Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 649

Thread: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

  1. #171
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,881

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    The entire opposition to the Mosque is based on essentially a reincarnation of Jim Crow against Muslims. They are basically saying "you can worship just don't do it here". This argument is no different than the argument used against blacks during the Jim Crow era. The fact that these demonstrations had/have racist undertones is absolutely no surprise. They even harassed an African-American man, claiming they thought he was a Mosque supporter when in fact he never said his opinion on anything whatsoever. In reality it was because he looked like a Muslim.

    I hope the Mosque gets built just to spit in the faces of all the bigots opposing it.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  2. #172
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,296

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    The entire opposition to the Mosque is based on essentially a reincarnation of Jim Crow against Muslims. They are basically saying "you can worship just don't do it here". This argument is no different than the argument used against blacks during the Jim Crow era. The fact that these demonstrations had/have racist undertones is absolutely no surprise. They even harassed an African-American man, claiming they thought he was a Mosque supporter when in fact he never said his opinion on anything whatsoever. In reality it was because he looked like a Muslim.
    By that logic, when Muslims hold anti-Israel protests, they're implementing their own Jim Crow laws against Jews. Judging from the number of anti-Israel protests there have been in this country, Muslims are far more racist than anyone.

    Sucks when that door swings both ways. Huh?

    I hope the Mosque gets built just to spit in the faces of all the bigots opposing it.


    And, that's exactly what you'll get. The Mosque will be built to spit in the faces of the American people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #173
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    06-04-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    123

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    The entire opposition to the Mosque is based on essentially a reincarnation of Jim Crow against Muslims. They are basically saying "you can worship just don't do it here". This argument is no different than the argument used against blacks during the Jim Crow era. The fact that these demonstrations had/have racist undertones is absolutely no surprise. They even harassed an African-American man, claiming they thought he was a Mosque supporter when in fact he never said his opinion on anything whatsoever. In reality it was because he looked like a Muslim.

    I hope the Mosque gets built just to spit in the faces of all the bigots opposing it.
    I didn't believe it before, but I've now been convinced that Obama must be a muslim.

    Nothing else would engender the defence.

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthy View Post
    I didn't believe it before, but I've now been convinced that Obama must be a muslim.

    Nothing else would engender the defence.
    Really? Wow, you are EASY!

  5. #175
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    06-04-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    123

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Really? Wow, you are EASY!
    It's common sense to know that if he was Christian the left would hate him.
    Last edited by stealthy; 08-24-10 at 12:08 AM.

  6. #176
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,881

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst
    By that logic, when Muslims hold anti-Israel protests, they're implementing their own Jim Crow laws against Jews.
    Uh, no. First, I don't know who these "Muslims" are that you are referring to regarding "anti-Israel protests". When Palestinians protest the illegal and internationally condemned encroachment of Israeli settlements onto Palestinian land or an illegal blockade designed to punish a civilian populace through starvation they are doing nothing comparable to the Mosque protesters who are protesting against the rights of a religious group to worship in a geographically defined area.

    The latter is discriminatory and, for all intents and purposes, racist. Furthermore, it is blatantly against the Bill of Rights of the United States, which bars governmental discrimination based on religion.

    But we all already know you're a hyper-conservative troll who just parrots the most conservative talking points that you get from Fox and, at this rate, soon Stormfront.
    Last edited by Khayembii Communique; 08-24-10 at 12:08 AM.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthy View Post
    It's common sence to know that if he was Christian the left would hate him.
    Common sense. Riiiight. So, what with me being a Christian on the left, and pretty sure I'm not alone here - what were you saying?

  8. #178
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,296

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Uh, no. First, I don't know who these "Muslims" are that you are referring to regarding "anti-Israel protests". When Palestinians protest the illegal and internationally condemned encroachment of Israeli settlements onto Palestinian land or an illegal blockade designed to punish a civilian populace through starvation they are doing nothing comparable to the Mosque protesters who are protesting against the rights of a religious group to worship in a geographically defined area.

    The latter is discriminatory and, for all intents and purposes, racist. Furthermore, it is blatantly against the Bill of Rights of the United States, which bars governmental discrimination based on religion.

    But we all already know you're a hyper-conservative troll who just parrots the most conservative talking points that you get from Fox and, at this rate, soon Stormfront.
    Islam is a religion, not a race. It's impossible to disagree with Muslims and be a racist. Are people that badmouth Christians, racist? let me guess, "that's different"?

    But we all already know you're a hyper-conservative troll who just parrots the most conservative talking points that you get from Fox and, at this rate, soon Stormfront.
    Are you calling me a white supremist?
    Last edited by apdst; 08-24-10 at 12:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #179
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,296

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthy View Post
    It's common sense to know that if he was Christian the left would hate him.
    Can you imagine how how the Libbos would treat Obama, if he were Conservative and Christian? He would be a no-count nigger, then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #180
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    06-04-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    123

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Common sense. Riiiight. So, what with me being a Christian on the left, and pretty sure I'm not alone here - what were you saying?
    There's no such thing as a Christian on the left.

Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •