Page 29 of 59 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 587

Thread: Ground Zero Mosque On The Move?

  1. #281
    Student sokpupet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In your heart.
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 03:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    252

    Re: Mosque in new york to possibly move!

    I am confused as to why stripper joints are good.. .. ..house of worship is bad. This is such nonsense. It was a convenient wedge issue that wasn't an issue in the beginning until some blogger started this BS.



    How the "ground zero mosque" fear mongering began

    Oh ye of little faith. Little faith in the bible. Little faith in this country's constitution. Scared of the boggey.man.

  2. #282
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Mosque in new york to possibly move!

    Quote Originally Posted by sokpupet View Post
    I am confused as to why stripper joints are good.. .. ..house of worship is bad. This is such nonsense. It was a convenient wedge issue that wasn't an issue in the beginning until some blogger started this BS.

    Oh ye of little faith. Little faith in the bible. Little faith in this country's constitution. Scared of the boggey.man.
    Are you simply incapable of remembering what happened on 9/11 2001 you choose to compare strippers to the murder of 3000 people? Is your logic that far gone?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #283
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Mosque in new york to possibly move!

    Quote Originally Posted by sokpupet View Post
    I am confused as to why stripper joints are good.. .. ..house of worship is bad.
    You're right.

    Since devout muslims have a bad habit of going to strip joints the night before they commit mass murder we shouldn't have a titty-bar on Ground Zero, just like we shouldn't have a mosque memorializing their martyrdom on Ground Zero.

  4. #284
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Ground Zero Mosque On The Move?

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    This would cause me to begin to respect Islam just a tiny bit if this turns out to be true.

    Ground Zero Mosque On The Move? CBS New York- News, Sports, Weather, Traffic and the Best of NY
    A tiny bit.... really?

    Some are you a making this a huge issue, and even if they comprised with you they would just a "tin bit" of respect.

    Your respect for Islam should have nothing to do with respecting or failing to respect their rights.

    I think the guy who the Quran on 9/11 embarrassed America, but he shouldn't have lost his government job because I still respect his rights. I think it's flawed to only get angry when person rights are violated in this issue.

    And just because of this, I hope they don't move the build site. You have to learn what freedom really means.

  5. #285
    Student sokpupet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In your heart.
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 03:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    252

    Re: Mosque in new york to possibly move!

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Are you simply incapable of remembering what happened on 9/11 2001 you choose to compare strippers to the murder of 3000 people? Is your logic that far gone?
    How did I do that? I just don't agree with all the hoopla or that this is a conquest mosque for Muslims. Plus, the Muslim nation did not commit 911. The rationale for the attitudes about this is irrational. The deaths and maiming of our soldiers in two wars with countries where NONE of the terrorists were from makes NO sense. To damn near bankrupt our country by waring on two countries makes no sense. If I were one of the victims of 911 I would be rolling over in my grave at what BushCo did in my name. To think we can control or rid the world of terrorists who are Muslim is like thinking we can rid NYC of rats or Florida of Palmetto bugs. All we did was stir up a hornet's nest of epic proportion.

  6. #286
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Mosque in new york to possibly move!

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Then why are Muslim groups saying not to build there?


    YouTube - O'Reilly Factor: Raheel Raza Speaks Out Against 9/11 Mosque
    There are also 9/11 families who support the Mosque, and a way more Muslims who support the mosque.. why does anybody's feelings matter?

    It doesn't make building the mosque less valid because a couple of Muslims are against it.. The fact is, it's an issue or respecting the constitutional rights of a specific group.. and I am not surprised that some in the minority want to appease the majority. Because there is actually a lot of racism going on, if you care to admit it or not. Those Muslims are just mistaken by their believe if they appease you guys, then you will respect their religion more....

    Everybody has an opinion... but those people are idiots for thinking theirs is more important and should take precedent above the rights of others..

  7. #287
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Ground Zero Mosque On The Move?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Some are you a making this a huge issue, and even if they comprised with you they would just a "tin bit" of respect.
    look in a mirror and say that

  8. #288
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Mosque in new york to possibly move!

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    why does (sic) anybody's feelings matter?
    because mr rauf's stated purpose is to improve relations, silly

  9. #289
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Mosque in new york to possibly move!

    Quote Originally Posted by sokpupet View Post
    I am confused as to why stripper joints are good.. .. ..house of worship is bad. This is such nonsense. It was a convenient wedge issue that wasn't an issue in the beginning until some blogger started this BS.

    True enough that in 2009 before all was known about the Mosque, and the Imam behind it, there wasn't sufficient evidence to show anything out of the ordinary in this, and many considered it would be taken care of locally. After all, a Mosque so close, and so offensive to those that lost loved ones couldn't really be promoted forward by a so called "Moderate" Imam that want's to promote peace, and understanding could it?

    Answer: Yes, and a total turning of his back on the moral question of whether in the interest of what he says his Mosque represents would be moved. In his silent jihad he is resisting that move which would further what he says he want's to do, and bring good will his way. So why not just move it?

    How the "ground zero mosque" fear mongering began

    Oh ye of little faith. Little faith in the bible. Little faith in this country's constitution. Scared of the boggey.man.
    You really want to quote Salon in your argument? They are among the most intolerant of leftist rags out there...So Mr. "Centrist", Mr. "Moderate" tell me, how in the heck does this now promote any other feeling in this country other than a Mosque of Conquest, like its name sake Cordoba...And who do you think is going to actually build it? It is one thing to say what you do, quite another to see it built in a Union trade town who's workers vow not to build it.

    The concern is warranted.....

    An undercover survey of more than 100 mosques and Islamic schools in America has exposed widespread radicalism, including the alarming finding that 3 in 4 Islamic centers are hotbeds of anti-Western extremism, WND has learned.

    The Mapping Sharia in America Project, sponsored by the Washington-based Center for Security Policy, has trained former counterintelligence and counterterrorism agents from the FBI, CIA and U.S. military, who are skilled in Arabic and Urdu, to conduct undercover reconnaissance at some 2,300 mosques and Islamic centers and schools across the country.

    "So far of 100 mapped, 75 should be on a watchlist," an official familiar with the project said.

    Study: 3 in 4 U.S. mosques preach anti-West extremism

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #290
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Ground Zero Mosque On The Move?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    look in a mirror and say that
    I think you're headed down the same path on this thread...

    "look in the mirror".. I have

    I don't feel I am disrespecting anybodies constitutional rights and asking them to refrain from practicing them, because of ME. Freedom of speech isn't easy to support sometimes.. but I am doing it.

    I think you have the right to protest, but at the end of the day... you really have to realise it is their rights and their property. You wouldn't like the shoe being on the other foot.

    Demanding them to move the mosque is as insane as them demanding you stop protesting..

    Look guys, we respect your rights to protest but out of respect for us and our supporters, and doing what is right... we ask that you please refrain. Protesting is provocation and unnecessary, and you are stoking violence and leading mosque burnings across USA.

    OMG stop protesting now! You disgusting protests.. just stfu already
    Last edited by SheWolf; 09-18-10 at 06:55 PM.

Page 29 of 59 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •