Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 104 of 104

Thread: Appeals court: Stolen Valor Act unconstitutional

  1. #101
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Appeals court: Stolen Valor Act unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    That'd be nice!

    Oh - I'm all for that
    throw them all in jail then...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  2. #102
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Appeals court: Stolen Valor Act unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Well, every politician who has called Obama a socialist would be in jail, because that's a lie. What's that, Boehner? You don't think it's a lie? Well, I do. You're going to have to defend yourself in a criminal court case! If you manage to be found not guilty, I'll just comb over Media Matters and find some other thing you said that isn't true. Back to court you go!

    See how this might get out of hand?
    Do you know the difference between fact and opinion? It is something I teach my high school students. I would expect you and others on here to know the difference.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  3. #103
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Appeals court: Stolen Valor Act unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Words mean things.
    Indeed they do!

    I know the 'Obama is a socialist' was presented as an example . . . but on that particular note I think that 'socialist' is used as an insult - when really it's just a form of economics and governing which other countries live by.

    Insult? Not in my opinion . . . but not a supposed American value? Yes.

    People draw these conclusions and beliefs based on things the person says they support/don't support . . . but it's not often that people admit that those thing - even if spoken and heartfelt - don't always translate into "action"
    He can *be* a socialist in heart all he wants - what matters is his actions in that direction.

    Just like I can *be* all for abolishing the IRS or the SSA . . . or voucher-school programs. But does that mean that *everything* I do is me trying to get my beliefs to come true? No - actions matter more than beliefs or words.

    I think Obama's influence is up - it waned earlier than I expected - but the drop off in support is quite noticeable and, in fact, he's successfully pissing people off who *use* to support him.
    How he managed that I'll never know - because he's not a prick - nor is he furthering some issues that people loathed Bush for.
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 08-22-10 at 10:42 AM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  4. #104
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,742

    Re: Appeals court: Stolen Valor Act unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Do you know the difference between fact and opinion? It is something I teach my high school students. I would expect you and others on here to know the difference.
    Words mean things.

    The President's words, actions, and political platform do not conform to the definition of socialism. That's not an opinion.

    You, you are a child molestor. What? You say otherwise? You say you've never even touched a child? It's my opinion that you're a child molestor, because I'm just going to use my own method of determining what is a child molestor. The criteria: If you've ever had a child in your field of view.

    Don't you know the difference between fact and opinion?

    Words mean things.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •