Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 568

Thread: Nearly 1 in 5 Americans Thinks Obama Is Muslim, Survey Shows

  1. #481
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Nearly 1 in 5 Americans Thinks Obama Is Muslim, Survey Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Is Islam intertwined with politics in the countries it is practiced today?


    j-mac
    Is Christianity intertwined with right wing politics in your country that it is practised in today?

    Jet-Pack


  2. #482
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Nearly 1 in 5 Americans Thinks Obama Is Muslim, Survey Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Is Islam intertwined with politics in the countries it is practiced today?


    j-mac
    In alot of middle eastern countries yes. In most countries in the west, no.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  3. #483
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Nearly 1 in 5 Americans Thinks Obama Is Muslim, Survey Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    In alot of middle eastern countries yes. In most countries in the west, no.
    Then I can only be dumbfounded by your apparent defense of Islam through the negativity of discussion concerning Christianity. See, if mixing Christian dogma in the politics of the day back in centuries long gone, then how exactly can you watch, and in fact defend a society that does that very thing today in Islam?

    In fact, wouldn't you say that the precept of the current modern caliphate against the western culture is in the hopes that Islam can convert the west not only to Islam, but force Shria law on it as well?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #484
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Nearly 1 in 5 Americans Thinks Obama Is Muslim, Survey Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Is Christianity intertwined with right wing politics in your country that it is practised in today?
    Not in the way that Islam is a politireligious movement. Do we have Bishops in governor seats? Cardinals in congress? No. But nice try in bashing the west in a totally partisan way.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #485
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Nearly 1 in 5 Americans Thinks Obama Is Muslim, Survey Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Not in the way that Islam is a politireligious movement. Do we have Bishops in governor seats? Cardinals in congress? No. But nice try in bashing the west in a totally partisan way.


    j-mac
    Soutern Baptist Minister, Mike Huckabee.......44th Governor of Arkansas

  6. #486
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Nearly 1 in 5 Americans Thinks Obama Is Muslim, Survey Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Not in the way that Islam is a politireligious movement. Do we have Bishops in governor seats? Cardinals in congress? No. But nice try in bashing the west in a totally partisan way.


    j-mac
    Only ONE country on this planet is run as an Islamic Republic, ONE. Iran.

    Most leaders in the ME subscribe to Islamic styles as a matter of culture, but they do not want people like the Ayatollah in charge.

    What I meant J-Mac, was is policy effected by religion, especially in Right Wing Politics. It is true, there's quite a few Republican policies that are effected by religion, to think otherwise is Niave.

  7. #487
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Nearly 1 in 5 Americans Thinks Obama Is Muslim, Survey Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    The Dark Ages started because Western Rome fell, which is a reason for it being "dark". Also the plague was a huge factor, the church certainly did help with it being "dark", because they oppressed any opposing view point. Also to say that Popes didn't have any say in what Kings did is false. Popes had tremendous power, and could force kings to do things under the threat of excommunication. The Church, and politics were one in the same. There were many factors that made the dark ages "dark", it wasn't just one thing.
    The Plague occurred centuries after the end of the Dark Age. The Church didn't have such tremendous power until after the Dark Ages ended and the formation of strong centralized stated started.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  8. #488
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Nearly 1 in 5 Americans Thinks Obama Is Muslim, Survey Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Soutern Baptist Minister, Mike Huckabee.......44th Governor of Arkansas
    Chosen by the people in a free election in which there were people who were not ministers. Are you trying to say that people who are ministers and pastors don't have political rights?
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  9. #489
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Nearly 1 in 5 Americans Thinks Obama Is Muslim, Survey Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Then I can only be dumbfounded by your apparent defense of Islam through the negativity of discussion concerning Christianity. See, if mixing Christian dogma in the politics of the day back in centuries long gone, then how exactly can you watch, and in fact defend a society that does that very thing today in Islam?

    In fact, wouldn't you say that the precept of the current modern caliphate against the western culture is in the hopes that Islam can convert the west not only to Islam, but force Shria law on it as well?


    j-mac
    First off, I'm not attacking Christianity, it's just what happened. Stating facts is not attacking. Secondly, I'm not defending Islam. Do some muslims want to implement Sharia Law world wide, yes. Do most muslims want to, no. And the theocracy's in the middle east are bad, but we can't do anything about them unless they pose a significant threat to us. And even then we can't control their government after any such conflict. IMO, we dealt with the whole "war on terror" in the wrong way. Invading countries, and nation building was not the way to go. But thats another topic. Who I do defend though, is Muslim Americans, who aren't anything like the extremist in the middle east, and are generally good Americans.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  10. #490
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Nearly 1 in 5 Americans Thinks Obama Is Muslim, Survey Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Chosen by the people in a free election in which there were people who were not ministers. Are you trying to say that people who are ministers and pastors don't have political rights?
    Nope, just pointing out that politics and religion are intertwined in the US.

Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •