Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 95

Thread: Decision Not to Rebuild Church Destroyed on 9/11 Surprises Greek Orthodox Leaders

  1. #51
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Decision Not to Rebuild Church Destroyed on 9/11 Surprises Greek Orthodox Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Why should he disclose where the funding is coming from?
    Since he has connections to Hamas the question is extremely valid. Unless you don't care if the money comes from terrorist organizations like Hamas or Iran.

    Does the church "stop the presses" to tell everyone where their money comes from?
    Do you have any evidence the church is hiding their funding? Of course not.

    You're just speculating.
    Based off available facts.

    At least you stopped the ridiculous bigot personal attacks.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  2. #52
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Decision Not to Rebuild Church Destroyed on 9/11 Surprises Greek Orthodox Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Do you have any evidence the church is hiding their funding? Of course not.
    Which church do you know of that publicizes its donor list?

  3. #53
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,761

    Re: Decision Not to Rebuild Church Destroyed on 9/11 Surprises Greek Orthodox Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Hmm... wonder who's prohibiting him from raising money then. The tooth fairy?

    While Dan may want the issue to be nice and simple saying it's the Greek Orthodox issue with money, it's really not that simple. Nothing ever is... especially where downtown realestate is concerned, religion is concerned, or rebuilding and zoning laws are concerned. Yet, those of us who know better are supposed to just throw out what we know and believe it's all just about the money.
    Yea, that damn Liberal web site, FOX News, reports that they are prohibited from raising funds on the trip. I hate that damn Communist Nazi news channel.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #54
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Decision Not to Rebuild Church Destroyed on 9/11 Surprises Greek Orthodox Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Argumentum ad populum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Yea I don't care what the majority says and it proves nothing.
    Well sometimes, it just means you're wrong.

    This is one of those cases.

  5. #55
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Decision Not to Rebuild Church Destroyed on 9/11 Surprises Greek Orthodox Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Since he has connections to Hamas the question is extremely valid. Unless you don't care if the money comes from terrorist organizations like Hamas or Iran.



    Do you have any evidence the church is hiding their funding? Of course not.



    Based off available facts.

    At least you stopped the ridiculous bigot personal attacks.

    If the facts are there, why dont you people you know present them to NY port authority. Thats pretty much the legal way to stop it.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  6. #56
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Decision Not to Rebuild Church Destroyed on 9/11 Surprises Greek Orthodox Leaders

    The dreaded "I know you are but what am I" defense.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #57
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Decision Not to Rebuild Church Destroyed on 9/11 Surprises Greek Orthodox Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    The dreaded "I know you are but what am I" defense.
    Who is this directed to?
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  8. #58
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Decision Not to Rebuild Church Destroyed on 9/11 Surprises Greek Orthodox Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Since he has connections to Hamas the question is extremely valid. Unless you don't care if the money comes from terrorist organizations like Hamas or Iran.
    "Connections" is a very subjective word.
    Iran is not a terrorist organization it is a country.

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Do you have any evidence the church is hiding their funding? Of course not.
    Why should they present you with their sponsors?
    It's none of you business.

    Why do you support big government like that?

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Based off available facts.

    At least you stopped the ridiculous bigot personal attacks.
    No, you're basing it off prejudice.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  9. #59
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Decision Not to Rebuild Church Destroyed on 9/11 Surprises Greek Orthodox Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Well sometimes, it just means you're wrong.

    This is one of those cases.
    Prove it.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  10. #60
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    08-31-10 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    214

    Re: Decision Not to Rebuild Church Destroyed on 9/11 Surprises Greek Orthodox Leaders

    Islam, Sharia Law, beheadings, torture, throat-cutting: accepted.
    Greek Orthodox Church: bigotry.

    Liberal-progressives: BUILD THE MOSQUE, destroy the church.

    Liberalism + Islam = death.

    Michael Savage was right all along.
    "Sodomy is one of the most gruesome and detested crimes, the punishment for which is also one of the harshest penalties, it is the capital punishment"
    -Imam Mukhtar K. Ahmed Al-Mesalati, author of the "QURAN And Same-Sex Behavior", c. 2009

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •