democracies favor if they assist in building that McDonalds.
    Islam was the tool used by people who want power. It is no more to blame for the actions of those who invoke its name than Christianity is to blame for the Crusades. People will use whatever excuse they can for their bad behavior if they want to. If they can distort a bunch of religious beliefs, even better, because nothing gets someone to be more willing to die for your cause than if you convince them that they'll go to heaven by doing so.


    Wonderful. IF a majority of people who were oppressed in Russia somehow felt great emotional distress due to such an advertising campaign and the McDonalds being built there then I'd have said it was tactless to build it there as well.
    It wasn't an advertising campaign. It was what people said. You said "I've never heard anyone go "Look! McDonalds, what a shining symbol of American Democracy, what wonderous and magnificant site showing the true pillars of democracy"." just becuase you haven't heard it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

    Nope, but I'm far more likely to find a tangible example of Islam fueling the purposes, methods, and justifications of a suicide bomber then you're going to be able to find a tangible example of McDonalds actively fueling the purposes, methods, and justifications of someone purposefully spreading democracy.
    Of course you will. There are websites that are 100% dedicated to demonizing Islam as the cause of terrorism. Mcdonald's is a symbol of democracy. It was used in the cold war. Look up how McDonald's insinuated itself in the economy of the USSR and actively spread capitalistic seeds in that communist country.

    But even if we accept your premise...

    It doesn't really change my point. I would be against a McDonalds being opened as a sign of "Freedom" in an area where the majority of the people have been oppressed and feel that opening said McDonalds is hurtful and disrespectful and they don't want it there when they didn't ask for said "Freedom" nor wanted it.

    To my understanding, that wasn't the case in Russia. They were welcoming to it, and indeed it was news reporters and comments by Russians in favor of it that I believe the "taste of freedom" line was dubbed
    Russia was used as an example to show that mcdonald's is a symbol of democracy, much like an Islamic community center/mosque is a symbol of Islam.

    But since you said that the requirement for your opposition would be if it was opened in a region where "the majority of the people have been oppressed and feel that opening said McDonalds is hurtful and disrespectful", please explain how the majority of people in the US have been "oppressed" by Islam and how this community center/mosque affects that oppresion.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #186
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthy View Post
    By what you said. Parsing too.
    So simply not havingthe same view as you do on a single topic iss all that iss required to be on the left? How utterly siplistic.

    I just thought that was a stunner. It still blows me away that that happened to my country. I'm still ticked off.
    Wow, ticked off, huh?

    As I said, minimally affected on an emotional level.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #187
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,898

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Actually, it is, but have your own ignorant way.
    No it isn't; it's an ethno-religious group.

    I don't even care where they worship. I'm only opposed to building a mosque next door to Ground Zero.
    I don't know how much more blatantly contradictory you can get.

    Why would you defend a religion that committed genocide twice in the 20th Century?
    Lol now you're attempting to connect not only all Muslims to the Armenian genocide but you're also attempting to insinuate that I somehow am complicit in that because of my "defense" of Muslims (i.e. religious freedom).

    What an absolutely absurd and silly statement to make. You really are a troll.

    And by the way, I never called you a racist. I said the views you hold are racist. That is engaging in discourse and not simple name calling like you would like to belittle it as in an attempt to divert attention from your racist views.

    Also, nice job dodging my point. I'm sure while you thought it was clever most of the readers here noticed it. I wouldn't say you're too stupid to address my point, because you're obviously smart enough to know that you can't address it without being openly discriminatory.
    Last edited by Khayembii Communique; 08-24-10 at 12:41 AM.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  8. #188
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    People have the right to protest and voice their disapproval of the mosque. I disagree with their views, but I support their right to have them and protest. That's the beauty of America.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  9. #189
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,898

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York


    People have the right to protest and voice their disapproval of the mosque. I disagree with their views, but I support their right to have them and protest. That's the beauty of America.
    And if their views held sway? Would you accept the passage of some kind of resolution discriminating against Muslims in the vicinity of ground zero? Would you then recognize it as merely "their right to disapprove" or would you oppose it as a blatant act of discrimination against a religious group? When does "their right to disapprove" go too far before you cut the "freedom of speech" crap and act against the hate?
    Last edited by Khayembii Communique; 08-24-10 at 12:37 AM.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  10. #190
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthy View Post
    There's no such thing as a Christian on the left.
    I don't exist? How very Donnie Darko.

Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •