Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 587

Thread: Ground Zero Mosque On The Move?

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Mosque in new york to possibly move!

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    No Muslim cares what you think about Islam and our practices so that point is moot anyway.
    It's not what I think, it's what I know, this isn't in the realm of opinion or my personal interpretation of the Koran and the Hadiths, this is the only accepted view decided through the Ijma of the Ulama in all five mainstream schools of Islamic Fiqh.

    And once again, not every Muslim does that so bundling us all as one is highly amusing but wrong.
    That says absolutely nothing about Islam, as I said those are currently the only accepted views within mainsream Islam today. Whether all Muslims believe them says nothing towards the tenets of the ideology itself anymore than a pro-choice Catholic has to say towards Catholicisms' stance on abortion.
    Last edited by Agent Ferris; 08-18-10 at 01:31 AM.

  2. #42
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,078

    Re: Ground Zero Mosque On The Move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    So I take it you would have no problem building an Orthodox Cathedral in the town of Srebrenica?
    No I do not have a problem with that. Why would I care? We do not ban catholic churches or homosexuals near preschools,day cares near elementary schools or anywhere near children just because some catholic priest and homosexuals who happened to be pedophiles molested some little boys. Maybe we should ban all white people from buying sheets just pr at least get outraged anytime a white person buys white sheets because a white supremacist former terrorist group likes to dress in sheets,
    Last edited by jamesrage; 08-18-10 at 01:40 AM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  3. #43
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Mosque in new york to possibly move!

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    It's not what I think, it's what I know, this isn't in the realm of opinion or my personal interpretation of the Koran and the Hadiths, this is the only accepted view decided through the Ijma of the Ulama in all five mainstream schools of Islamic Fiqh.
    We've had this discussion before. So let me just cut through all your BS with a simple. You are wrong. Muslims have no hierarchy of authority

    Oh and it is YOUR opinion of Islam shining through. It's the wrong interpretation but I suppose that is what it is. Have you ever even read the Qu'ran or hadiths?

    Edit: And we are getting off topic.
    Last edited by Laila; 08-18-10 at 01:38 AM.


  4. #44
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Mosque in new york to possibly move!

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    That is the reason why I would be even more pissed off about this than them building the Mosque at ground zero, it would be akin to blackmail.
    Ah.
    So if Muslims keep the Mosque on the land they bought and are legally allowed to build on. They are being insensitive bastards who wish to celebrate the 9/11.
    If Muslims with the help of the State move said Mosque and get it at a discount because of the fact they are moving when they have no legal reason to but at the request of the State in the face of opposition by voters of NY. They are blackmailers

    Such whiny people will never be pleased ....
    Which one would you prefer? Option 1 or 2?


  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Ground Zero Mosque On The Move?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    No I do not have a problem with that. Why would I care? We do not ban catholic churches or homosexuals near preschools,day cares near elementary schools or anywhere near children just because some catholic priest and homosexuals who happened to be pedophiles molested some little boys. Maybe we should ban all white people from buying sheets just pr at least get outraged anytime a white person buys white sheets because a white supremacist former terrorist group likes to dress in sheets,
    You honestly would see nothing offensive about building an Orthodox Church on the site where Serbian Orthodox Christians slaughtered thousands of innocent Bosnian Muslims?

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Mosque in new york to possibly move!

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Ah.
    So if Muslims keep the Mosque on the land they bought and are legally allowed to build on. They are being insensitive bastards who wish to celebrate the 9/11.
    If Muslims with the help of the State move said Mosque and get it at a discount because of the fact they are moving when they have no legal reason to but at the request of the State in the face of opposition by voters of NY. They are blackmailers
    Pretty much yes, they should have never tried to build the Mosque there in the first place, if the state agrees to trade the land they already purchased for the land they now intend to build on that's fine but they shouldn't be bought off.

    Such whiny people will never be pleased ....
    Which one would you prefer? Option 1 or 2?
    Option 1, atleast it isn't capitulation to emotional blackmail and a violation of church and state.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Ground Zero Mosque On The Move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    You honestly would see nothing offensive about building an Orthodox Church on the site where Serbian Orthodox Christians slaughtered thousands of innocent Bosnian Muslims?
    Why hold those who had nothing to do with it responsible?


  8. #48
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Mosque in new york to possibly move!

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Pretty much yes, they should have never tried to build the Mosque there in the first place, if the state agrees to trade the land they already purchased for the land they now intend to build on that's fine but they shouldn't be bought off.

    Option 1, atleast it isn't capitulation to emotional blackmail and a violation of church and state.
    Your constitution says otherwise. Muslims have the right to worship, the same for any other religion in US. Unless you'd like to change it ofc ...

    Good to know you support the Mosque in its current position.


  9. #49
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,078

    Re: Ground Zero Mosque On The Move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    You honestly would see nothing offensive about building an Orthodox Church on the site where Serbian Orthodox Christians slaughtered thousands of innocent Bosnian Muslims?
    No. Should be we find it offensive anytime a white person buys white sheets because a white supremacist former terrorist group likes to dress in sheets. Should we find it offensive when Catholics build a church near a daycare, preschool, elementary school, Chucky Cheese Pizza or any other building that caters to or educates children?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Mosque in new york to possibly move!

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    We've had this discussion before. So let me just cut through all your BS with a simple. You are wrong. Muslims have no hierarchy of authority
    Yep I'm just making up the terms, Ulama and Ijma, as well as, the Hanbali, Hanafi, Maliki, Shafi`i, and Jafari schools of Islamic dogma.

    Oh and it is YOUR opinion of Islam shining through.
    My opinion of the only accepted views within mainstream Islam today.

Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •