Page 18 of 73 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 722

Thread: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

  1. #171
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    I pulled these comments from the thread to point to out the larger issue here and that is the true purpose of this thread. It's not about discussing the tennants of Islam, but rather as justabubba said:
    You didn't prove anything. You made false charges against others and now you are trying to twist words into something that was never said.

    None of those quotes I made "impugn Obama's character"

    That is a false statement made by someone who cannot support thier own false accusatiosn with facts. I provided exactly what Islam states about children born to Muslim parents.

    That is reality. Its not a slam on Obama. Its a fact. Unless you consider the very idea he was cosidered a Muslim by that faith distasteful in any way.


    You really need to stop making false statements. It doesn't help your argument.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  2. #172
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,028

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    I don't know if Obama is a Christian or not. I tend to doubt it, but it's really not for me to say.

    I'd bet he's a helluva golfer though.

  3. #173
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Remember folks...

    You can't be born gay

    But you can be born a specific religion

    Do you even bother to do any research at all about what the faith says before making such ignorant statements?

    Regardless of whether or not that religion dictates you're "one of theirs", faith is an entirely self made entity and designation. If you have never considered yourself Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Zoroastrian, Hindu, or whatever else have you then you're not Christian, Jewish, Muslims, etc.
    Your personal opinion on what faith is doesn't change what Islam states are their beliefs. Its unbelievable in your arrogance you think your own take on religion and what it means to you supercedes what another faith says about itself.

    Amazing thing that, no "holy book" is law or some kind of definitive absolute unquestionable truth. The fact the Muslim holy book says the child of a muslim man is Muslim doesn't magically make it a universal truth.

    See, I live in America. We have this thing called freedom. I'm not going to back handed slander someone to try and benefit the idiot conspiracy theorist by insisting he is, or was, something he states he never was simply because some holy book says by their view he is. Great for them. By my view, as an American, and a belief in choice, Barack Obama has never considered himself Muslim and therefore is not muslim.
    Yes you do live in America where we respect or tolerate religious beliefs. You trying to supercede what a faith believes in with your own personal take on religion is about as intolerant and arrogant as you can get.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  4. #174
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    I think that A recent opinion by Selwyn Duke says it best....


    In reality, calling Obama a "Muslim" gives him too much credit. As G.K. Chesterton once said, "We call a man a bigot or a slave of dogma because he is a thinker who has thought thoroughly and to a definite end." The truth, however, is that few people have thought thoroughly and to a definite end. And Obama is no exception. He hasn't even thought matters through enough to understand the folly of statism. Even more to the point, he is a moral relativist, a position the antithesis of any absolutist faith. Inherent in Islam is that belief that Allah, not man, has authored right and wrong and that, consequently, it isn't a matter of opinion. Thus, Obama cannot truly believe in Islam -- or in Christianity or Judaism, for that matter.

    Oh, and since some will ask, how do I know Obama is a relativist? It's simple: Virtually all leftists are, as the denial of moral reality that is relativism lies at the heart of liberalism.

    American Thinker: The Truth about Obama's Muslim 'Faith'
    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #175
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    But it does!

    Go back and really read this thread. Then go and review commentary from other threads where the topic is along these very same lines. Listen to talk radio on the matter and really take note of what is said on the matter. Take note of when or if the host condemns the caller for wrongfully accusing the President for being a Muslim - not that he was born a Muslim under Islamic tennants or asking if he practises the Muslim faith at all but rather now "he was born a Muslim therefore he must be a Muslim" and his statements of being a Christian are just political window dressing.

    So, I ask you, texmaster to state firmly right here and now...

    "Do you believe the President is a Muslim or do you believe he is a Christian?"

    Is very plain and simple and only requires a straight-forward answer.

    Same goes for everyone else. Here, I'll start...

    I believe that the President of the United States of American, Barrack H. Obama, Jr., is a Christian.

    And if you believe as I do concerning his religious preference, you have a responsibility to denounce anyone who claims otherwise no matter how slight-of-hand their commentary may be. (That means, Mr. Vicchico, I expect you to make the same pronouncement as I have very soon based on your recent rant on the matter concerning Rev. F. Graham's song-N-dance. If not, then not only are you a hypocrit but you're a religious bigot to boot.)

  6. #176
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Yes you do live in America where we respect or tolerate religious beliefs. You trying to supercede what a faith believes in with your own personal take on religion is about as intolerant and arrogant as you can get.
    Guess what, here's a shocker

    I'M NOT MUSLIM

    So what the Muslim's holy book says, what it dictates to its followers, what it declares is IRRELEVANT to me.

    Barack Obama says he's not a Muslim. Barack Obama says he never was a Muslim. In my eyes then Brack Obama was never a muslim. I don't give a **** if Muslims say he was a Muslim in their eyes, because THEIR classification of him means jack ****. The only classification of someones religion that matters to me is their own.

  7. #177
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    You didn't prove anything. You made false charges against others and now you are trying to twist words into something that was never said.

    None of those quotes I made "impugn Obama's character"

    That is a false statement made by someone who cannot support thier own false accusatiosn with facts. I provided exactly what Islam states about children born to Muslim parents.

    That is reality. Its not a slam on Obama. Its a fact. Unless you consider the very idea he was cosidered a Muslim by that faith distasteful in any way.


    You really need to stop making false statements. It doesn't help your argument.
    Perhaps it's becasue you, like the talking heads, have continued to side-stepped the larger question:

    "Do you believe Pres. Obama is a Christian?"

    It's really just that simple. Nevermind what religion you believe he was born into. What religion do you believe the President as the man he is today worships?

    You've said what you believe the tennants of Islam say concerning birth-right lineage. You've affirmed what others think about it, but you haven't said what you believe on the issue of the President's religious preference. So, please dare to answer the question firmly and honestly.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 08-23-10 at 12:48 PM.

  8. #178
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Guess what, here's a shocker

    I'M NOT MUSLIM

    So what the Muslim's holy book says, what it dictates to its followers, what it declares is IRRELEVANT to me.

    Barack Obama says he's not a Muslim. Barack Obama says he never was a Muslim. In my eyes then Brack Obama was never a muslim. I don't give a **** if Muslims say he was a Muslim in their eyes, because THEIR classification of him means jack ****. The only classification of someones religion that matters to me is their own.
    And if you read the OP you'd see Rev. Graham calls Obama a Christian, but that would require reading past the title of the thread.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  9. #179
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Hey, I am no fan of the President, but I try to be honest about him.

    And you did make ignorance references to Indonesia. You did say that they were Islamic schools because the country is 86% Muslim without the knowledge that there are five official religions in the country... but don't let ignorance of the world's fourth largest country get in the way of a good anti-Obama rant...
    No, I didn't claim Indonesia had Islamic schools, I quoted Obama stating there were.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    And if you read the OP you'd see Rev. Graham calls Obama a Christian, but that would require reading past the title of the thread.
    This part angered me, because Graham wrapped it all up as one statement.

    "Now it's obvious that the president has renounced the prophet Mohammed, and he has renounced Islam, and he has accepted Jesus Christ. That's what he says he has done. I cannot say that he hasn't. So I just have to believe that the president is what he has said," Graham continued, adding that "the Islamic world sees the president as one of theirs."

    He SAYS he has accepted Jesus Christ. Why 'says'? Also, prefacing it with the renounced this and that makes it sound like he DID - we don't know that he did, or even needed to.

    This is just slime. They're sliming the POTUS, to advance an agenda.

Page 18 of 73 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •