Page 24 of 73 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 722

Thread: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

  1. #231
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,763

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    I don't subscribe to anything Zyphlin. I simply recognize what the religion says about children born into their faith.

    I find it just as rediculus to ignore how a religion views a child, NOT an adult.
    I disagree with you entirely. According to the Jewish faith, I have the right of return to Israel, because I was born of a Jewish mother. But there is a caveat here, in regard to Judaism. I would have to accept the Jewish faith in order to become Jewish. My father was a Catholic who converted to the Protestant faith. I was not brought up Jewish, and never accepted Judaism as my faith, so I am not really Jewish.

    There is a parallel here. Obama was born of an Islamic father and a Christian mother. Obama was raised Christian, and never accepted the Islamic faith. The only way to become Muslim is to state their declaraton of faith, which Obama never did, so Obama is not Muslim.

    IMHO, this attempt to link Obama to Islam is out of nothing but hatred for him. Now I don't like Obama being the president, but it is because I am opposed to his policies. However, I strongly believe that he is a Christian, and that he loves America just as much as I do. I refuse to take part in any smear campaign against him, which is what this crap about his being Islamic is really all about.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #232
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    I don't subscribe to anything Zyphlin. I simply recognize what the religion says about children born into their faith.

    I find it just as rediculus to ignore how a religion views a child, NOT an adult.
    Gotcha, so you have respect for what Islam terms an individual when it suits your purpose. If they term someone an infidel and worthy of death, that can be ignored as crazy. If they term someone as being born a muslim and thus being a muslim at one point, then we should respect that.

  3. #233
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    And to think that I said that is also silly.
    You imply someones religion doesn't matter, I was showing how you were wrong.
    Kinda why Romney will never get the GOP Nod...
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  4. #234
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,763

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    You imply someones religion doesn't matter, I was showing how you were wrong.
    Kinda why Romney will never get the GOP Nod...
    Romney chose his religion too. Besides, you never know. Romney might get the nod.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #235
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    You imply someones religion doesn't matter, I was showing how you were wrong.
    Kinda why Romney will never get the GOP Nod...
    Please show me where Obama's supposed Islamic faith influences his policy decisions.

  6. #236
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,772

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Why do you have such a problem with the facts? He was a Muslim. According to 1.5 billion Muslims and their faith, he was a Muslim.
    Let me correct you...according to Rev. F. Graham in accorance with Islamic tradition, Pres. Obama was born a Muslim and as such according to Rev. F. Graham (or atleast what he and others here are elluding to) he cannot renounce being a Muslim. Hence as I've said, "born a Muslim, always a Muslim". That's essentially what it appears to be what he's saying.

    Now he is a Christian. Nothing in what the Reverend said was false yet you obsessively cling to denying the history. Why do you resist being factually accurate about the man's past?
    I've said no such thing. In fact, I've basically said if that's how Rev. F. Graham interprets Islamic tennants then so be it. However, I'd say he is wrong if by nothing else than the very issues j-mac raised in post #198. How does one "apostasy" - turn away from - Islam yet subvert it in such a way that the deception goes un-noticed by everyone close around him? He has got to be the most public figure in the country! How does his following Islamic religious rituals go un-noticed by so many for so long? Someone has got to notice him praying, eating, sleeping, the clothes he wears, what holy book he reads. According to the 9/11 Commission report, even the 9/11 terrorist adhered to many of their Islamic customs leading up to the attacks!!! So, how does this one man's religious deeds and rituals go un-noticed by so many?

    ...........................

    Once again you rely on nothing but your own bias to support your claims. First you falsely accused me of saying things I never said and now you are using personal bias to find the "true intentions" of the Reverend. When you can rely on facts, let us know. Relying on supposition isn't an argument.
    Again, I've done no such thing. I've merely used your words as an example of how people are claiming one thing but like Rev. F. Graham, hiding their true meaning by saying something else. If you have been "caught" doing so but are attempting to hide behind Rev. F. Graham's words, then you're just as guilty in attempting to defend him. So, let me be clear...

    Even if Barrack H. Obama, Jr., was born Muslim, he has renounced the Islamic religion and has proclaimed publically to be a Christian. As such, why is defending the words of Rev. F. Graham so important to you? Why must we accept the notion of "born a Muslim, always a Muslim"? Why is this so critical particularly where the President is concerned? Are you and others who agree with Rev. F. Graham really saying that Pres. Obama can NEVER turn away from his Muslim faith under the tennants of Islam? If so, then the way I see it that's Pres. Obama's problem. I'd suggest he keep his Secret Service agents very close to deflect those stones that his fellows Muslims throw his way.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 08-23-10 at 06:39 PM.

  7. #237
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Romney chose his religion too. Besides, you never know. Romney might get the nod.
    That's aside the point Dan. Romney is a Morman, his religion is... at odds with the GOP Base as a whole. It played into his failing in 2008, but Romney Care will kill his chances in 2012.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  8. #238
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Please show me where Obama's supposed Islamic faith influences his policy decisions.
    Where did I imply that? I didn't. YOU imply that someones religion doesn't matter. I'm showing that it can and will impact a person.

    Quit trying to claim I'm implying Obama is a Muslim. ISLAMIC LAW, says he is and always will be, that's where Rev. Graham's discussion catches the most heat. You're still stuck on "OMG OMG OMG NO HE ISN'T OMG OMG OMG!!!"
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  9. #239
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I disagree with you entirely. According to the Jewish faith, I have the right of return to Israel, because I was born of a Jewish mother. But there is a caveat here, in regard to Judaism. I would have to accept the Jewish faith in order to become Jewish. My father was a Catholic who converted to the Protestant faith. I was not brought up Jewish, and never accepted Judaism as my faith, so I am not really Jewish.
    I've already documented what Islam says about children born to Muslim parents. Why you are bringing up Judaism and Catholicism makes no sense at all.

    There is a parallel here. Obama was born of an Islamic father and a Christian mother. Obama was raised Christian, and never accepted the Islamic faith. The only way to become Muslim is to state their declaraton of faith, which Obama never did, so Obama is not Muslim.
    That is patently false. You once again have not done your homework on the faith and what they believe.

    Any child of Muslim parents is considered a Muslim, and Islamic law contains precise and detailed provisions regarding children. Islam is the system of beliefs, rituals, and practices traced back to the Prophet Muhammad (c. 570632 C.E.), who reportedly started his mission in Arabia in 610 C.E. Islamic law is contained in the Muslim holy book, the Qur'an (or Koran), as revealed to Muhammad.

    Islam - Islamic Law, A Childs Upbringing, Duties of Parents, Religious Education - Encyclopedia of Children and Childhood in History and Society

    You would do well to do some basic research next time.

    IMHO, this attempt to link Obama to Islam is out of nothing but hatred for him.
    IMHO indeed.

    Now I don't like Obama being the president, but it is because I am opposed to his policies.
    We'll leave that to another time.

    However, I strongly believe that he is a Christian, and that he loves America just as much as I do. I refuse to take part in any smear campaign against him, which is what this crap about his being Islamic is really all about.
    Once again I am not saying he isn't a Christian now. In fact I've said that repeaedly if you had read you would have seen that. But that doesn't change what Islamic belief is about children or his heritage from his Muslim father to his Muslim name. Yes now he is a Christian but when he was born, given a Muslim name, the Muslim faith recognized him as a Muslim.

    This is all the Reverend said. Why you are intent on arguing basic facts is very confusing.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  10. #240
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Where did I imply that? I didn't. YOU imply that someones religion doesn't matter. I'm showing that it can and will impact a person.

    Quit trying to claim I'm implying Obama is a Muslim.
    Okay, I'm done playing word games with a person who can't spell.

    Let me know if you ever figure out what your position is, m'kay?

Page 24 of 73 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •