Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 587

Thread: Ground Zero Mosque On The Move?

  1. #91
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    08-31-10 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    214

    Re: Ground Zero Mosque On The Move?

    You mean you don't want us to vote for Republicans? We're already one step ahead of you!

    Liberal-progressives are usually on the wrong side of issues.

    Your side is for the bigoted, hateful, HOMOPHOBIC anti-Jewish HATE MOSQUE led by an anti-Semitic, bigoted, homophobic "Imam" who is currently raising money for his Hate Temple in Saudi Arabia from Wahhabist sources, who recently told Reuters and the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) that " ... the mosque in New York represents our victory, Imam Bin Laden's victory, the victory of A'llah and the Qu'ran against Zionism."

    Fully knowing that the Hate Mosque will house a homophobic, anti-gay, bigoted, "Islamic ex-gay ministry" ... you still suppport it.

    Many liberal-progressives have themselves, become the hate-filled, racist, homophobic bigots they claim Republicans are.

    Sharia Law = death to homosexuals.

    President Obama = supports Sharia Law.
    "Sodomy is one of the most gruesome and detested crimes, the punishment for which is also one of the harshest penalties, it is the capital punishment"
    -Imam Mukhtar K. Ahmed Al-Mesalati, author of the "QURAN And Same-Sex Behavior", c. 2009

  2. #92
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Mosque in new york to possibly move!

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Your commentary speaks to the exact issue I'm concerned about. What about the opposite affect?

    "They denied the right to build a mosque under their own laws, under their own system of democracy, in the face of their own Constitution. They are as we've said they are, a bunch of hypocrites who can't even follow their own system of democracy but they expect us to abid by it. Stand up in revolt against these infidels!"

    Can you see where this could be leading? Can you see how this emboddings them much more than if we allow the mosque to be built? Let law enforcement do their due diligence. I'd rather catch them doing wrong and throw that back at them than to deny them while following the laws in our land yet make them stonger and more daring from within and abroad.

    "Keep your friends close and your enemy closer."
    If we told them "NO" outright then I could see your point.

  3. #93
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: Ground Zero Mosque On The Move?

    In case you didn't know GayLib, if it weren't for liberals, slavery would still exist in the United States, women wouldn't still be allowed to vote, the civil rights movement would have never happened and gays wouldn't be able to marry in 5 U.S. states and soon to be six (CA). Do you think it was conservatives who were behind all of those movements? HA! The history of the conservative movements in this country have always had one agenda, to keep White, Christian, heterosexual Males at the top of the American hierarchy and to discriminate against everyone else.

    You sir, need to learn a little more about politics.

  4. #94
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Mosque in new york to possibly move!

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    If we told them "NO" outright then I could see your point.
    Exactly! That's why you tell them "YES" because they've followed our laws and until proven otherwise are upholding to the value of one of our basic 1st Amendment rights. Until proven otherwise, you have to let this mosque be built for the greater good. It really doesn't serve our national security interest nor preserve our character abroad by conducting ourselves this way. There's a much bigger issue at stake here than just how we feel concerning the 9/11 victims and their families. Again, I feel for them. God knows I do, but I can see the larger issue here.

    We lose ourselves if we deny them the very basic rights under the law we expect for ourselves. This isn't a Liberal thing. It's not a Republican thing. It's an American democracy thing!! To lose sight of that means we may as well stop trying to show the world we are the example for spreading same around the world.

    Open your eyes, people. Lay aside your hate. Be watchful. Be mindful. Be vigilent. But don't be afraid.

    This article illustrates exactly what I'm talking about when I say it's not just about the 9/11 victims and their families anymore. Notice the sign the lady is holding and where the protest is being held.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 08-18-10 at 01:38 PM.

  5. #95
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Mosque in new york to possibly move!

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Exactly! That's why you tell them "YES" because they've followed our laws and until proven otherwise are upholding to the value of one of our basic 1st Amendment rights. Until proven otherwise, you have to let this mosque be built for the greater good. It really doesn't serve our national security interest nor preserve our character abroad by conducting ourselves this way. There's a much bigger issue at stake here than just how we feel concerning the 9/11 victims and their families. Again, I feel for them. God knows I do, but I can see the larger issue here.

    We lose ourselves if we deny them the very basic rights under the law we expect for ourselves. This isn't a Liberal thing. It's not a Republican thing. It's an American democracy thing!! To lose sight of that means we may as well stop trying to show the world we are the example for spreading same around the world.

    Open your eyes, people. Lay aside your hate. Be watchful. Be mindful. Be vigilent. But don't be afraid.
    I have the Constitutional Right to stand outside your home, on the public sidewalk and call you every name in the book, protest your very existence night and day......... would that be right? Would you defend my right to do that? Would you encourage me?
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  6. #96
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: Mosque in new york to possibly move!

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    I have the Constitutional Right to stand outside your home, on the public sidewalk and call you every name in the book, protest your very existence night and day......... would that be right? Would you defend my right to do that? Would you encourage me?
    Muslims who had nothing to do with 9/11 and condemn those acts and want to build a mosque = Standing in front of someones house night and day and slandering them

    Wow.

  7. #97
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Mosque in new york to possibly move!

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    I have the Constitutional Right to stand outside your home, on the public sidewalk and call you every name in the book, protest your very existence night and day......... would that be right? Would you defend my right to do that? Would you encourage me?
    Sure if I've done something that violated your local, state or Constitutional rights or threaten same, i.e., I own a pit-bull and it has mulled a child. I have a fenced in yard, but the dog keeps finding ways to get out and hurt members of the general public. Do I protect my right to own this or any dog or do I give in to the angry mod? Would repairing my fense and find ways to make it more secure satisfy you or would you only be satisfied if I got rid of the dog? What if I never owned another dog again? Better yet, what if I moved out of the neighborhood? What would satisfy you? How far does it go?

    These are the same types of issues we as a nation must begin to deal with. Otherwise, they win because they've broken down our resolve to adhere to the very priciples we expect everyone else around the world to embrace. Would moving this mosque at Ground Zero satisfy you? Clearly for some it would not. Look at the proposition NY Gov. Patterson presented. Apparently, for some moving the mosque on state land (whether the state donated it or sold it to them) wouldn't have mattered. Have far away is far enough away? What land can they build on to embrace the general public? Where exactly can they go to worship in peace while also welcoming the community?
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 08-18-10 at 01:47 PM.

  8. #98
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Mosque in new york to possibly move!

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Sure if I've done something that violated your local, state or Constitutional rights or threatens same, i.e., I own a pit-bull and it has mulled a child. I have a fenced in yard, but the dog keeps finding ways to get out and hurt members of the general public. Do I protect my right to own this or any dog or do I give in to the angry mod? Would repairing my fense and find ways to make it more secure satisfy you or would you only be satisfied if I got rid of the dog? What if I never owned another dog again? Better yet, what if I moved out of the neighborhood? What would satisfy you? How far does it go?
    Nothing you can do will satisfy me except leave..... will you defend my right to be there? Encourage me?
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  9. #99
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Mosque in new york to possibly move!

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    Muslims who had nothing to do with 9/11 and condemn those acts and want to build a mosque = Standing in front of someones house night and day and slandering them

    Wow.
    Mind your own business.... I'm asking OV.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  10. #100
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: Mosque in new york to possibly move!

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Nothing you can do will satisfy me except leave..... will you defend my right to be there? Encourage me?
    Those on this forum who oppose the mosque try to play a game of semantics. "They have the right, but that doesn't mean they should do it." Having the right to do something one wants to do means they should do it, because if they really shouldn't be doing it, then they shouldn't have the right to do it. Saying someone shouldn't do it, means that deep down inside you really believe they shouldn't have the right to do so, but you just don't want to say it.

Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •