Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 117

Thread: Gov't: 23K workers affected by Gulf oil drill ban

  1. #81
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,351

    Re: Gov't: 23K workers affected by Gulf oil drill ban

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You don't get it. When he does that, he sends a message to every other American that he doesn't really want to be a leader, only get re-elected. In short, if he's willing to **** can Louisiana jobs--the second blackest state in the union--for political reasons, he'll do it to anyone.
    He thinks he is smarter than everyone else, and sort of proved it by getting elected as someone who would bring the two parties together. He spins the halt to drilling as good for the environment, and screws a state ( and a govenor) he could care less about.

  2. #82
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Gov't: 23K workers affected by Gulf oil drill ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Let me spell it out for you more carefully, since you are being deliberately obtuse in the matter.
    Yeah, deliberately obtuse. Go with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    The article makes no reference to the methodology of the study, and considering that it took into account the entire oil industry in both the United States and Mexico it cannot serve as evidence of the oil industry being a bigger source of revenue than tourism for the Gulf Coast states. Show me the study itself, and/or a breakdown of the oil and tourism revenues for the Gulf Coast of the USA and I will happily concede that oil produces more revenue than tourism. But until then (I'll say it slowly) you... have... no... evidence.
    That's the best evidence there is, spanky. The report is evidently unavailable online. You should feel honored that I actually wasted my precious time looking for it.

    You will, however, be happy to know tourism is up in Florida.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Such vulgarity is really uncalled for.
    I suggest you get used to it, or find another place to post. Either way, I don't give a ****, because I'm not changing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    If you think all libertarians are right-wing corporate shills
    Straw man. Google it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    I've forgotten more about politics than you probably ever knew.

    So please enlighten me: which one of these botique branches describes you, sweetheart?

  3. #83
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Gov't: 23K workers affected by Gulf oil drill ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    I suggest you get used to it, or find another place to post. Either way, I don't give a ****, because I'm not changing.
    Just trying to offer some friendly advice, you don't have to take it. You can be as vulgar as you wish. I've noticed the people who don't abide by the forum rules don't tend to last very long, so we'll see who's the one finding another place to post...

  4. #84
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Gov't: 23K workers affected by Gulf oil drill ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Just trying to offer some friendly advice, you don't have to take it. You can be as vulgar as you wish. I've noticed the people who don't abide by the forum rules don't tend to last very long, so we'll see who's the one finding another place to post...
    Says the guy with 606 posts to the guy with 4544.....
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  5. #85
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Gov't: 23K workers affected by Gulf oil drill ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Just trying to offer some friendly advice, you don't have to take it. You can be as vulgar as you wish. I've noticed the people who don't abide by the forum rules don't tend to last very long, so we'll see who's the one finding another place to post...
    You don't even know what the ****ing rules are, fish.

    That's funny, a n00b lecturing me on forum etiquitte. Go mind someone else's business, hero.

  6. #86
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Gov't: 23K workers affected by Gulf oil drill ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post

    LOL........ like some POS article on the internet is going to over turn 6 Supreme Court opinions and 196 years of Constitutional law.

    Youss funny guy.
    So SCOTUS has ruled that babies born to American parents on American bases overseas or in US embassies over seas are not natural born?

    Care to cite the case in which they ruled that?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #87
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Gov't: 23K workers affected by Gulf oil drill ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    There aren't millions of oilfield jobs on the gulf, for starters. Secondly, the only jobs impacted by the moratorium are NEW drilling in deepwater wells. Try harder.
    You're wrong. There are literally millions of oil jobs on the gulf, for starters there are the primary jobs on the rigs. Secondly there are support jobs that swing between land/sea. Then there are the land support jobs and of course administrative, Houston is an oil town with literally millions of oilfield jobs. This is without the populations of Louisiana, Mississippi, and other southern states. So yes there are millions of oilfield jobs on the gulf without even including the service sectors that make money from those particular workers.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Gov't: 23K workers affected by Gulf oil drill ban

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    You're wrong. There are literally millions of oil jobs on the gulf, for starters there are the primary jobs on the rigs. Secondly there are support jobs that swing between land/sea. Then there are the land support jobs and of course administrative, Houston is an oil town with literally millions of oilfield jobs. This is without the populations of Louisiana, Mississippi, and other southern states. So yes there are millions of oilfield jobs on the gulf without even including the service sectors that make money from those particular workers.
    You're right. And those people aren't being affected by this moratorium. That was my point. The moratorium only applies to DRILLING NEW DEEPWATER WELLS.

    God damn.

  9. #89
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Gov't: 23K workers affected by Gulf oil drill ban

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    You're right. And those people aren't being affected by this moratorium.
    Immediately, the key omitted word is immediately. They will in fact be affected at some point in time. When the drilling slows all job growth stops, then of course there is job shrinkage because there are no rigs to service. The oilfield is a true supply chain mechanism and thus this moratorium does not exist in a vacuum. As well, once the rigs move there is no turnaround, that revenue will now belong to other countries and their workers.
    The moratorium only applies to DRILLING NEW DEEPWATER WELLS.
    No, they applied it to all new drilling, which means existing wells are stuck too. Sorry, but that isn't a minor detail and currently there are rigs sitting idle on the docks, that is a waste of resources and an eventual loss of U.S. jobs, but hey Ken Salazar and the manchild in chief are happy so I guess it's a win.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #90
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Gov't: 23K workers affected by Gulf oil drill ban

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    So SCOTUS has ruled that babies born to American parents on American bases overseas or in US embassies over seas are not natural born?

    Care to cite the case in which they ruled that?
    Find out what the conversation is before you jump in with your strawman.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •