Page 27 of 73 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 722

Thread: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

  1. #261
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Hey! Thats MY take on blogger 'experts'!!!

    For what it is worth...there is a WORLD of difference between the muslim faith practices observed in the US...and England...as opposed to much of the middle east. For example..in some places Laila would be stoned (you know...the BAD kind of stoned) for reading..as would be the person that taught her...
    Well of course there is a world of difference.
    Inside the West, Islam has the opportunity and chance of being re interpreted and the liberal influences of the West has influence on Islam and its followers who make the religion what it is.
    Not to mention education is significantly higher in the West than in ME :/

    Sure I'd be stoned in Afghanistan. But I doubt it would be for reading.


  2. #262
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Well of course there is a world of difference.
    Inside the West, Islam has the opportunity and chance of being re interpreted and the liberal influences of the West has influence on Islam and its followers who make the religion what it is.
    Not to mention education is significantly higher in the West than in ME :/

    Sure I'd be stoned in Afghanistan. But I doubt it would be for reading.
    Maybe not 'just' for reading...

  3. #263
    Student prrriiide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Knoxvega$, TN
    Last Seen
    05-24-12 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    202

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's not even close to what he's referring to. Jews are a race, not a religion. Islam is a religion. That's why I can't understand how Libbos think that disliking Muslims is racism.
    Show me where Jews are genetically different that, say, Syrians or Jordanians. Or Palestinians, for that matter. YOU CAN CONVERT TO JUDAISM! For your reasoning to be true, anyone should be able to convert to African-American or East Asian. Jews are a seperate race, yet you can become one without undergoing genetic mutation?

    STOP THE PRESSES!!!
    Tax & Spend > Borrow & Spend. But it seems that now we must tax and NOT spend.

    I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

  4. #264
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Maybe not 'just' for reading...

    Yeah ... reading would be the least of my problems.
    Last edited by Laila; 08-23-10 at 09:16 PM.


  5. #265
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Question Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Actually it does yes.
    tex, I'm just sorta curious here. Laila has been studying Islam her whole life, yet you believe what she is saying is incorrect. There are only two conclusions that can be drawn here:
    1. She is ignorant, or
    2. she is lying.
    Which of these do you think is the case here?

  6. #266
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    I can't believe people still believe this. Obama went to a public school for the first half of his Elementary education, and he went to a Catholic School for the second half. He never went to an Islamic School.
    He went to a public school and a Catholic school in Indonesia which is 86% Muslim? No Islamic schooling? How odd.

  7. #267
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Here is the problem I have with Catholics asking the dead to intercede on their behalf. Only Christ rose from the dead (Maybe Enoch did too). Everybody else, Mary and the Saints included, sleep until the time of the end of days. So, basically, what is happening is that Catholics are asking dead people to intercede for them, which can't happen because they are..... uh..... dead.
    Actually, the New Testament makes it quite clear that the "souls of the just" are in Heaven.

    CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Heaven
    With God in heaven are likewise the souls of the just (2 Corinthians 5:1; Matthew 5:3, 12).
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  8. #268
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    How would you know? I mean, you are only a Muslim yourself...

    Oh wait..
    True that, but how many non-Catholics come on here and presume to tell me what Catholicism is...

    To the point, Laila is right of course... While I often disagree with her, I respect her because she is generally pretty upright in her beliefs and discussions with others...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  9. #269
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    He went to a public school and a Catholic school in Indonesia which is 86% Muslim? No Islamic schooling? How odd.
    I can't believe we are going through this again. Public schools in Indonesia are SECULAR!!!! They are NOT religious. They have religious awareness classes that are part of the national curriculum. It includes awareness of ALL FIVE officially recognized religions of Indonesia (Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Catholicism, and Protestantism). Good grief. The ignornace masquarading as knowledge on this topic is truly frustrating. For the record, I did research on the education system there as a grad student, have spend considerable time in the country and have talked to many teachers in different kinds of schools relating to school curriculum and practices.

    Obama was there in the time of Sukarno. The government at that time through the presidency of Megawati Sukarnoputri was secularism reign. President Sukarnoputri was pressured by Islamists but she held firm. Unfortunately, SBY, the current president, is not quite as firm as his predecessor. However, Obama was there decades ago, not in the present with Islamists beginning to get more sway (unfortunately) in that traditionally VERY tolerant country. Malaysia, with a far smaller Islamic population, is FAR MORE Islamic in practice than Indonesia has been.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  10. #270
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,143

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    I can't believe we are going through this again. Public schools in Indonesia are SECULAR!!!! They are NOT religious. They have religious awareness classes that are part of the national curriculum. It includes awareness of ALL FIVE officially recognized religions of Indonesia (Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Catholicism, and Protestantism). Good grief. The ignornace masquarading as knowledge on this topic is truly frustrating. For the record, I did research on the education system there as a grad student, have spend considerable time in the country and have talked to many teachers in different kinds of schools relating to school curriculum and practices.

    Obama was there in the time of Sukarno. The government at that time through the presidency of Megawati Sukarnoputri was secularism reign. President Sukarnoputri was pressured by Islamists but she held firm. Unfortunately, SBY, the current president, is not quite as firm as his predecessor. However, Obama was there decades ago, not in the present with Islamists beginning to get more sway (unfortunately) in that traditionally VERY tolerant country. Malaysia, with a far smaller Islamic population, is FAR MORE Islamic in practice than Indonesia has been.
    83% of Americans identify themselves as followers of Christ
    yet we see that it is possible for muslim students in the USA public schools to maintain their islamic faith
    why must the opposite circumstance be present in indonesia?
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 27 of 73 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •