Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 722

Thread: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

  1. #701
    Advisor Hikertrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    09-26-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    352

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    Considering Obama's father abandoned him before he could even walk, I would say he didn't give much to Obama.
    Obama's father was also an atheist.

  2. #702
    Advisor Hikertrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    09-26-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    352

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    You need to read up on the faith of Islam. Sons are born into the faith by their fathers. Its in the Qur'an, not something you can judge for yourself. As Graham said, he's renounced that faith for Christianity but it doesn't change the facts.
    If it's in the Qur'an pull the quote.

  3. #703
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,014

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Not according to the religions themselves.. Technically Obama was born a Muslim because his father was a Muslim. Just as if your father was a Christian, then you are born a Christian.

    But I agree fully it is something you choose now days, as those outdated practices are thankfully long gone in society as a whole... sadly some people are still brainwashed to think that they still are around.
    But his father had renounced Islam and thus was not a muslim when he had his son Barack Obama the current POTUS.

  4. #704
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    But his father had renounced Islam and thus was not a muslim when he had his son Barack Obama the current POTUS.
    His father was born a muslim... so in the eyes of the fanatics it dont matter.
    PeteEU

  5. #705
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    His father was born a muslim... so in the eyes of the fanatics it dont matter.

    Fanatics? who are they Pete?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #706
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    His father was born a muslim... so in the eyes of the fanatics it dont matter.
    How do you know what "the fanatics" think?

    Even Muslims know that religion isn't coded into genetic material.

    Franklin Graham is poorly educated .. He thinks eggs carry Judaism.

  7. #707
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    How do you know what "the fanatics" think?

    Even Muslims know that religion isn't coded into genetic material.

    Franklin Graham is poorly educated .. He thinks eggs carry Judaism.

    Oh stop it already....You think you have something cute, and biting at the same time to use against Graham as though he is here on this board reading your posts..I have asked you to qualify your claim of "poorly educated" many times in this thread, only to have you ignore it, which displays a sense of nothing to back up this flame of yours, and suggest it is only posted to bait others into an emotional response.

    I'd say that Graham's education is not the question here, what IS the thing that rubs you is religion period. You don't seem to grasp what being "born into" something is, means, or how it affects a persons thoughts, and actions later in life, regardless of their own path.

    In that vein, I would suggest that it is YOU whom is poorly educated, and has no clue what you talk about, and further, are not only anti religion, in your progressive view, but have in an ironic twist subscribed so tightly to that religion of progressivism that you no longer have the ability to objectively look at things to form your own opinion, but rather are a regurgitation machine of insult, and innuendo designed in a Sol Allenski method of puking all over a board while contributing NOTHING to any discussion you are in.

    As the line goes, we are all now dumber for having read your tripe madam, and I for one will no longer address you unless you have something useful to discuss.

    Good day.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #708
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    "Born into" doesn't work either... Obama's mother went to Seattle to go to school shortly after his birth.. She didn't live with Barak senior.

    Franklin Graham gave a vague and cheesy accusation and should be ridiculed.. People are NOT born Christian or Jewish or Muslim.



    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh stop it already....You think you have something cute, and biting at the same time to use against Graham as though he is here on this board reading your posts..I have asked you to qualify your claim of "poorly educated" many times in this thread, only to have you ignore it, which displays a sense of nothing to back up this flame of yours, and suggest it is only posted to bait others into an emotional response.

    I'd say that Graham's education is not the question here, what IS the thing that rubs you is religion period. You don't seem to grasp what being "born into" something is, means, or how it affects a persons thoughts, and actions later in life, regardless of their own path.

    In that vein, I would suggest that it is YOU whom is poorly educated, and has no clue what you talk about, and further, are not only anti religion, in your progressive view, but have in an ironic twist subscribed so tightly to that religion of progressivism that you no longer have the ability to objectively look at things to form your own opinion, but rather are a regurgitation machine of insult, and innuendo designed in a Sol Allenski method of puking all over a board while contributing NOTHING to any discussion you are in.

    As the line goes, we are all now dumber for having read your tripe madam, and I for one will no longer address you unless you have something useful to discuss.

    Good day.


    j-mac

  9. #709
    Educator

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Jordan
    Last Seen
    10-02-17 @ 06:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,220

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
    If it's in the Qur'an pull the quote.
    The accepted Islamic view is that everyone is born a muslim regardless of his parents religion thats why people revert and not convert to Islam, there are plenty authentic Ahadeeth that say the same thing for example

    Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: No babe is born but upon Fitra. It is his parents who make him a Jew or a Christian or a Polytheist. A person said: Allah's Messenger, what is your opinion if they were to die before that (before reaching the age of adolescence when they can distinguish between right and wrong)? He said: It is Allah alone Who knows what they would be doing.
    Fitra in Arabic basicly means one's pure nature or instinct, and part of that nature is belief in the one true God (Allah).

    Unlike with being born to a Jewish mother Islam is simply a belief system and not an ethnicity so Obama can't be Muslim if he says he's not, but I can see where the whole Muslim because of his father would come from
    During Muhammad's time as is the case now in most parts of the world, parents brainwash their children with their own belief systems, but since women were and still are not viewed as equals, and a man is still expected to be the "head" of a family unit, Muhammad didn't allow Muslim women to marry non Muslim men while allowing Muslim men to marry Christian/Jewish women, it was expected then that in cases where people of different faiths married, children would follow their father's traditions.

  10. #710
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Fanatics? who are they Pete?


    j-mac
    Probably the folks who still believe that Obama is an illegal alien and/or a muslim. Just a guess.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •