Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 649

Thread: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

  1. #131
    User Rezonator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    08-26-10 @ 12:13 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    So he lied. He's not the first religious leader to lie, won't be the last. Why is it your business?
    Because in Islam, lying to non-Muslims is a sacrament: taqiyya.

    Because Islam is a de facto political state whose purpose in the United States is the overthrow of the American government, to replace it with a totalitarian Islamic theocracy:

    “The Believers are but a single brotherhood.” —Quran 49:10

    “A Muslim has no nationality except his belief.” —Syed Qutb

    “Islam wishes to destroy all states and governments anywhere on the face of the earth which are opposed to the ideology and program of Islam regardless of the country or the nation which rules it. The purpose of Islam is to set up a State on the basis of its own ideology and program.” — Syed Abul A’ala Maududi

    Because Sharia law is the antithesis of our Constitution and the Bill of Rights, and proponents of it want the Constitution and the Bill of Rights shredded to be replaced by their "divine" Sharia law.

    Because many of us care and are not apathetic about defending our nation and principles against enemies both domestic and foreign.

    Any more questions?

  2. #132
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post



    For God's sake people, listen to the words of this man.


    j-mac
    So, just criticism equals radicalism? People with a sound self esteem can handle just criticism, weight it, and make judgements based on the legitimacy of the criticism.

    BTW, we migh twant to be able these comments in their entirity. I have a healthy skepticism of edited quotes.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #133
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Thanks, I didn't look down far enough. So he went to church as a kid then decided he was agnostic. It had nothing to do with the bombing. I found this on your Wikipedia link.

    Timothy McVeigh's Letter to Fox News
    Thursday, April 26, 2001

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    The following letter has been authenticated and was sent to Fox News Correspondent Rita Cosby. The opening statement was a photocopied statement in McVeigh's writing. The question-and-answer section following it is clearly an original version in McVeigh's writing.
    Original story at: FOXNews.com - McVeigh's Apr. 26 Letter to Fox News - U.S. & World

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Regardless of your or my personal opinion of Timothy McVeigh and his act of war against the Murrah Federal Building and occupants, his letter to Fox News is one for the history books. Please remember the famous parable that "Those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it." Doc.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I explain herein why I bombed the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City. I explain this not for publicity, nor seeking to win an argument of right or wrong. I explain so that the record is clear as to my thinking and motivations in bombing a government installation.
    I chose to bomb a federal building because such an action served more purposes than other options. Foremost, the bombing was a retaliatory strike; a counter attack, for the cumulative raids (and subsequent violence and damage) that federal agents had participated in over the preceding years (including, but not limited to, Waco.) From the formation of such units as the FBI's "Hostage Rescue" and other assault teams amongst federal agencies during the '80's; culminating in the Waco incident, federal actions grew increasingly militaristic and violent, to the point where at Waco, our government - like the Chinese - was deploying tanks against its own citizens.

    Knowledge of these multiple and ever-more aggressive raids across the country constituted an identifiable pattern of conduct within and by the federal government and amongst its various agencies. For all intents and purposes, federal agents had become "soldiers" (using military training, tactics, techniques, equipment, language, dress, organization, and mindset) and they were escalating their behavior. Therefore, this bombing was also meant as a pre-emptive (or pro-active) strike against these forces and their command and control centers within the federal building. When an aggressor force continually launches attacks from a particular base of operation, it is sound military strategy to take the fight to the enemy.

    Additionally, borrowing a page from U.S. foreign policy, I decided to send a message to a government that was becoming increasingly hostile, by bombing a government building and the government employees within that building who represent that government. Bombing the Murrah Federal Building was morally and strategically equivalent to the U.S. hitting a government building in Serbia, Iraq, or other nations. Based on observations of the policies of my own government, I viewed this action as an acceptable option. From this perspective, what occurred in Oklahoma City was no different than what Americans rain on the heads of others all the time, and subsequently, my mindset was and is one of the clinical detachment. (the bombing of the Murrah building was not personal , no more than when Air Force, Army, Navy, or Marine personnel bomb or launch cruise missiles against government installations and their personnel.)

    I hope that this clarification amply addresses your question.

    Sincerely, Timothy J. McVeigh
    USP Terre Haute (IN)
    I don't believe I claimed he bombed for religious reason. I don't even think Al Qaeda attacked for strictly religous reasons. I merely noted McVeigh was a Christian.

    Like I said above, if the klann works better for you, fine.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #134
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    For God's sake people, listen to the words of this man.


    J-mac
    There's nothing radical in that video...

    The final statement? He's talking about racial conflict and if you mention that lady who said it 30 times I don't care, she shouldn't have been fired for it. Whatever.

    The first statement, hey, it is technically true, you have killed more innocent muslims then AND LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR TO YOU!

    He STATED "Innocent non-Muslims"

    He made a joke in the second statement. Whatever, doesn't mean he approves of suicide bombers.

    Third statement, he never cast doubt on anything, I think what he says might be a good point, terrorism isn't just for the sake of terrorism, it is in the end trying to achieve an overall political goal...

  5. #135
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    There's nothing radical in that video...

    The final statement? He's talking about racial conflict and if you mention that lady who said it 30 times I don't care, she shouldn't have been fired for it. Whatever.

    The first statement, hey, it is technically true, you have killed more innocent muslims then AND LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR TO YOU!

    He STATED "Innocent non-Muslims"

    He made a joke in the second statement. Whatever, doesn't mean he approves of suicide bombers.

    Third statement, he never cast doubt on anything, I think what he says might be a good point, terrorism isn't just for the sake of terrorism, it is in the end trying to achieve an overall political goal...
    Thisis the game played that so disappoints me. The extreme effort made to misrepresent every statement into something it isn't. It keeps us divided and causes more pain where understnading might develop.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #136
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    All I can do is shake my head and feel sorry for you libs.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #137
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    All I can do is shake my head and feel sorry for you libs.


    j-mac
    And all I can do is shake my head and feel sorry for you J-Mac....

    Truly sorry for someone who has so much hate in his heart.

    Who can't see the difference between Radical Islam and Islam.

  8. #138
    User Rezonator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    08-26-10 @ 12:13 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Are you saying all muslims in SA, 3rd generation, have the same views as terrorists?
    They've held the same views for 1400 years. The Quran is the constitution of Saudi Arabia.


  9. #139
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Rezonator View Post
    They've held the same views for 1400 years. The Quran is the constitution of Saudi Arabia.

    your point?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #140
    User Rezonator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    08-26-10 @ 12:13 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9

    Re: Protesters rally against, for planned Islamic center in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Who can't see the difference between Radical Islam and Islam.
    There is no such thing as "Radical Islam," and there is no such thing as unicorns, either. It is a fiction. It is a myth. You are wholly uninformed on the subject, or you wouldn't believe in such Islamic propaganda fantasies.


Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •