Page 46 of 73 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 722

Thread: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

  1. #451
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,467

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I'm not allowed to say, they have to say it was they.

    My point was if one person got so wound up on this notion my motives for the posting were, as suggested, I best nip that in the bud now with all posters.
    I guess I can understand how you must have felt. Your OP was actually pretty tame. In fact, I thought you were being too kind. LOL Anyhooo, carry on.

  2. #452
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    Because I have become convinced that the seeds of truth cannot grow in rock.

    How can you debate with people who believe things that are blatantly untrue? No matter how many facts you point out, there are folks who still believe that Obama is a Muslim and a socialist, that climate change is a myth, that evolution doesn't exist, and that all muslims are terrorists, all gays are child molesters and all blacks are racists.
    Who said that all Muslims are terrorists, Groucho, or that all Gays are child molesters and all Blacks are racist?

    Unless you can provide evidence for these claims I'd say they were blatantly untrue.

  3. #453
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,149

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    here is an excellent article in today's NYT, which castigates franklin graham's attempt to misinform
    ... “I am a devout Christian,” Obama told Christianity Today in 2008. “I believe in the redemptive death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.” That’s not enough, apparently, for Rev. Franklin Graham, the partisan son of the great evangelical leader, who said last week that Obama was “born a Muslim because of the religious seed passed on from his father.”

    Actually, he was born from two non-practicing parents, and his Kenyan father was absent for all of his upbringing. Obama came to his Christianity like millions of people, through searching and questioning
    . ...
    but it also reveals how this is the strategy of the GOP/faux news
    the conclusion:
    ... It’s one thing to forget the past, with predictable consequences, as the favorite aphorism goes. But what about those who refuse to comprehend the present?
    Building a Nation of Know-Nothings - NYTimes.com
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  4. #454
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    here is an excellent article in today's NYT, which castigates franklin graham's attempt to misinform

    but it also reveals how this is the strategy of the GOP/faux news
    the conclusion:
    Building a Nation of Know-Nothings - NYTimes.com
    Grahmn's words

    "Now it's obvious that the president has renounced the prophet Mohammed, and he has renounced Islam, and he has accepted Jesus Christ. That's what he says he has done. I cannot say that he hasn't.

    Certainly does help if you read them Bubba.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #455
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London, England and Dijon, France
    Last Seen
    03-06-11 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    598

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    Because I have become convinced that the seeds of truth cannot grow in rock.

    How can you debate with people who believe things that are blatantly untrue? No matter how many facts you point out, there are folks who still believe that Obama is a Muslim and a socialist, that climate change is a myth, that evolution doesn't exist, and that all muslims are terrorists, all gays are child molesters and all blacks are racists.
    The worst bit is their implicit belief that being a Muslim or a socialist is a bad thing in any way.

  6. #456
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Politifact took this on too: PolitiFact | Graham said the "seed of Islam" passes through the father to Obama. We found widespread disagreement.

    Blain Auer, an assistant professor of Islamic studies at Western Michigan University, said the most prominent requirement is for believers to recite the shahadah, a statement of faith that affirms "I witness that there is no god but God and Mohammed is his Messenger."

    "Franklin Graham's statement is incorrect. Islam is an act of faith, not a genetic disposition," Auer said via e-mail.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #457
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Marteau View Post
    The worst bit is their implicit belief that being a Muslim or a socialist is a bad thing in any way.
    No one said being a Muslim is bad, however how is a socialist anything but bad? How odd of you. I mean, I suppose if you think people need Gov't to survive cause they are too incapable and stupid to get by without being told how to live and what to do.. then I SUPPOSE you could think that Socialism is a good thing...
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  8. #458
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    No said it was genetic Redress, how silly of you to post worthless drivvel. More "NO NO YOU CAN'T SUGGEST OBAMA HAD ANY CONNECTION TO ISLAM!!!"

    Of course you personally are NOT a Muslim just cause your dad is, however the issue was "Seen as a Muslim" by many Muslims cause DAD WAS and the Koran suggest that is so. Yes, SOME DON'T agree with that, some Christians don't drink Wine too... your point?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  9. #459
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    No said it was genetic Redress, how silly of you to post worthless drivvel. More "NO NO YOU CAN'T SUGGEST OBAMA HAD ANY CONNECTION TO ISLAM!!!"

    Of course you personally are NOT a Muslim just cause your dad is, however the issue was "Seen as a Muslim" by many Muslims cause DAD WAS and the Koran suggest that is so. Yes, SOME DON'T agree with that, some Christians don't drink Wine too... your point?
    Those are not the words of Graham. His words: ""I think the president's problem is that he was born a Muslim, his father was a Muslim. The seed of Islam is passed through the father like the seed of Judaism is passed through the mother. He was born a Muslim..." Since Graham's words are the topic of the thread, fact checking those words is perfetly legit.

    Now, your straw man rant was entertaining, but it was a straw man, and it was an attempt to distract from the factchecking.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #460
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,149

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Grahmn's words

    "Now it's obvious that the president has renounced the prophet Mohammed, and he has renounced Islam, and he has accepted Jesus Christ. That's what he says he has done. I cannot say that he hasn't.

    Certainly does help if you read them Bubba.
    let's do examine his words
    Obama would have first had to have been a Muslim to have renounced that religion
    Renounce | Define Renounce at Dictionary.com

    what good is it doing to read graham's words if you are unable to understand them?


    and franklin graham says he has accepted God, as a born again Christian; i cannot say that he hasn't, but his actions appear to betray his words
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 46 of 73 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •